Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: 7/22 Banlist is up
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:59 pm 
Common Member

Blurred wrote:
Snoopy wrote:
My glaiver, which I havn't touched in 4 months was banned, My low level which I was powerfarming before I went on holidays (3-4 months ago) is banned. Neither botted, neither had anything wrong with them. I think Joymax is banning old characters to make people think they're doing a good job.

Glaiver 80 FF
Other one Lv32.

My friend hasn't been on his account in 6 months its lvl 78 no silk in it... He aint banned.

Agree
i dont think JM are that stupid to ban only for 4 mounths

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:59 pm 
Forum Legend

or it's just another mistake by joymax =[

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:00 pm 
Veteran Member

I have an account that I haven't played in 2 years with no silk and it isn't banned yet :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:11 pm 
Ex-Staff

Snoopy wrote:
My glaiver, which I havn't touched in 4 months was banned, My low level which I was powerfarming before I went on holidays (3-4 months ago) is banned. Neither botted, neither had anything wrong with them. I think Joymax is banning old characters to make people think they're doing a good job.

Glaiver 80 FF
Other one Lv32.

I took a break for about 3-4 months. Came back for a few weeks, then went on Hiatus because I was playing to much and I was. :shock:

3-4 months.

OH, and it looks like joymax is banning more real people that are innocent.

@People who haven't been banned yet. You can't use that as an example. The Player Database is huge, if Joymax is systematically banning inactive accounts, then don't expect them to immediately ban your account. That is a HUGE database. Thousands of characters that haven't been used, with about 600 per ban and 30(?) Servers, it might take awhile before they get your inactives.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:13 pm 
Frequent Member

They aren't just banning inactives now, my staller was banned this time -_-...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:17 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Barotix wrote:
Snoopy wrote:

Glaiver 80 FF
Other one Lv32.

I took a break for about 3-4 months. Came back for a few weeks, then went on Hiatus because I was playing to much and I was. :shock:

3-4 months.

@People who haven't been banned yet. You can't use that as an example. The Player Database is huge, if Joymax is systematically banning inactive accounts, then don't expect them to immediately ban your account. That is a HUGE database. Thousands of characters that haven't been used, with about 600 per ban and 30(?) Servers, it might take awhile before they get your inactives.

Do You have a proof that Joymax banned You wrongfully? Back in the old days bplease the biggest botter on Athens also claimed that [GM]Crayon banned him wrongfully. He even created an account on silkroadtavern call "WrongfullyAccused" :wink:. What makes You any different? Except for the fact, that You can have more unverified excuses?

BTW Banning accounts does not equal erasing them from the database. They are only banning accounts but if You try to login even on the older accounts banned they are not marked as non-existant but only banned. So do You have a proof that they are banning innocents to free-up database space?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:45 pm 
Ex-Staff

Osman wrote:
Barotix wrote:
Snoopy wrote:

Glaiver 80 FF
Other one Lv32.

3-4 months.

Do You have a proof that Joymax banned You wrongfully? Back in the old days bplease the biggest botter on Athens also claimed that [GM]Crayon banned him wrongfully. He even created an account on silkroadtavern call "WrongfullyAccused" :wink:. What makes You any different? Except for the fact, that You can have more unverified excuses?

BTW Banning accounts does not equal erasing them from the database. They are only banning accounts but if You try to login even on the older accounts banned they are not marked as non-existant but only banned. So do You have a proof that they are banning innocents to free-up database space?

@1st paragraph, The only proof I can offer is my word as the ban reason doesn't do justice. Take it as you wish. One person or several people not believing won't change facts: I am legit, have always been legit, and continue to be legit.

@2nd paragraph, I didn't post they were doing a database clean up. I said the database is huge. IMO, they're banning innocents because seeing normal (unknown) names on a ban list gives the player a feeling of reassurance. So, your straw man is fail. Note* "Systematically banning", not deleting. Don't infer what isn't there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:09 pm 
Frequent Member

A good 80% of "stall characters" are multicliented.

Also, do people even think about pk2 edits? Any kind, not just stealth editing. -.-

If the account is inactive, then why would it matter?

PS: I'm so effing glad I left babel. Back to 9-10 bans a week. rofl.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:01 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

My first char on greece which has been inactive for a little over a year has not been banned yet. Going to check every ban list in the future. It will be funny if it does.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:31 pm 
Banned User

lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:57 am 

the_wicked wrote:
lvl 8x from BlackHand got banned on venus named KS_Master. Shame, he was a cool dude, partied all the way up too, I don't know why he got banned >___>

Just because he parties it doesn't mean he doesn't bot. He can very well bot and just chat with ppl to pretend he doesn't bot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:35 am 
Forum Legend

if he partied all the way up, people would've noticed right away if he was botting in the party. most euros on venus haven't soloed at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:16 am 
Casual Member

it's SAD to know innocent people got BAN twice. I, on the other hand, have over 7 inactive accounts and not one was ban.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:23 am 
Forum Legend

joymax is unfair :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:01 am 
Advanced Member

Osman wrote:
Barotix wrote:
Snoopy wrote:

Glaiver 80 FF
Other one Lv32.

3-4 months.

They could always ban an account then delete the characters to clear up space. Seeing you can't remake names people would never know.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:00 am 
Common Member

i just found out that the staller of my guildmate got banned. good thing was his staller char was on a different account.

i got a question... i have 3 storage chars on my main account. i never stall using any of them, i stall with my main char. would JM ban any of my storage chars?

Post subject: Re: Bot Punishment (July 22, 2008)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:05 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

well, one thing i noticed was that online times also has a say about getting banned. Had a friend who played all day long, and at night, he stalled, making his account logged on, 24h over 24h. He got banned. he created another account, and did the same. He got banned again. I guess being online so much time, and with no log outs, classifies you as a botter, at the eyes of joymax...which kinda sucks, cause it cuts the fun of the game..:\

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:53 am 

and i was wondering who exactly are those who got banned recently. they dun look too familiar. and i dun see that many gold bots around. it could be many are bogus names or those bots must be working hard when i'm offline.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:51 pm 
Casual Member

well so far all my chars/accounts got banned
my lvl 66, 38, 37, 51 but i havent been on any of them in atleast 3 months and i nvr botted on any of them but i did plvl all of them a little bit with my lvl 66 so

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:09 am 
Banned User

OMG man 2 weeks ago my noob char lvl 33 is banned
he didnt bot of course and now my lvl 1 stall char
is banned( lvl 1) what a stupid game man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:20 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

My friend got banned XxX_sika_XxX lvl 45 on neptune and he has been playing that acc for like 4 - 5 months on that char so why is he a bot he plays 4-5 hours a day which dont make sense so why did he get banned exactly?