Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: ZOMG 3.2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:44 pm 
Frequent Member

So I'm confused....did you think melee deserved a nerf and we're not getting it? Or did you think melee deserved a buff? The axes and shadow dance won't affect arena at all...
bakafish wrote:
[*]Summon Gargoyle: The gargoyle now flies lower to the ground, making it susceptible to melee attacks. This ability now has a fixed duration of 30 seconds and a fixed cost of 60 runic power.[/list]
I just went back and read this. Thank f-ing god. Doing 2's brackets with my brother, both pallies go down leaving me with a DK. I'm at full health, he's at 1/4. Asshat spawns a gargoyle I can't touch, cc, nothing. Evasion tanking him and cloaking his diseases and I still die to the GD GARGOYLE BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF ME and his other pet which he kills off heals him back to full. Dks needed to get nerfed and I hope the bat hits them hard as hell.

BTW, I still don't get the bitching about 5's. We have a lot of fun doing them, it's my guild's favorite bracket. I think if they gave us some different arena layouts it'd be nice, though. Those have been the same arena layouts for how many years now? *yawn*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:45 am 
Forum Legend

**** yeah that gargoyle change was well needed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:27 pm 

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but I saw someone saying that twinks are farked.

They aren't, the option to get EXP from BG's is optional and can be checked/unchecked.

download more ram.

Where? Did not find any on google. :soosad:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:30 pm 
Elite Member

Yes, but the point of a twink is to stay the highest level in it's level bracket, and rape all lower levels. If he's gaining XP, and leveling, he is thus defeating the point of a twink.

Thus, most twinks will uncheck it, to prevent gaining XP. Thus ultimately making it twink vs twink and regular people vs regular people.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:18 pm 
Veteran Member

I announced to my guild that my DK will be indefinatly retired on the day of the patch. That's one change too many in my opinion. I'll be leveling my warlock who is currently 69.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:26 pm 

.curve wrote:
Yes, but the point of a twink is to stay the highest level in it's level bracket, and rape all lower levels. If he's gaining XP, and leveling, he is thus defeating the point of a twink.

Thus, most twinks will uncheck it, to prevent gaining XP. Thus ultimately making it twink vs twink and regular people vs regular people.

Well if you're looking at it from that point of view, then you're wrong.
Since the people who don't "twink" are the ones that level outside of bgs?

Your statement means that there won't be any regular ppl (levelers) left.

But there will be even more now that they can level in bg's too?
They come and go.. Bg's won't be empty, there will be 20-29 people all over the 20-29 bracket just like usually?

download more ram.

Where? Did not find any on google. :soosad:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:38 pm 
Loyal Member

ah but twinking is still farked with no more enchants. most of them require you to be lvl 50+ now, like crusader, +health to chest, all those twink enchants are no longer usable, thus takign the twink part away from twinking.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:21 pm 
Veteran Member

I might probably look like an asshat for saying this, but I for one will be happy seeing DKs hopping back to their main (most likely a Warlock) and actually try to do something with their character other than mashing their face on the keyboard. Instead of crying for buffs or rerolling FotM, they really should just suck it up and L2P because I'm so sick of bumping into a bad DK that can't even do something as simple as wait for me to change my specs before pulling, or stop pulling when the healer says OOM.

Spoiler!

And no twinks aren't screwed, believe it or not (I actually don't) twinks like to fight each other, not killing someone with 2 skills. My guess is that actual twinks prefer challenge I guess?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:13 pm 
Advanced Member

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
ah but twinking is still farked with no more enchants. most of them require you to be lvl 50+ now, like crusader, +health to chest, all those twink enchants are no longer usable, thus takign the twink part away from twinking.

Uh, I can assure you Crusader works at Lv1. I put it on a BoA item for my warrior. =P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:38 am 
Veteran Member

Necrobat wrote:
[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

Uh, I can assure you Crusader works at Lv1. I put it on a BoA item for my warrior. =P

He probably meant Mongoose.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:20 am 
Loyal Member

Necrobat wrote:
[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

LIES!! i know for a fact you cant enchant on heirlom items.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:41 am 
Frequent Member

Lempi wrote:
I announced to my guild that my DK will be indefinatly retired on the day of the patch. That's one change too many in my opinion. I'll be leveling my warlock who is currently 69.

this is what i like to see honestly.
i hope you aren't the only one.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:42 am 
Forum Legend

iSinnnn wrote:
Lempi wrote:

this is what i like to see honestly.
i hope you aren't the only one.

Though on the other hand, it's pretty sad. As it just shows this guy, and others, we're just playing the DK to be the overpowered flavor of the month. When something changes, that might make things harder, they immediatly re-roll.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:03 am 
Advanced Member

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
Necrobat wrote:
[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

LIES!! i know for a fact you cant enchant on heirlom items.

