Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pee vee Pee thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:16 am 
Veteran Member

Let's get one going.

First I'd like to ask if anyone could recommend a Battlegroup (preferably realm for Wintergrasp) where Horde is quite dominant in PvP (BGs). Honor farming is dreadful on Vengeance and win ratio on Wintergrasp for Horde is also crap so I'm getting the hell out.

Also, I'm currently planning to getting into arenas with a Priest. We are both dual specced for Frost/Arcane and Shadow/Discipline. What would be a good comp for 2s?

By the way, I'm playing on an Oceanic realm but I don't mind moving to a US one because I've looked up some Battlegroups but they don't have any Oceanic realms on them, so meh.

Post subject: Re: Pee vee Pee thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:09 am 
Forum Legend

I'm still waiting for that new BG(related to Azshara apparently.Also waiting for that "re-vamped" BG system,they say they will make it more worth it to play BG's.

Anyways got my 100k Honor Kills Achivement not long ago :D
Destruction FTW

@Bakafish: Please tell me your experience in Arena once you play it,I always wanted to try but could only get into lame skirmish

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

Last edited by Skyve on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:10 am 
Advanced Member

Stormstrike and Bloodlust are the two "big" pvp battlegroups for US/Oceanic realms

Disc Priest/Frost Mage is an OK comp in 2s, but I've never played it. Mages aren't too amazing in 2s (2s is kind of healer+melee dominated), but RMP is a very good comp to run in 3s so you and your friend just need to find a rogue. Mage/Rogue is also pretty decent in 2s

Personally, I'm on Mal'ganis with my horde druid named Stokes, but I might start playing my ally mage on Mannoroth a bit more since I don't raid and I'm getting a tad frustrated/bored with my druid right now. Our WG wins are pretty consistent, but it is usually laggy as hell during primetime in WG for horde, but in general the server is decent, pretty full though, but I haven't sat in a queue for awhile. I can't promise to be able to give you help or much guidance if you move here, you're probably better off finding a server that's on a cluster that's geographically closer to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:26 am 
Veteran Member

Well, I didn't know about that lol. I was looking at Cyclone and Whirlwind myself. I've heard that Cyclone is the most active PvP battlegroup and I've been seeing Horde dominating in BGs for Whirlwind. I'm at about 80% sure moving to Whirlwind (Ravenholdt, again) and they don't have any Oceanic realms in them. Not that it matters really, since I doubt I'm going back into the whole raiding scene again.

Yeah, I've been told 2s aren't so friendly for Mages but we are giving it a shot until we find a Rogue anyways. The thing is for both of us, Ret fucks us up pretty bad with HoF. Frost is pretty much useless without snares, Poly gets dispelled since it's almost 99% that Rets run around with a healer in 2s. I'd rather be fighting Warriors, Rogues and DKs all day long than damned Rets seriously.

Thanks for the offer but I don't mind not getting hooked up into a guild and stuff, I just need an overall better realm/battlegroup. I'm not asking for Horde faceroll battlegroups, but at least the winning ratio on BGs are close to 1:1 I'm happy. I was on EU-Misery and boy I already thought Alliance back there sucked hard in BGs but on Vengeance it's a whole new level.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:49 am 
Advanced Member

For rets, ice lance them a few times before you sheep them to build up winter's chill debuffs and especially try to save sheep on them for when they have freedom. Also, you could do a sheep on ret followed quickly by an imp CS on their healer if you need to buy some time without the ret hitting on anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:13 am 
Veteran Member

Yeah, I try to poly when he has HoF on because it's near impossible to spellsteal it since they have so many trash buffs but I always go wtfpanic mode whenever I get focused by them since my barrier lasts only for 1 skill and I'm pretty much sitting duck when they catch up to me so I use MI and WE... I can't control the stupid images so they always break poly. I really need to pop it only after HoF...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:36 pm 
Frequent Member

bakafish wrote:
Let's get one going.

First I'd like to ask if anyone could recommend a Battlegroup (preferably realm for Wintergrasp) where Horde is quite dominant in PvP (BGs). Honor farming is dreadful on Vengeance and win ratio on Wintergrasp for Horde is also crap so I'm getting the hell out.

Also, I'm currently planning to getting into arenas with a Priest. We are both dual specced for Frost/Arcane and Shadow/Discipline. What would be a good comp for 2s?

By the way, I'm playing on an Oceanic realm but I don't mind moving to a US one because I've looked up some Battlegroups but they don't have any Oceanic realms on them, so meh.

