Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: ZOMG 3.2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:32 am 
Veteran Member

Link to 3.2 PTR patch notes

Huge overhaul... some stuff I'm (not) looking forward to:

• New 5 man dungeon and raid, also the new BG.
  • The revamp on Mount system.
  • Argent Dragonhawk mount for Horde.
  • New Badge, Emblem of Triumph.
  • Any dungeons that previously dropped Emblems of Heroism or Valor, such as Naxxramas or Heroic Halls of Stone, will now drop Emblems of Conquest instead. Emblems of Conquest can still be converted to Valor or Heroism.

• Resilience: No longer reduces the amount of damage done by damage over time spells, but instead reduces the amount of all damage done by players by the same proportion. The other effects of resilience (reducing critical chance, critical damage and mana drain effects) have not changed.
  • The newest season of Arena gear can only be purchased if you meet the requirements with your 3 or 5 player team rating. Rating requirements from 2 player teams can still be used to purchase the previous season of gear.
  • All pets now receive 40% of their master's resilience and 100% of their master's spell penetration. In addition, if a player is at their appropriate spell hit chance or hit chance maximum, their pet will be at the maximum for spell hit chance, hit chance, and expertise. If they are below the maximum, their pet will be proportionately below those maximums.

• When standing at a capture point that you control, you will gain a buff called Honorable Defender. This buff grants +50% honor gained from kills. This currently affects Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm and Isle of Conquest.
  • Less requirement to win a BG, hence shorter grind and less HK farming for asshats.

• Mana Regeneration: All items that provide "X mana per five seconds" have had the amount of mana they regenerate increased by approximately 25%.
  • Block Value: The amount of bonus block value on all items has been doubled. This does not affect the base block value on shields or block value derived from strength.
  • On-Use Block Value Items: All items and set bonuses that trigger temporary increases to block value have been modified. Instead of increasing their block value amount by 100% like other items, they have all had their effect durations doubled. This applies to Glyph of Deflection, Gnomeregan Autoblocker, Coren's Lucky Coin, Lavanthor's Talisman, Libram of Obstruction, Tome of the Lightbringer, Libram of the Sacred Shield, the tier 8 paladin Shield of Righteousness bonus, the tier 5 paladin Holy Shield bonus, and the tier 5 warrior Shield Block bonus.

• All the DK nerfs!

Last edited by bakafish on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: ZOMG 3.2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:00 am 
Loyal Member

Huh... not sure how I feel about this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:09 am 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Twinks will only fight each other now.

And woot at Exorcism \o/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:14 am 
Veteran Member

Exorcism cast is alright, but aligns with Art of War? GG.

• Desecration: This talent has been reduced to 2 points for 25/50% snare and no longer increases damage done by the death knight. It has also been moved one tier earlier in the tree and its spell effect has been made more transparent.
  • Lichborne: Duration reduced to 10 seconds, and cooldown reduced to 2 minutes.
  • Icebound Fortitude: Cooldown increased to 2 minutes.
  • Frost Strike: This ability can now be dodged, parried, or blocked. Weapon damage bonus reduced to 55%, down from 60%.
  • Summon Gargoyle: The gargoyle now flies lower to the ground, making it susceptible to melee attacks. This ability now has a fixed duration of 30 seconds and a fixed cost of 60 runic power.

• Seal of Blood: This ability has been removed.
  • Seal of the Martyr: This ability has been removed.

:D :D :D

Last edited by bakafish on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:20 am 
Advanced Member

Emblems of Conquest form heroics?

Really?

I thought we had this Farking multi-tiered system to PREVENT what happened in 2.4

Good Farking job, Blizzard.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:29 am 
Veteran Member

Makes it easier to gear up for T9 raids I guess, if not you start from scratch it's gonna be annoying having to do Heroics -> Naxx -> EoE -> Ulduar then finally you get to get into the Coliseum after 2 months. Seems like they pushing for people to roll alts now lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:35 am 
Advanced Member

Yeah, but they weren't happy with people running heroics and Kara and getting BT level gear, yet they're essentially doing the same thing here.

