Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Emalon Destroyer of Pugs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:41 pm 
Chronicle Writer

Thats what he should be called because i swear its impossible to find a pug who can do this on 25m. Simple concept really, tank adds and emalon apart on opposite sides, avid emalons nova, melee waits by adds after nova, kill charged add, rinse repeat.

But that never happens. For some reason the damn melee never wait or healers **** up or for some reason the tank doesn't pick up the new add when it comes out or whatever...christ i've wasted so much g trying in repairs for that.

10 was easy though, i got my T8 pants on my first run through it...

Post subject: Re: Emalon Destroyer of Pugs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:18 am 
Veteran Member

I couldn't even finish the 10 man version with a pug yesterday, since I was the only one above 2k dps with 3k

Apparently every dpser has to have 2k+ dps to kill the overcharged one in time :/ always wiped on the 4th/5th one

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:06 am 
Forum Legend

iGod wrote:
I couldn't even finish the 10 man version with a pug yesterday, since I was the only one above 2k dps with 3k

Apparently every dpser has to have 2k+ dps to kill the overcharged one in time :/ always wiped on the 4th/5th one

Yep, my problems exactly.

I was in a PUG group, where i was one of the 2 players with an avarage of 3.1k (me) and 3.7k (rogue) dps. The rest hovered around 1500-1700.

What pisses me off is, i'm full blue, with about 3/4 epics. All those players around 1500-1700dps we're full valorous geared...

bleh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:50 am 
Forum Legend

the pug 25man i was in failed, but the 10 man succeeded, after we kicked an ele shaman who was doing 1.3k dps, lol.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:15 am 
Chronicle Writer

pick up group

i hate carrying ppl in pugs. I do like that VoA is no longer kid stuff cause T8 shouldn't come easily but i just wish ppl would realize that and stop bringing the whole raid down. I was in a 25m today and the leader wouldn't kick 3 ppl cause they were in all blues, they were his guild mates :banghead: dps was under 2.5k and we had 5 ppl under 2k

ppl there expecting to go from blues to T8 should forget about it, the instance was definitely not designed for that to happen. I think it'll be awhile before ppl start realizing that though, next time i make a pug 25m VoA im asking for 10m Achieve just to filter out the rtards and a probably going armory everyone just to make sure ppl are up to snuff...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:10 am 
Forum Legend

To be fair, people in blues doing 3k dps, can go anywhere with me, i wont care one single bit. Player > gear.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:57 pm 
Chronicle Writer

to be fair if you can pull 3k in blues someone should be able to pull 5-6k in full val. If you walk into my VoA wearing blue im not going to believe you have the dps for it, theres no way. Blizzard didn't make a boss that drops T8 that can be downed by people wearing full northrend blues...

im only this anal when it comes to content like this, where the guy who just hit 80 should definitely not be tagging along trying to score some easy gear.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:56 am 
Frequent Member

I have no idea what any of this means yet, but it's very interesting. I've only run 5 man dungeons so far...do you have to run them as a 25m group? What is this stuff about tiered gear? Links appreciated very much if you don't want to explain things to my noobness.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:41 am 
Forum Legend

XemnasXD wrote:
to be fair if you can pull 3k in blues someone should be able to pull 5-6k in full val. If you walk into my VoA wearing blue im not going to believe you have the dps for it, theres no way. Blizzard didn't make a boss that drops T8 that can be downed by people wearing full northrend blues...

im only this anal when it comes to content like this, where the guy who just hit 80 should definitely not be tagging along trying to score some easy gear.

True. But still. For some people capable of doing this. It's annoying as **** to get refused based on gear.

Whereas I raided all the highest content in TBC, succesfully, fully T6/sunwell geared. And then you get rejected for something simple as VOA, whilst you know you'll out-dps 15/18 dps.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:01 pm 
Common Member

lavapockets wrote:
I have no idea what any of this means yet, but it's very interesting. I've only run 5 man dungeons so far...do you have to run them as a 25m group? What is this stuff about tiered gear? Links appreciated very much if you don't want to explain things to my noobness.

I don't have a clue to your level but I will try to explain the best as I can I will assume 70+ in level. 5 man dungeons are regular dungeons which gets you gear that is better then quest reward gear. With the gears from the regular dungeons once you hit 80 you can run the same dungeons in herioc mode which drops better gear and the mobs are harder and may have extra bosses and you get emblems of heroism which can be traded vendors for some really good gear. The gear from the heroic allows you to run the 10 man raids such as nax EoE and OS. Same principle as the heric better gear harder mobs. Once you get gear from the 10 man then you move on to the 25 man raids of nax EOE and OS this should get ready for Uldar. That is the basic steps to get ya geared for the higher instances.

