Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: War With Bots [Massive Bot Ban]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:39 pm 

Simple politics people..bonus silk event + ctf event + bot ban..they are clearly just refreshing their business since they started to notice that more and more ppl are quitting the game lately...a couple of months from now they'll get back to sleep.

Proof of that is all that BS propaganda "we gonna ban bots...ow yea..just wait and see...we gonna own'em..oh yea" If they were really serious they would just simply ban them and post some huge list of 1000+ account names...no introductions...just pure banning efforts.

Its not that i'm against the banning but i'm just stating my opinion about how lame this is...now several ppl are going to attempt to get back to playing..and they'll buy massive amounts of silk thinking that the game is perfect now and that they can play normally..while 1 month later bots will be back.

God i love it how some ppl are so predictable.

Biggest con of the 20th century: http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq34 ... 9_7291.jpg

Israeli tactics of warfare: http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq34 ... 2_5854.jpg

Post subject: Re: War With Bots [massive bot ban]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:37 pm 

kub4n1t wrote:
do you guys even know how much gms work? maintaining a game like silkroad takes a lot... my friend in my server is epin seller, he knows gm, he told me they are very busy, they cant do all in once... and ppl, this is the same shit as before ^^ bots banned, 1 week later all comes back.. like always

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qT1hjDtVeHw

Hard to ban? How about block?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:32 pm 

I have a mind boggling question.......... Can they ban first then post a list, instead of warning the "the bot industry" ?

a few reminders to avoid being hacked !
viewtopic.php?t=61927

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:31 am 

Overcome wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:21 pm 
Banned User

yeah sure.. massive .. bot baning .. ban me .. i`m boting.. with isro ;) .. ah sorry.. they can`t.. cause i`m .. some source of money.. for them ;) .. they ban only cracked bots.. hacked..and all those shits..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:55 pm 
Loyal Member

punkdeejay wrote:
yeah sure.. massive .. bot baning .. ban me .. i`m boting.. with isro ;) .. ah sorry.. they can`t.. cause i`m .. some source of money.. for them ;) .. they ban only cracked bots.. hacked..and all those shits..

Well atleast you wont be posting here again, thanks for coming out of the closet.

"I'm not an evolved being, how dare you call me that" - Christian

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:41 pm 

punkdeejay wrote:

haha self-ownage FTW. Did you miss the whole SRF war on bots thing here, and the Exposed Botters section?

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:18 am 
Banned User

PR0METHEUS wrote:
punkdeejay wrote:

haha self-ownage FTW. Did you miss the whole SRF war on bots thing here, and the Exposed Botters section?

He could be using that as an example? notice the :roll

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:25 am 
Ex-Staff

Banned.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:54 am 

redneck wrote:
PR0METHEUS wrote:
punkdeejay wrote:

I see two winks, no :rolls

Even so, with all of the exposing bots activity going on here, why would anyone say "I'm botting" in a context like that?

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:52 pm 
Forum Legend

redneck wrote:
PR0METHEUS wrote:
punkdeejay wrote:

Well it doesn't really matter if he was lying or not, cause it still sounded pretty supportive of bots. And to correct his post, they ban pay bots and crack bots because My friend bought silk every month for the 3 month he was using the bot, not gonna post name of bot so ppl here reading dont look it up :P But the point is that they do actually ban bots and not post lists, but they post the lists when the do massive bans.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:29 am 
Banned User

Well, I guess we can only hope for the best here...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:33 am 

ShadowReaver wrote:
AnarChaos wrote:
Here is my ideas about the issue:

1) Joymax should give evey bot player and Goldbots PK Status for a week before banning them. So we can kill'em all, earn exp, sp and items which fall off from them. Wouldn't be nice to kill them and get all SOX stuff from them? :D

2) Deliver the SOS items which bot players in their account to the legit people as a gift or by letting them have by killing the monsters.

3) There should be a reporting function in action window works this way: Click on the user who is botting and click on 'Report' icon in action window.

4) Hire more GM's and let them REALLY investigate the reported users and make them grind in the game as regular players with regular names. (So they can control everywhere and have the real feeling what KS means!)

