Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Upcoming mount changes in 3.2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:21 am 
Veteran Member

Zarhym wrote:
In the next major content patch, we intend to adjust mount requirements to further improve the leveling experience in World of Warcraft. In addition, cast times for summoning all mounts will be reduced to 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds. The following is a breakdown of the upcoming cost and level requirement changes we are making for each riding skill.

Apprentice Riding (Skill 75)

* 60% land mount speed
* Requires level 20
* Cost: 4 gold
* Mount cost: 1 gold
* Mail will be sent to players at level 20 guiding them to the riding trainer

Journeyman Riding (Skill 150)

* 100% land mount speed
* Requires level 40
* Cost: 50 gold
* Mount cost: 10 gold
* Mail will be sent to players at level 40 guiding them back to the riding trainer

Expert Riding (Skill 225)

* 150% flying mount speed; 60% land mount speed
* Requires level 60
* Cost: 600 gold (faction discounts now apply)
* Mount Cost: 50 gold
* Can now be learned in Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde)

Artisan Riding (Skill 300)

* 280% flying mount speed; 100% land mount speed
* Requires level 70
* Cost: 5,000 gold (faction discounts now apply)
* Mount Cost: 100 gold

Sauce

Post subject: Re: Upcoming mount changes in 3.2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:32 am 
Ex-Staff

Lv20???

:x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:34 am 
Veteran Member

At lv60 you get the slow flyer (60%) but it goes up to 150% speed on air now, pretty damn sweet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:28 am 
Banned User

I approve.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:04 am 
Forum Legend

oh my gawd when is 3.2 coming out i need this on my priest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:27 am 
Frequent Member

fuck this means im gonna have 1 of every 80 ...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:58 am 

Yesssssssssssssssss!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:59 am 

Omg this made my day !

anyone know when 3.2 is coming out :D?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:08 am 
Veteran Member

Sovereign wrote:
Omg this made my day !

Soon™

Copyright 2004-2009 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:28 am 

bakafish wrote:
Sovereign wrote:
Omg this made my day !

Soon™

Copyright 2004-2009 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Haha typical blizzard.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:06 am 

Do people get the cost they paid in the past reimbursed?

Anyway it's nice. I'll need to save less gold for mounts and thus I can get dual spec faster. I just won't get epic mount of 60 and wait until soon is here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:02 am 
Loyal Member

i think thats stupid.... it was stupid when they droped it from 40 to 30 and its even more rediculous now at lvl 20. if your lvl 20 you should not need a mount. AND! what happens to ghost wolf and travel from? they are now usless, same goes for aspect of the cheetah. they possibly could give you those skills at lvl 10 but that would be very unecisary.

.... i wish wow was at 2.3again, that was my favorite patch, they are always messing with it, unbalancing and rebalancing. they find something that people like or will work with and then they go and mess with it again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:21 am 

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
i think thats stupid.... it was stupid when they droped it from 40 to 30 and its even more rediculous now at lvl 20. if your lvl 20 you should not need a mount. AND! what happens to ghost wolf and travel from? they are now usless, same goes for aspect of the cheetah. they possibly could give you those skills at lvl 10 but that would be very unecisary.

.... i wish wow was at 2.3again, that was my favorite patch, they are always messing with it, unbalancing and rebalancing. they find something that people like or will work with and then they go and mess with it again.

Ehm? Why not, then you might as well say that no one needs a mount, cause technically we don't, but it makes leveling a bit quicker, i dont see how that is something to not need...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:32 am 
Veteran Member

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

Zarhym wrote:
The game has gotten quite a bit longer, and allowing players to get from A to B faster only very minimally decreases difficulty; more so, it decreases time spent traveling. We don't want to discourage players from trying out the game if they have not yet, and we especially don't want to discourage existing players from trying out new characters because the leveling process from 1-80 seems too daunting after flying around Northrend grabbing purples for a while.

Whether you leveled your first character from 1-60 within a month of the game's release when the leveling curve was less forgiving, and mounts seemed like a distant dream, or you leveled a character from 1-80 in the last month with mounts a little sooner, and experience gains a little accelerated from 1-70, no one's game play experience and fun -- the reason most people would play video games in their spare time in the first place -- is at all cheapened.

takolin wrote:

Anyway it's nice. I'll need to save less gold for mounts and thus I can get dual spec faster. I just won't get epic mount of 60 and wait until soon is here.

Zarhym wrote:
We have no plans of offering in-game gold refunds on item costs to compensate for this content change, as has always been our policy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am 
Forum Legend

Sick.

That's the only word that comes to my mind when looking at the 100% mount price.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:08 pm 
Ex-Staff

I am not reading this right:
Quote:
Apprentice Riding (Skill 75)

* 60% land mount speed
* Requires level 20
* Cost: 4 gold
* Mount cost: 1 gold
* Mail will be sent to players at level 20 guiding them to the riding trainer

I think I'm gonna go buy glasses.

But seriously, I don't even mind I blew so much gold on high level mounts. I like the idea, WoW maps are huge and the earlier the better.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:17 pm 
Forum Legend

But then again. 35G is easily affordable at level 20 even. So reduce it to 5G? Seems a bit drastic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:31 pm 
Ex-Staff

Skill money I guess, I think I had some trouble getting all the skills for my level until I hit 40s and got friends who would do instance quests with me so I didn't AH all my gear.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:19 pm 
Frequent Member

takolin wrote:

haha! wow that one made me lol. I wish they would since I just bought the damn epic flying and my faction discount would be super nice, but even with nogglefloggen I won't be holding my breath.