The battlegroup we're in on Arthas (US pvp) is pretty decent. I'm not a fan of one sided anything, and so far this group seems really balanced. We have a tendancy to win slightly more BGs than they do, with the exception of AV. Wintergrasp switches to the other side after every assault. I've never really seen anyone defend it successfully. Which is fine by me, we all get our marks and our quests completed and everyone's happy. Arenas are arenas, my 5's team is almost 1100 rated (we've only done 5's two nights, and the first night I was a complete noob in pve gear.) I do two's with a ret for practice, we're almost 1000 rated :D Rets are a pain in the ass hahah.

Edit: Thought I would share. As will all pallies, you have GOT to force them to trinket, HoF, and bubble as soon as possible. Basic strat that works on most 2's pallies teams (that I've noticed) I sap pally and my ret lays into the other character to force a trinket. Then he hammers the guy and I cheap shot/kidney shot to force the HoF. At that point he's got ret/rogue full dps on him and he's got to bubble. Once the bubble is up we burn the other player, I blind the pally as soon as bubble wears off, we continue to burn the other guy and then I vanish. Rinse repeat on pally.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:02 am 
Veteran Member

Oh well, we are in Ravenholdt (Whirlwind) now. So far things looks better, we don't faceroll in BGs but the winning ratio is much bearable now. Horde population seems to be higher than Alliance, having run into Alliance with Tenacity stacks all the time.

QQ Rets blow me up in <5 seconds at the moment, at 16k health 500 resil my Ice Barrier lasts a skill lol.

Hoho, finally Vindication gets a proper nerf.

Quote:
The Retribution Paladin talent Vindication no longer reduces the targets stamina or intellect but does correctly lower agility, spirit, and strength as mentioned: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 7631617432

Another thing, anyone here uses Afflicted3? I don't know how to configure it lol, every CDs just stacks up on a bar overlapping each other. What the hell is an anchor?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:43 am 
Elite Member

As a ret paladin, my strategy is as follows:

1. Place face on keyboard
2. Roll face over keyboard
3. Repeat until enemy is dead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:01 am 

^
LOL that is so true. I checked if there are any rotations for ret pallys. It's just First Come First Served. Just hit whatever is off cooldown (w/ some exceptions of course).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:22 am 
Elite Member

Pretty much.

Only thing you need to time is Hammer of Wrath.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:28 am 
Advanced Member

Ret Recipe:

2 stacks of lifebloom
a dash of rejuv
swiftmend as needed for taste

Stir until OOM or bored, whichever comes first

Anyways, I love seeing ret teams in 2s because I know a win is probably coming, though sometimes it can take awhile.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:05 am 
Veteran Member

.curve wrote:
Pretty much.

You don't time HoW lol, you just use it when your target is at <20% health. Or did you mean HoJ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:12 am 
Elite Member

bakafish wrote:
.curve wrote:
Pretty much.

You don't time HoW lol, you just use it when your target is at <20% health. Or did you mean HoJ?

Nah I just used the term "time" very loosely there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:21 pm 
Frequent Member

cuchulainn wrote:
Ret Recipe:

2 stacks of lifebloom
a dash of rejuv

Anyways, I love seeing ret teams in 2s because I know a win is probably coming, though sometimes it can take awhile.

GD faceroll healing tanks. Was in a BG with two trees last night...over 1.5m in heals. No one could kill them. At one point they had about 10 people on them and they're health barely dropped. Something is very very borked....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:15 pm 
Advanced Member

lavapockets wrote:
cuchulainn wrote:
Ret Recipe:

2 stacks of lifebloom
a dash of rejuv

GD faceroll healing tanks. Was in a BG with two trees last night...over 1.5m in heals. No one could kill them. At one point they had about 10 people on them and they're health barely dropped. Something is very very borked....

Well, two trees rolling hots on themselves and each other is a **** ton of healing.

My lifebloom ticks for 1k per second with a 3 stack and blooms for 8k non crit. Rejuv is 2k every 3 seconds. Wild growth is nice for a quick hot to bring hp back up a tad and regrowth heals a good amount when you can get it off.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:16 am 
Veteran Member

You should have been there at pre 3.1 where Holy Paladins were raping everyone in AB. 1-2 of them, sometimes even 3 at each node for Horde, GG.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:53 pm 
Frequent Member

cuchulainn wrote:
lavapockets wrote:
cuchulainn wrote:
Ret Recipe:

2 stacks of lifebloom
a dash of rejuv

Well, two trees rolling hots on themselves and each other is a **** ton of healing.

My lifebloom ticks for 1k per second with a 3 stack and blooms for 8k non crit. Rejuv is 2k every 3 seconds. Wild growth is nice for a quick hot to bring hp back up a tad and regrowth heals a good amount when you can get it off.

And that is why I'm stealing my husband's boomkin (which he never plays), respeccing to tree, and I'm gonna run around and be ridiculous :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:12 am 
Veteran Member

Ok, so I just realized that Rogues can get out of those "Oh shit!" moments 8 times... 8!11 First they have Vanish, glyphed Sprint and Evasion. Pop a Preparation and you can refresh all these 3 skills. Then we have Cloak of Shadows, and a trinket. GG, and there I was thinking Rets were hardball.