Thats what I think ! :)

3 and 4 will be a catastrophe. just imagine letting 12 yr old noobs to make false reports, just because they think it's funny. Moreover, people might report others just because they didnt talk to them nice or other stuff like that. Joymax doesnt want that headache for sure.

Er perfect world does 3 and 4 and they do it damn good. I report bots in game all the time. A GM pops in next to me, thanks me, bans the bot, and then goes poof himself. They are like ninja. Their bot banning skills are legendary. They are relentless, remoseless, and thurrough. And in the case someone makes to many false reports they block them from making reports. Problem solved. Hell someone reported one of my members. The GM PMed him but he was not paying attention. So the GM TPed him to a high lvl town and got his attention. Asked him to recite his ABCs and once that was done sent him back to keep playing. :D And yes this game is F2P. And yes Joymax's bans will be an ineffective joke. Enjoy the 6 hours of clean servers folks. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:45 am 

kub4n1t wrote:
do you guys even know how much gms work? maintaining a game like silkroad takes a lot... my friend in my server is epin seller, he knows gm, he told me they are very busy, they cant do all in once... and ppl, this is the same shit as before ^^ bots banned, 1 week later all comes back.. like always

LOL what will it take to get you to notice. We have had GM come on here and more or less say they couldn't/didn't do shit. The bots on Silkroad are easy to spot but yet the GM can't manage to ban them and how many GM were there? The bots on perfect world are easy to spot and there are basically 1-2 GM atm. And they ban a ton daily. If there are GMs working it was never on SRO sorry. Other games have GMs. SRO does not.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:51 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

kub4n1t wrote:

Which is exactly like ive always believed. There is no way at all to ever get rid of the gold bots. But there is a way to get rid of player bots. They cant wait 6 months between every time they decide to ban bots, and they cant keep warning everyone those times. They need to randomly and occassionally do it with silent logging.
Players that get their "hard worked" (meaning long time build up) accounts banned, will not be bothered to constantly keep building up new accounts over and over. And they need to be banned at least once to realise they cant keep botting. But with 6 months between and warnings upfront, tons of botters will avoid this, thus keep botting.

Im not saying they shouldnt ban the gold bots they come over aswell, I'm just saying that they will keep returning nomather what.

Sword\Shield LvL 52
Currently Farmed: 80.000SP
Farming: Unknown
Inactive

Wizard\Cleric LvL 2x
Currently Farmed: 500.000SP
Farming: 800.000 - 1.000.000SP
Inactive

Cleric\Bard LvL 2x
Currently Farmed: 110.000SP
Farming: 200.000SP - 250.000SP
Inactive

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:01 pm 
Forum God

Busy? Then hire me. I can ban 1k+ bots a day.

Btw, there is no bot ban this week :x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:15 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

kub4n1t wrote:
and ppl, this is the same shit as before ^^ bots banned, 1 week later all comes back.. like always

i was referring to that part btw :roll:

Sword\Shield LvL 52
Currently Farmed: 80.000SP
Farming: Unknown
Inactive

Wizard\Cleric LvL 2x
Currently Farmed: 500.000SP
Farming: 800.000 - 1.000.000SP
Inactive

Cleric\Bard LvL 2x
Currently Farmed: 110.000SP
Farming: 200.000SP - 250.000SP
Inactive

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:26 pm 
Banned User

Their translator has probably forgot to translate a few things.
Quote:
Silkroad Online has prepared a massive bot punishment in order to satisfy the request of our users.

The ban list is already made.

Quote:
Please understand that this preparation has took a long time because we have increased the accuracy of blocking massive number of bots without harming good intentioned players.

Yes... it probably really took with all the made up names.

Quote:
We will proceed the punishment as soon as the preparation is complete.

Here they missed a part. The most important one... "The ban list will be released just in case

Been bored... haha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:15 pm 
Site Owner

I have no idea what the job description for a silkroad GM is but its certainly not standard to ever other games that have GM's. Which is basically, run around helping users, answering trouble tickets and punishing people out of line in game.

None of which the silkroad GM's do. Im sure they do SOMETHING, but pred/others would be the only ones who really know what the hell goes on behind the screen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:49 pm 
Banned User

The last bot ban didn't detect altered clients... lol...

My cousin uses an altered one and never got baned... my friends use it and they never get banned... Joymax's bot ban is going to be just like the last...all the gold farmers... and a few player bots...