SM-Count wrote:
But seriously, I don't even mind I blew so much gold on high level mounts. I like the idea, WoW maps are huge and the earlier the better.

^this. Plus, I found it a bit ridiculous that only certain classes get moving speed increase forms and everyone else has to slog it across the board. Having to walk a little less far than the previous guy does NOT destroy the game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:13 pm 
Banned User

bakafish wrote:
Sovereign wrote:
Omg this made my day !

Soon™

If I say Tuesday, you would believe me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:11 pm 
Loyal Member

Meh. 150% normal flying sounds good though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:32 pm 
Forum Legend

ThatBluePerson wrote:
Meh. 150% normal flying sounds good though.

I hadn't even seen that. That's bloody awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:54 pm 
Loyal Member

nah, they mess up huge when they took away the quest to get epic pally and warlock mounts. that was the ONLY reason i became a pally was for that quest. and i didn't even get my epic land till 65 and i still dont have my epic flyer at 80.

but to the person who said that it doesnt effect my gameplay if someone else does less then me. its the same idea that happend when people got upset that they nerfed raiding, if you have to do something that takes you months to do(like save up for a epic land mount or train for a hard raidboss) and you finaly get it, you feel like you accomplished something. and then when they go and make it easier for everyone else the next day, it takes all your hard work and makes it for nothing because now everyone can do it, and they can do it 10x faster then you did.

its like in sro, the presige is high lvl. when your higher lvl then someone and can kick there ass in one hit, you feel good. you feel like this is the reason youve been playing, so that you can be in that top spot.

its the same thing in wow, you strive to be in that top spot which is the best gear, the most epics. you try your hardest and work hard to get to the top lvl and find a good guild and progress through content. then they make it easier for eveyrone else? just because they where slower then you? that is why i get upset at these changes

Last edited by [TS]=Hark=[TS] on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:00 pm 

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:21 pm 
Banned User

Hope it comes soon... I don't wanna buy the Epic mount until they implant this (Saving like 600g)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:43 pm 

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
nah, they mess up huge when they took away the quest to get epic pally and warlock mounts. that was the ONLY reason i became a pally was for that quest. and i didn't even get my epic land till 65 and i still dont have my epic flyer at 80.

but to the person who said that it doesnt effect my gameplay if someone else does less then me. its the same idea that happend when people got upset that they nerfed raiding, if you have to do something that takes you months to do(like save up for a epic land mount or train for a hard raidboss) and you finaly get it, you feel like you accomplished something. and then when they go and make it easier for everyone else the next day, it takes all your hard work and makes it for nothing because now everyone can do it, and they can do it 10x faster then you did.

its like in sro, the presige is high lvl. when your higher lvl then someone and can kick there ass in one hit, you feel good. you feel like this is the reason youve been playing, so that you can be in that top spot.

its the same thing in wow, you strive to be in that top spot which is the best gear, the most epics. you try your hardest and work hard to get to the top lvl and find a good guild and progress through content. then they make it easier for eveyrone else? just because they where slower then you? that is why i get upset at these changes

QQ.
You have one character with epic land.
I have 2 characters with Epic land and Epic Flying. Thats over 10k gold for that.
Just go with the flow, and dont worry about the past and think you have you wasted your time, cause WoW will always change for better or worse.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:13 am 
Veteran Member

Moar :shock:

Zarhym wrote:
Movement Speed Training By Class

* Druid

o Travel Form: Requires level 16
o Flight Form: Requires level 60 (150% flight speed)
o Swift Flight Form: Requires level 70

* Hunter

o Aspect of the Cheetah: Requires level 16

* Shaman

o Ghost Wolf: Requires level 16

* Paladin

o Warhorse: Requires level 20
o Charger: Requires level 40

* Warlock

o Felsteed: Requires level 20
o Dreadsteed: Requires level 40

Zarhym wrote:
In the next major content patch we will be adding a few methods of improved transportation to areas of interest while leveling.

It is time for the denizens of Azeroth to witness the full might of the Horde as they do what they do best: employ goblins to construct zeppelin towers and float players across vast seas using sky boats. That's right, a new zeppelin route is being added in Thunder Bluff and will transport players to Orgrimmar. Isn't technology magnificent?

Also, brought to you by Azeroth's greatest users of magic, are all new portals coming to Stormwind and Orgrimmar. These portals will transport players directly to the Stair of Destiny at the Dark Portal. Travel is just so much more convenient when it's instantaneous! Players will then find that a new connecting flight path exists at the Stair of Destiny allowing players new to Outland easy and direct access to the city of Shattrath.

Keep your seat backs and tray tables in a full upright and locked position, and we hope you continue to enjoy your methods of travel in Azeroth and beyond!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:32 am 

Zeppelin from TB to Ogri? Might aswell make the IF-SW tram instantaneous too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:19 am 
Veteran Member

Sovereign wrote:
bakafish wrote:
Sovereign wrote:
Omg this made my day !

Soon™

Haha typical blizzard.

You do know it wasn't an actual statement from Blizzard right...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:27 am 
Forum Legend

Mounts ok.

But making loads of new portals providing direct route to The Dark Portal makes people miss out on a lot of stuff. I loved the travel there, gives a cool feeling.