Depending on the guild or party ya pug maybe able to skip some of the steps.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:20 pm 
Chronicle Writer

omg after days of fail and retards in blues i go in there with this pug that was so pro and just 1 shot the 25m. 3 pieces of Furious crap and 1 lock gloves dropped. My friend who convinced to join lost the roll to an 84 QQ. But still now i have both titles BWAHAHAHAHA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:41 pm 
Loyal Member

off topic but Xemnas, wheres the animated part of your sig from?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:33 am 
Frequent Member

Watchmen. good movie

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:36 pm 
Banned User

As long as i don't see complete noobs running around with 4 peices of Conquers gear (8.5) i'im happy
our guild runs it as long as we have WG at the start of our raid time

Tho , id wish some bloody druid gear would drop off that basterd!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:43 pm 
Elite Member

lawl I feel so noob. I wipe on Zul'Farak still with a 2man group.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:08 am 
Forum God

.curve wrote:
lawl I feel so noob. I wipe on Zul'Farak still with a 2man group.

i soloed that but damn it was a bitch, its not the mobs that kill you its that you run out of mana long before all the waves are done i was life tapping and watching my health go lower and lower (did it in the end)

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:21 am 
Elite Member

Exactly! I'm a pally so I have low Mana as it is. Then to keep using Consecration for the AoE effect. Owns my mana and I cry.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:22 pm 
Forum God

ZOMG i lead a pug into VOA and did the impossible we downed emalon...yeh i shit you not...then again i was raid leader and looking at my track record the odds are increased (leadership wise)

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:54 am 
Frequent Member

not to rain on your parade, but they raped emalon's asshole with a nerf stick. ;P but its still not a very pug friendly fight

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:55 pm 
Chronicle Writer

yeah emalon is a pushover now....we had 5 people in the party under 3k excluding tanks + ppl were 100% on the boss and we still managed down down it in a pug...

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:26 pm 
Forum God

i know it got nerfed but it stil rapes 90% of pugs as it stil needs dps of pref 2.5k + quick to move, organised and good geared tanks

before nerf no pug could do it least now we can to the dismay of some of the better guilds

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:57 pm 

Yeah on my server, almost all the decent raid guilds have made Emalon guild raid as it is impossible to find a decent pug. Tuesday night, yep, the Vault is FILLED with raid guilds. Almost chaotic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:45 pm 
Frequent Member

Did my first VOA pug last night, no clue why they nerfed this guy to hell, it was like easy cakes. Took us more time to fill the pug than to actually get through it. I guess the hard part now is actually winning the roll. Got my Furious Gladiator hands on my first run though (got offered 3k gold to ticket it lol?) Good times.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:15 pm 
Chronicle Writer

lavapockets wrote:
Did my first VOA pug last night, no clue why they nerfed this guy to hell, it was like easy cakes. Took us more time to fill the pug than to actually get through it. I guess the hard part now is actually winning the roll. Got my Furious Gladiator hands on my first run though (got offered 3k gold to ticket it lol?) Good times.

nice job with the gloves.

Maybe its a server thing, i heard some are just filled with morons who can't even pug things like emalon in his current state while people were finding it pugable on my server 2-3days after he launched granted they were very specific with who they would take and even with the right group a win was not close to guaranteed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:36 am 
Frequent Member

XemnasXD wrote:
lavapockets wrote:

nice job with the gloves.

Maybe its a server thing, i heard some are just filled with morons who can't even pug things like emalon in his current state while people were finding it pugable on my server 2-3days after he launched granted they were very specific with who they would take and even with the right group a win was not close to guaranteed.

I wish I knew what he was like before :( Now I feel cheated.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:33 am 
Chronicle Writer

i guess thats what all those people who complain that things aren't hard enough feel like...

i can see what they mean sometimes >> i miss the challenge of emalon....mostly i miss feeling like it took a special group to get it done, not just some joe schomos...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:20 am 
Forum Legend

He wasn't that hard before either, tbh, if you have people whom know what to do.

Btw, i would've taken the 3K for the gloves ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:56 am 
Forum God

tried emalon early in my 80's now im geared iv found out Malygos is far harder then emalon for a pug least

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:00 pm 
Chronicle Writer

Priam wrote:
He wasn't that hard before either, tbh, if you have people whom know what to do.

yeah but i mean range had to pair up to avoid CL jumps, melees had to wait by the add for enrage, everyone had to be pushing 3k dps or higher and on that add from 1 stack and if something went wrong it normally meant a CL would wipe the raid....now you can basically faceroll it and just leave disappointed cause you're never gonna get you stuff lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:34 pm 
Frequent Member

Priam wrote:

lol maybe if I needed the gold. But there's no way I'm going to get past 1400 in arena wearing my hateful glad stuff when everyone we come against is in full furious....as in almost every game I've played, you get past a certain point and gear > skill.