Lvl: 63
Build: Pure Int Sword/Shield
Guild: Prosperity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:24 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

:banghead:

Pretty much sums up how I feel.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:43 pm 
Casual Member

woot ban the bots

Class: WarLock/self-fishes cleric
Guild: Odyssey
Some people are born great others have greatness driven upon them and for some greatness is never achieved.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:18 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

metz wrote:
kub4n1t wrote:

Which is exactly like ive always believed. There is no way at all to ever get rid of the gold bots. But there is a way to get rid of player bots. They cant wait 6 months between every time they decide to ban bots, and they cant keep warning everyone those times. They need to randomly and occassionally do it with silent logging.
Players that get their "hard worked" (meaning long time build up) accounts banned, will not be bothered to constantly keep building up new accounts over and over. And they need to be banned at least once to realise they cant keep botting. But with 6 months between and warnings upfront, tons of botters will avoid this, thus keep botting.

Im not saying they shouldnt ban the gold bots they come over aswell, I'm just saying that they will keep returning nomather what.

You are very arrogant. Banning player bots will not make the server less crowded. The only reason why the server is so crowded now is because of the Gold Botters. If the GMs continue to ban the player bots, SRO will lose money, assure that, in addition to that Gold bots will have more chances to make more accounts, thus instead of a variety of players there will be only Legits or Gold Bots. Sooner or later Legits will begin leaving because the server is still crowded. Then there will be no one playing. In addition to that, the player botters finds items a lot faster than Legits do, not that i support them, but i buy lots of my items from them. =) And all i'm saying is, before you guys argue on why SRO isn't banning anyone, or why dont they jsut ban player bots, or what ever it is you're asking. ask yourself, do u want them to ban a bunch of player bots because they are crowding the server (they're not, there's very little of them) or because they max lvl faster (which SRO is all about Gears and Grinding) or because you're just mad they KS u (which most of them do), or do u want to ban a bunch of Gold Bots because they crowd the servers (over 50% of a server's population is gold bots, each servers crowdedness depends on the number of gold botters), or do they ks too much (i'm guessing 20 gold bots in a area of 50m radius ksing each other no one can get a kill considering they are 5-10 lvls above the mobs they're fighting "1 shot kills"), or do u want to ban both? (sro will not ban all player bots, because people are greedy and they want money, and they gotta pay the bills unlike most players on SRO) hence most players not all players. in addition to that player bots buy way more silk than normal players, hence the fact they can't pick up most items because their bot doesn't read the item dropped through accident killing (ex. lightning attacks, kills one spreads to the other kills it), so they buy pets, 2 they get to max lvl a lot faster so they buy astrals and immortals for their items, now with the pt mobs some of them multi or use multiple computers to plvl a new char., they need silk or they'll have more chances of getting banned, 3 Legits do not buy as much silk because they do not need as much. 1 they do not lvl up as fast, 2 they most likely do not use as much pets considering when they pt auto shares there will be another player with a pet, 3 yes they buy premiums and stuff, but sadly most of the players buying premiums are player botters not Legits, i've cked. how? don't ask, i wont tell, but trust me, i've cked. player botters beats Legits in premium buying by a ratio of 6:4, thirdly i've bought a Gold Bot to ck out it's usage, i've found that they are clientless, do not use graphics, i've multied up to 20+ while using my computer to convert avi to dvd formats, burn dvds, watch movies online while using office to do my projects and DreamWeaver + CS3. That was only me testing it because i've seen around 50 botters logging in one at a time in DW and i thought they must be from one person, so i cked it out. =) player bots Uses Graphics, max they can multi is around 7-10 if they use high speed connection with a good custom build comp. or 15 if they have quad core 4 gb ram minimum with dsl minimum if they are the only one using internet.

How do i know all of this, i've tested out all programs used to tweak SRO, and i have to say, botting is very very boring, being Legit is Fun, u can chat with friends while playing, lure botters (extremely fun), luring friends that are afk (even better than luring botters since they're afk), killing botters with pt mobs how? ( make a auto share pt, run around and fight a few, let a bunch of aggro pt mobs show up, wait for them to gang up on the botter, and he will die =) as simple as that), also disconnecting player botters they get so pissed when u d/c them.