It's bullcrap!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:44 am 
Veteran Member

*Shrugs* I like it though lol.

• Art of War procs off only white swing crits now but gives instant Flash of Light and Exorcism if I'm reading that correctly.
  • Vindication only reduces AP now and doesn't stack with Demoralizing Shout.
  • Crusader Strike damage lowered but cooldown also lowered to scale.

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:12 am 
Veteran Member

The dk tanking nerfs are getting quite funny lately ;o nerf because other tanks want to be picked for tanking .. christ xD

And so technically.. with the emblem change, you'll be able to get both t8.5 pieces from emblems on the first week you hit 80? D:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:25 am 
Veteran Member

iGod wrote:
The dk tanking nerfs are getting quite funny lately ;o nerf because other tanks want to be picked for tanking .. christ xD

And so technically.. with the emblem change, you'll be able to get both t8.5 pieces from emblems on the first week you hit 80? D:

Well we know Blizzard only fucks up PvP (with means such as rendering 2s bracket useless) but never PvE.... OH WAIT! lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:51 am 
Forum Legend

wow, a new raid already, jesus. the coliseum sounds like a single-boss raid to me.

LOLOLOL at DK frost/UH nerfs, blood is relatively untouched ^_^

wooooahhh, prot/holy paly buffs wtf

Quote:
Sacred Shield: When a paladin casts Flash of Light on a target with this buff, they also now place a heal over time effect on the target, healing that target for 100% of the Flash of Light amount over 12 seconds.

Quote:
Seal of Vengeance and Seal of Corruption: These seals have been redesigned to deal substantially more damage. Now, once a paladin has 5 copies of the debuff from these seals on his or her target, on each swing the paladin will deal 33% weapon damage as Holy, with critical strikes dealing double damage.

not that prot palys really needed more threat generation

but i guess they buffed that cuz of this
Quote:
Shield of Righteousness: Now deals 100% of shield block value as damage instead of 130%.

but a huge HOLY SHIT THAT'S CRAZY
Quote:
Ardent Defender: Redesigned. Currently, any damage taken by the paladin while at 35% health or below is reduced. Instead, any attack that would reduce the paladin to 35% health or below has its damage reduced. In addition, once every 2 minutes an attack that would have killed the paladin will fail to kill, and instead set the paladin's health to 10/20/30% of maximum.
holy shit holy shit holy shit, buff up the ass. i guess this is our "additional CD" they were talking about? lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:45 am 
Loyal Member

i want to cry.... my dps is going to go from 1900 down to 500 i just know it. this is rediculous, no more seal of blood? do you even realize how shitty SoC is? most ret pallies dont even spec into it because its not worth the talent point.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:50 am 

TOloseGT wrote:
wow, a new raid already, jesus. the coliseum sounds like a single-boss raid to me.

If I read things correctly.

4 new raids consisting of 5 bosses (each will come on-line on a weekly basis). 4 as in 10 normal, 10 heroic, 25 normal and 25 heroic.

And you get better loot if you wipe less apparently while doing heroic mode.

The fun thing is that you can run each dungeon 4 times/week due to all having different lock-out peroids. If I understand that correctly. I'm not overly well known with the raiding system.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:58 am 
Elite Member

Note the "Test patch" The numbers and information is hardly final.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:03 am 
Veteran Member

I seriously can't get enough of the QQs about 2s bracket and emblem changes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:33 am 
Advanced Member

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
i want to cry.... my dps is going to go from 1900 down to 500 i just know it. this is rediculous, no more seal of blood? do you even realize how shitty SoC is? most ret pallies dont even spec into it because its not worth the talent point.