I also found running around with Ice Armor a pretty sweet thing to do, even if I'm against range or casters. It procs my Fingers of Frost and Frostbite like mad whenever I'm engaging someone with a pet, Hunters, Deekays or Warlocks for free shatters or freezes. 3 very annoying classes for a mage. With Fingers of Frost I can save a charge for Deep Freeze when the Rets activate their bloody Hand of Freedom and shatter them during the period, woot!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:12 pm 
Ex-Staff

bakafish wrote:
Ok, so I just realized that Rogues can get out of those "Oh shit!" moments 8 times... 8!11 First they have Vanish, glyphed Sprint and Evasion. Pop a Preparation and you can refresh all these 3 skills. Then we have Cloak of Shadows, and a trinket. GG, and there I was thinking Rets were hardball.

I also found running around with Ice Armor a pretty sweet thing to do, even if I'm against range or casters. It procs my Fingers of Frost and Frostbite like mad whenever I'm engaging someone with a pet, Hunters, Deekays or Warlocks for free shatters or freezes. 3 very annoying classes for a mage. With Fingers of Frost I can save a charge for Deep Freeze when the Rets activate their bloody Hand of Freedom and shatter them during the period, woot!

We don't wear plate.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:07 pm 
Veteran Member

SM-Count wrote:
bakafish wrote:

We don't wear plate.

And we wear cloth...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:10 pm 
Ex-Staff

bakafish wrote:
SM-Count wrote:
bakafish wrote:

We don't wear plate.

And we wear cloth...

We don't have 30 yd range; and I was comparing to failydins.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:03 pm 
Advanced Member

bakafish wrote:
SM-Count wrote:
bakafish wrote:

We don't wear plate.

And we wear cloth...

And it doesn't matter what you're wearing when fighting a DK or ret pally cause 90% of their damage ignores armor, what's your point?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:19 pm 
Advanced Member

Yay, finally hit 1850. My warrior finally got a betrayer of humanity and suddenly he was able to kill people. Got my weapon, gained about 2k health, 40 resil and almost 200 spellpower

2k+ here we come, I want my shoulders!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:16 am 
Veteran Member

@cuchu Grats on getting the first furious weapon tier.

@SMC Woops I thought you were comparing with Mages. -_- And it's 36 yards range :P

Yesterday I was randomly yelling for a 2s team and got a PM from a Rogue, it turned out to be quite good lol. We are floating around 1500s for now as we still need to get use to each other but I like the comp a lot. Mostly because of the videos from roguerogue.

I guess I'll have to get into a guild farming Naxx 25 and raids at ungodly hours so I can get some weapons and T7 shoulders for 2p bonus.

And yes lol, I wish they'd add Holy as one of the elements so we can mitigate some of the Ret damage lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:23 pm 
Loyal Member

i have a ret pally but i NEVER pvp, mostly because i absolutly suck at it! i get wrecked by everyone no matter what class they are, even by ppl that are like lvl 78. idk why, its not that im a shit player. i think its because i panic, bubble to soon, heal to late, and can never remember to use fol when art of war is up ><, but yeah... you can lose as a ret pally. (because everyone thinks we are so god dam op, but i just dont see it)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:59 pm 

:(

I started playing wow again. (hi all btw). Had to stop for work/life etc :)
Everything sorted now, working full time.

Getting the last % on my mage then finally start pvping with it.

Inactive on hunter atm. He's still sitting in best pre ulduar gear.

download more ram.

Where? Did not find any on google. :soosad:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:19 pm 
Forum God

[SD]Twysta wrote:

:(

I started playing wow again. (hi all btw). Had to stop for work/life etc :)
Everything sorted now, working full time.

Getting the last % on my mage then finally start pvping with it.

Inactive on hunter atm. He's still sitting in best pre ulduar gear.

gota hate retardins in pvp when in trouble bubble!! keep in mind druids are worse when in trouble cat form run away heal or fail that just be a tree who cannot be killed no matter how hard you try.

was in a eye of the storm i was in pve spec thoughing my best rotation at this one Farking tree and i couldnt take it under 50% fear never stuck much either hell curse of the tongues helped a lil go me to 50% but again didnt kill

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:55 pm 
Elite Member

I persoanlly hate warlocks. No, no...faillocks.

The ones who sit there and spam Fear. ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 am 
Forum God

yeh because without fear we are really imbah in pvp we have bubble shield like priest, paladins, casts to break CC like mages, warriors, paladins i think you can see where this is going so yes faillocks

you try been me in a pvp situation for a day best i got is CC and chaos bolt i wont be landing a killing blow but i might be able to survive long enough to piss you off

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.