Well probably the Mods will ban me since i'm an ex botter. =( that's just some information for you guys to look into. oh and before you guys start arguing try understand the other side's point of view, find out how they can argue against you, find a way to counter, then start the yapping.

BTW not to promote player bots, but some of them are really cool, globaled for me and stuff for free, or maybe that's just because i'm a girl? idk...oh well

hope this could help clear some stuff, before someone else tries to say "lets just start banning player bots (so more gold bots can join and crowd the server even more)" how about just, lets start banning the ip's of Gold bots first, get the server to get less crowded, make a email veri. so people can't just use a fake email such as asdfjkl@urAnus.com <---the email i used =), then after the server gets less crowded the gms can start concentrating on player bots,

I've heard this from a bird
Rumor: "tweet tweet" -- Gold Bot company are not the property of Joymax, but they do make money from them because they are a "Sister Company" of Joymax -- "tweet tweet"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:59 pm 

Punctuation and paragraphs FTW!

Lito_Ly wrote:
You are very arrogant. Banning player bots will not make the server less crowded. The only reason why the server is so crowded now is because of the Gold Botters. If the GMs continue to ban the player bots, SRO will lose money, assure that

I'm quite certain that Joymax does not get most of their revenue from silk sales to player bots. You're forgetting about license sales of Silkroad Online to other gaming companies (the likes of cSRO, tSRO, jSRO, etc pay fees to Joymax to host the game in their country).

Lito_Ly wrote:
in addition to that player bots buy way more silk than normal players, hence the fact they can't pick up most items because their bot doesn't read the item dropped through accident killing (ex. lightning attacks, kills one spreads to the other kills it), so they buy pets, 2 they get to max lvl a lot faster so they buy astrals and immortals for their items...

Player bots might buy silk more often than legits do, but legits have a lot more time available to buy silk. I don't buy silk myself, but if I did, I've had 2 years of game time to purchase plenty of silk. If I was a bot, I'd hit cap in less than a year and have less than half the time to buy silk. So it might even out.

Lito_Ly wrote:
thirdly i've bought a Gold Bot to ck out it's usage, i've found that they are clientless, do not use graphics, i've multied up to 20+ while using my computer to convert avi to dvd formats, burn dvds, watch movies online while using office to do my projects and DreamWeaver + CS3.

OMG BOTTER!!!!! BANHAMMER! :twisted: :P

Lito_Ly wrote:
player bots Uses Graphics, max they can multi is around 7-10 if they use high speed connection with a good custom build comp. or 15 if they have quad core 4 gb ram minimum with dsl minimum if they are the only one using internet.

Or... Player bot can multi a couple player bot characters, and multi 20+ clientless gold bots at the same time. I'm sure plenty of player bots also run a fleet of 20+ gold bots while they are afk leveling... :banghead:

Lito_Ly wrote:
Well probably the Mods will ban me since i'm an ex botter. =(

Yeah probably.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:47 pm 
Advanced Member

I hear its going to be on Mar21

can some1 confirm this?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:25 am 
Forum Legend

Ryoko wrote:
I have no idea what the job description for a silkroad GM is but its certainly not standard to ever other games that have GM's. Which is basically, run around helping users, answering trouble tickets and punishing people out of line in game.

None of which the silkroad GM's do. Im sure they do SOMETHING, but pred/others would be the only ones who really know what the hell goes on behind the screen.
If only we were more like Ksro. Getting dam legendVIII and were only on II

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:04 pm 

Some random dude told me that They implemented a new system, and that the silkroad community will be surprised in how deep they go, when they ban.. (Pk2editers, Multiclient'ers,Botters,Any illegal stuff) .. :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:43 pm 

Airbeat wrote:
Some random dude told me that They implemented a new system, and that the silkroad community will be surprised in how deep they go, when they ban.. (Pk2editers, Multiclient'ers,Botters,Any illegal stuff) .. :P

Pics or it didn't happen! :-P

One can only hope they'll have a good anti-cheat system.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:54 pm 
Banned User

a question... when is the bot ban gonna happen? i wanna be able to log in during the spring break, dont care about after that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:23 pm 

Hopefully this inspection.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next