Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nerdrage.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:58 pm 
Veteran Member

Okay so i just did the god damn Dreadsteed quest on my warlock because i refuse to take the easy way out. It was fun and, as i didnt get boosted in Scholomance and Dire Maul to complete it, a challenge which is something hard to find in WoW these days. The upcoming patch proves that Blizzard are trying to make this game as easy as they can, and instead of it being a fun game that is challenging at times, its a mediocre game thats pretty boring and extremely easy.

First they reduced the XP needed to level, which i admit was a good move. Then they made mounts at level 30... Okay, thats acceptable, but now at level 20 and epic at 40? WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD!

Giving the bollocks excuse that it's so people can level faster... Fuck off!
People leveled fast enough before now. Why not just start all chars with 1000g and 100% ground mount and put the game in the ground for sure? I swear they are trying to make this game SRO-like, where nothing good happens until you are capped. I dont see the point in leveling super fast, i like to enjoy the game at my own pace and look forward to things such as mounts. Level 20 and 5g for a mount? Thats just not right.

The Dreadsteed and Charger used to be status symbols at 60 cap and mostly at 70 cap too due to the dedication, work and cost involved. Now for 20g you can buy them from the trainer at level 61. What's the point in making these changes half way through the game, when some people have things and some people dont. Mounts for example - There are gunna be alot of pissed off people when 3.2 comes out because they paid full price and now people are going to get them sooner and at a lower price, including faction discounts.

ARGHHHH!

/rage

Post subject: Re: Nerdrage.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:16 pm 
Frequent Member

Lempi wrote:
I dont see the point in leveling super fast, i like to enjoy the game at my own pace and look forward to things such as mounts.
So don't buy the mount and run around without it. No one is forcing you to level faster.
Lempi wrote:
when most people already have things and some people dont.
I'm sure someone at blizzard looked at the numbers and found out most people are sitting at 80 right now. Once you've been 80 for a while you run out of stuff to do. You can grind your way up in arena and raid ulduar for a couple months, but then that's it. Read between the lines a bit on this one, it's about getting people to stick around and make more characters (and continue subbing). And about getting new recruits to stick it out by giving them cool shit in the beginning.
This will help me immensley while I'm making my twinks too :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:35 pm 
Elite Member

Ohnoes, fun stuff is easy to get so everyone can enjoy the game.

No pain no gain is good and all, but in the end I just want the gain and skip the pain. I guess that's why I don't play anymore.

<< :giveup:>>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:39 pm 
Ex-Staff

+1 OP.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:34 pm 
Forum Legend

The mount change is actually not that bad, your dreadsteed still has it's coolness.

As locks are the only ones that can get them. period.

There's no problem with the new changes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:36 pm 
Veteran Member

Priam wrote:
The mount change is actually not that bad, your dreadsteed still has it's coolness.

The thing im mad about with Dreadsteeds and Paladin's Charger, is that blizzard made it so you can buy them from trainer for 20g (16 at exalted) instead of having to do the quest like everybody else before them.

I decided not to buy it because i believe it should never of been made like that. The warlock and paladin mounts are exclusive to their class and as such, should be something you need to work for.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:38 pm 
Forum Legend

Lempi wrote:
Priam wrote:

The thing im mad about with Dreadsteeds and Paladin's Charger, is that blizzard made it so you can buy them from trainer for 20g (16 at exalted) instead of having to do the quest like everybody else before them.

I decided not to buy it because i believe it should never of been made like that. The warlock and paladin mounts are exclusive to their class and as such, should be something you need to work for.

Agreed, the quests are amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:21 am 
Veteran Member

Wait, why don't you do more end game contents? I think those are quite challenging.

As to the Charger and Dreadsteed quests, I think they will make it so that if you just by the mount off vendor, you won't get the Feats of Strength achievement. That way, it's only fair.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:40 am 

Hopefully, they have more things on 3.2 that would counter this Nerdrage.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:38 am 
Veteran Member

This is for you, Lempi. Loosen up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:32 am 
Advanced Member

Newsflash: Old content is old, who gives a shit

The game of wow is 99% played at 80, the rest is just there for memories and to get you to 80.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:29 am 
Forum Legend

cuchulainn wrote:

The game of wow is 99% played at 80, the rest is just there for memories and to get you to 80.

I'm more into the leveling then then endgame, I always have, and need to have, an alt to level on. It's addicting. But still iI do agree witht he speed buffs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:50 pm 
Ex-Staff

Running through barrens to quest hubs is fun and challenging, yeah... (or Desolace) So hard to auto run and grab a sandwich and come back only to find yourself 1/4 of the way across the map. Dreadsteed/charger were never status symbols, no one every went, zomfggg!!!! Dreeadsteeddddd **** you I hate you so much so jealous so want one!

On a similar note: **** YOU BARON! Yeah, level 61 stratholm baron, that one, still won't drop the Farking mount for me! Yes, after 4 Farking years that's the one mount I want and don't have, but I will keep soloing weekly until I get one 'cause I will be that badass NE riding a skeletal horse leaving sexy colorful flames in my wake.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:40 pm 
Frequent Member

cuchulainn wrote:
i lol'd A lot of people who played since vanilla wow remind me of grandparents. "When I was your age we had no cars, we had to walk 40 miles in the snow, up hill, through the barrens and all the way to the end game with no shoes. Now get off my lawn."