Did you read the changes to Seal of Corruption? (Vengeance for us Allies)
It more then makes up for it. Base power raised, stacking DoT, more damage per stack of the DoT with Judgement, and a change to do 33% of your white damage as Holy (see: unresistable) damage when it's at a full five stacks (takes fives hit only to achieve) I'd be expecting to see your PvE DPS go UP. Just lose some of your PvP burst.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:44 am 

I still don't get the whole fuss about emblems.

People will still need to do naxx/ulduar before they can go to the new raid. Bliz just changed it that you need to less runs, which is good for new players.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:51 am 
Advanced Member

takolin wrote:
I still don't get the whole fuss about emblems.

People will still need to do naxx/ulduar before they can go to the new raid. Bliz just changed it that you need to less runs, which is good for new players.

You're getting T8.5 equiv gear, form running stuff less then T7, and you're not even doing anything hard accomplish it.

Here's your guide to two piece T8/4 piece 7.5 upon 3.2 coming.
Plug in keyboard.
Apply face to keyboard.
Move face in a rolling motion across the keyboard.
Loot bosses.
Buy gear.
Laugh at the people who put the effort in to gear.

All this is going to do is make it harder to distinguish good players from bad players, which means PuGs are going to go to Farking hell. All I can say is I'm THANKFUL you'll still need to raid to upgrade your weapons.

"What do you mean I can't do AC?! I've got T8!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:53 am 
Loyal Member

Necrobat wrote:
[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

Did you read the changes to Seal of Corruption? (Vengeance for us Allies)
It more then makes up for it. Base power raised, stacking DoT, more damage per stack of the DoT with Judgement, and a change to do 33% of your white damage as Holy (see: unresistable) damage when it's at a full five stacks (takes fives hit only to achieve) I'd be expecting to see your PvE DPS go UP. Just lose some of your PvP burst.

corruption has always been for holy in pvp or prot for keeping aggro(because SoR is completly useless). but i read the patch notes, and it seems that really, they didnt eliminate SoB, they just renamed it to seal of command and removed the self damaging part. so basicly they removed seal of command, which no one usess anyways because SoB was 10x better.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:58 am 

Necrobat wrote:
You're getting T8.5 equiv gear, form running stuff less then T7, and you're not even doing anything hard accomplish it.

Here's your guide to two piece T8/4 piece 7.5 upon 3.2 coming.
Plug in keyboard.
Apply face to keyboard.
Move face in a rolling motion across the keyboard.
Loot bosses.
Buy gear.
Laugh at the people who put the effort in to gear.

All this is going to do is make it harder to distinguish good players from bad players, which means PuGs are going to go to Farking hell. All I can say is I'm THANKFUL you'll still need to raid to upgrade your weapons.

"What do you mean I can't do AC?! I've got T8!"

ok you get those pieces, but will it be enough?

Apparently, from what I've read, you can get 6 decent pieces with badges.

2* T8
2* T7
And 2 items while buying runed orbs and getting things crafted.

That's 6 items out of 14 (or how many gear slots does one have). I really doubt those 6 pieces will cut it for the new dungeons. People will still need to run older dungeons. Bliz just wants to make sure that new people aren't forced to stay in naxx/ulduar for eternity.

They made things easier, they didn't made the old raids obsolete though.

Besides, I'm still planning to run naxx/ulduar whenever I get to the cap. It would be a pity to just ignore them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:14 am 
Veteran Member

T8 will not be as potent when 3.2 comes out, no point crying about it because it's not gonna be BiS when 3.2 comes out. If this change was applied now, then we have a problem, but not when it's 3.2 and T8 gears are outdated.

Moreover, you can only get that much gear from badges, majority of the good stuff you still have to get it by running through the actual instance and this change will make the previous tier raids more active don't you think so, since people will still run Naxx 10 to get fast badges and with that won't they learn how to raid by then? Pointed that out since I see a lot people arguing that people can just go from heroics -> Ulduar hard mode so they will suck and wipe raids.

And since when was having 2 pieces of T8.5 was gamebreaking? The BiS items from Ulduar is still coming out of the hard modes. This change merely makes it easier new raiders to go into the latest raiding scene.

