Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [PLEASE READ] New Forum Mods '08!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:27 am 
Retired Admin

Greetings SRF!!!

The moment you have all been waiting for is finally here... the unveiling of the new additions to the SRF Mod Team!

First of all, I would like to extend my thanks to everyone who applied... we reveiced 67 applications total! It was not an easy task sorting through them all and choosing from such an excellent roster of users who all want to make SRF a better place. In fact, despite the fact that we are hiring more users this time than ever before, there were still many that we wished to give positions but simply did not have room. As SRF grows and the need for further mods becomes evident, I hope that these people will again toss their hats in the ring and go for the glory.

And now... the list!

First of all, I have to say that on a personal note, the following announcement means a lot to me. This person has been an unbelivable help to me ever since he was promoted to mod back in November of '06. I have no doubt that he will continue to do his best to serve the SRF community in his new position of Deputy Admin. Please join me in welcoming...

• Key-J!!!

And now, please join me and the rest of the Mod Team in welcoming the following people to the position of Global Moderator:

• RuYi
  • Manowar
  • dom
  • Hershey

This next list was by far the hardest. So many excellent applications, so comparatively few forum spots to fill! But we reached a concensus, and we would like you all to join us in welcoming the following people to the position of Section Moderator:

• Trice - News & Announcements
  • cpinney - Technical Help
  • PB_and_J - Site Discussion
  • Deacon - General Discussion
  • Sylhana - General Discussion
  • MrBow - General Discussion
  • Stress - Characters & Skills
  • SM-Count - Guides & Tutorials
  • Barotix - Questions & Answers
  • fena - Questions & Answers
  • Hershey - Marketplace
  • darkmaster21 - Other SRO Versions
  • BrokenSaint - Off-Topic Lounge
  • Luoma - Off-Topic Lounge
  • Kratos - Videos (soon-to-be-added)
  • dom - Artists' Corner
  • HOLLAstir - Sig Requests
  • MasterKojito - Guilds & Clans
  • Ell - Guilds & Clans

These Section Mods will be your go-to people for any questions, concerns, or problems you have during the course of your SRF experience. Each section of this forum now has at least one mod attached to it. Some of the more heavily-trafficked ones - such as General Discussion and the Off-Topic Lounge - have several. We all have different schedules, come from different time zones, and browse SRF at different times of day, so no matter what happens, you should be able to find at least a few mods on at any time of day.

The Mod Team asks for your patience while we bring this transition about. It is going to take a few days before we set up all the new mods' permissions and really get everything running, and then there'll be a period of adjustment while everyone gets comfortable where they are. I would like to ask you all to give the new additions to the team your full support, and show them the respect that they deserve. With so many applying and so comparatively few positions to fill, it's natural that some of you will feel disappointed with the outcome of this round of hiring, but I encourage you to stay positive and do your best to lead by example. There's no better way to make a good impression for the next round!

To those who were picked: please give me a little time to get you all added and everything dialed in. There's a LOT to do, and it takes time!

Again, thank you all for your support of this process. Extra thanks to those who applied; it really was a tough decision for all of us. Enjoy, and happy posting!!!

-SG

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]