Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fresh in Northrend: Tanking Gear Questions
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:18 pm 
Advanced Member

Alright, just got my protadin to Northrend, and if there's one thing I'm noticing, it's the lack of defense on greens.

My green set from Outland was decent, like 3.xx% crit avoidance and near enough 50% mitigation. But while I'm getting a ton of Stam and Strength Im losing my mitigation.

I suppose what I want to ask is, which should I balance more; Being a sponge until I can start getting some NR blues, keeping some of my Outland greens mixed in for defense, or go for of the Champion greens?

Bah, I ramble sometimes.

Post subject: Re: Fresh in Northrend: Tanking Gear Questions
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:34 pm 
Veteran Member

To be honest, since I wasn't there to gear up pre WotLK, I just tanked normal dungeons while I leveled to 80 with just quest rewards. I think I also got some BS crafts, the blue BS crafts give a lot of defense to help with capping defense at start, before heroics.

Post subject: Re: Fresh in Northrend: Tanking Gear Questions
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:13 pm 
Site Owner

Check this out. A comprehensive list of most tanking gear, minus a couple items that seemed to have gotton left out.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/3946 ... -list.html

Outside of that, theres blacksmithed blue items starting at 75+ all over the auction house from people leveling smithing. Those may/may not be on that list as well, but you can also use a wowhead filter to plan your shopping list.

http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4&filter= ... rv=0#0-2+1

Some of these are rep items. Like the Wyrmrest accord items. AS you level through northrend, make sure to hit these factions and complete the quest chains to help your toon with reputation