Concerning gears correlates with skill, since when that actually applies? Especially with Wrath? Lolfacerollers are plated with T7.5 flexing their small epeen but can't even clear 3 bosses in Ulduar. Solution? The achievement system, you just have love it back.

The emblem change will make it easier for people to actually do latest raids instead of having to plunge into Naxxramas or Ulduar for a few months before getting a shot at the coliseum raid a few months after if they didn't ding 80 during 3.0.

Don't forget, whenever a new patch comes out, lolguilddrama will come to your door step. When you lose 5/25 of your raid team you will have to recruit. Guess what, chances are not being the top guild in the realm you'll have to take in fresh 80s and gear them up during trial. Guess who made your job easier?

And Necro, the difficulty of heroics hasn't really been dumbed much and back in 3.0 gears from heroics can actually get you into the latest raid, which was Naxx. It's just that now our main focus will be Coliseum and not Naxx.

I really don't see why people are offended when newbies are getting equivalent gears to them after 1 major patch, usually ~5 months after the release of previous major patch.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:38 pm 
Ex-Staff

Rogues with axes, what the hell? Are you Farking stupid or are you Farking stupid Blizz? Well I guess your arena 'upgrade' answers that. God, I guess they ran out of ways to nerf rogues and it's not like they can buff rogues so they just started adding filler. Oh, I was wrong, they nerfed a talent no one uses, gg. Also, everyone knows 5s are a joke, **** this. I'm sure there will be lots of crap on official forums.

Oh, and resil change, I guess it's time melee got nerfed. owait, just rogues trying to kill anything above cloth armor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:50 pm 
Veteran Member

I know AJ probably went berserk about the 2s change lol. Blizzard ran out of ways to balance 2s so they decide to just take it out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:53 pm 
Ex-Staff

Cause 5s are balanced /sigh This is how you lose customers and good players.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:54 pm 
Banned User

WHAT THE F***!!!
Quote:
Seal of Blood: This ability has been removed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:56 pm 
Veteran Member

SM-Count wrote:
Cause 5s are balanced /sigh This is how you lose customers and good players.

I have to admit I hate 5s being a zerg the clothie bracket... By the way SMC are you in the guild called QC by any chance? Since you play on Tich.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:36 pm 
Ex-Staff

No, qc is too egotastic for me. I actually haven't played tich for a while. I raid on a different server but the BG was absolute shit so a friend and I rerolled tich (this was still in the 70 cap) to play with pros (back when tich was filled with pros) and rank up there. Since WotLK I've been PvEing a lot more and only PvPing on weekdays when half my guild is doing something meaningful with their lives.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:13 pm 
Chronicle Writer

Im not even in full T8 yet T_T

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:40 pm 
Frequent Member

SM-Count wrote:
Rogues with axes, what the hell? Are you Farking stupid or are you Farking stupid Blizz? Well I guess your arena 'upgrade' answers that. God, I guess they ran out of ways to nerf rogues and it's not like they can buff rogues so they just started adding filler. Oh, I was wrong, they nerfed a talent no one uses, gg. Also, everyone knows 5s are a joke, **** this. I'm sure there will be lots of crap on official forums.

Oh, and resil change, I guess it's time melee got nerfed. owait, just rogues trying to kill anything above cloth armor.

Can't read the patchnotes from here...what are they doing to rogues??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:09 pm 
Ex-Staff

lavapockets wrote:
SM-Count wrote:

Can't read the patchnotes from here...what are they doing to rogues??

Quote:
Rogues
* After much quiet contemplation, rogues now possess the ability to learn how to use one-handed axes.
* Talents
o Combat
+ Sword Specialization: This talent is now called Hack and Slash and applies to axes as well as swords.
o Subtlety
+ Shadow Dance: Cooldown reduced to 1 minute. Now lasts 6 seconds, down from 10 seconds.