You can do any enchant you can do on a Lv1 item on an heirloom item, because heirlooms count as Lv1.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:03 am 
Veteran Member

And I think after 3.1 you can do any enchants on heirlooms, but they only function if they character wearing them meets the level requirement for the enchant.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:01 pm 
Veteran Member

Priam wrote:
Though on the other hand, it's pretty sad. As it just shows this guy, and others, we're just playing the DK to be the overpowered flavor of the month. When something changes, that might make things harder, they immediatly re-roll.

Im not stopping my DK because i wont be 'OP' anymore. I never thought death knights were over powered to be honest. Im stopping it because i hate the fact blizzard are changing so much every patch and they cant make up their damn minds with what they want in their game. They are just trying to keep the whining kids happy who cant kill a DK who knows how to play.

I dont see why people think DK's are OP anyway. It's not them on the top of the damage meters or the killing blows in BGS', its rogues and warlocks. Just because they have high armour and skills to self heal and keep themselves alive people think they are OP, lol... Thats the whole point of a death knight - Thats the story.

EDIT: In other news, you can use pre-tbc enchants on heirloom items, such as Crusader, +30 spell power and +15 agility. You can also use enchants that require level XX, but they wont be active until the char that is wearing them reaches that level - Like the level 70 pvp shoulder enchants, for example.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:05 pm 
Veteran Member

DKs not OP? Wow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:19 pm 
Addicted Member

Dks are not THAT overpowered, I've been playing one, and I can still get beat by many other builds who KNOW how to play their chars. Once a DK is 80, there pretty much balanced with every other char. You wanna talk overpowered, look at paladins.

Dk's are still new, kids are complaining left and right about them. (Maybe because the 60 cap they ARE overpowered because of there epic gear) I can tell you right now, at 80 there just like any other build.

----------------------------------------------
xFire: blurred1
Steam: l33chie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:07 pm 
Frequent Member

i just died a little inside..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:13 pm 
Forum God

Lempi wrote:
Priam wrote:

Im not stopping my DK because i wont be 'OP' anymore. I never thought death knights were over powered to be honest. Im stopping it because i hate the fact blizzard are changing so much every patch and they cant make up their damn minds with what they want in their game. They are just trying to keep the whining kids happy who cant kill a DK who knows how to play.

I dont see why people think DK's are OP anyway. It's not them on the top of the damage meters or the killing blows in BGS', its rogues and warlocks. Just because they have high armour and skills to self heal and keep themselves alive people think they are OP, lol... Thats the whole point of a death knight - Thats the story.

EDIT: In other news, you can use pre-tbc enchants on heirloom items, such as Crusader, +30 spell power and +15 agility. You can also use enchants that require level XX, but they wont be active until the char that is wearing them reaches that level - Like the level 70 pvp shoulder enchants, for example.

warlocks where have you been since wotlk came out warlocks cnt get any worse at pvp, TBC times we where imbah

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:14 pm 
Banned User

Blurred wrote:
Dks are not THAT overpowered, I've been playing one, and I can still get beat by many other builds who KNOW how to play their chars. Once a DK is 80, there pretty much balanced with every other char. You wanna talk overpowered, look at paladins.

Dk's are still new, kids are complaining left and right about them. (Maybe because the 60 cap they ARE overpowered because of there epic gear) I can tell you right now, at 80 there just like any other build.

LOL DEATH GRIP IS FUN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:27 pm 
Ex-Staff

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
Lempi wrote:
Priam wrote:

warlocks where have you been since wotlk came out warlocks cnt get any worse at pvp, TBC times we where imbah

Locks were fine as long as 60%+ of your server consists of rogues, and they all were.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:01 pm 
Forum Legend

warlocks not OP? destro neone?

priests neone?

rogues neone?

druids neone?

neways, DKs just a tiny bit OP, but they still get rocked.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:12 pm 
Addicted Member

Vinyl wrote:
Blurred wrote:

LOL DEATH GRIP IS FUN

LOLOLOL OMGGG YESSS, now sir what does that have to do with anything?

TOloseGT wrote:
warlocks not OP? destro neone?

priests neone?

rogues neone?

druids neone?

neways, DKs just a tiny bit OP, but they still get rocked.

Yeah they do, A dk's weakness is stun, so a decent rouge can beat a dk in a pvp easily, a priest can destroy a dk, and even a destro warlock can own a dk, if of course they use their fears at the right times. Paladins just rape dks (but of course their not overpowered right...) I'm still pretty new to this game, but I'm certainly not stupid. People misinterpret the term hero, Blizzard already said that a hero build is not a build with an advantage over players, its' a player with a unique playing style. Dk's maybe a bit overpowered at 60-70 but at 80 their just like every other build.

----------------------------------------------
xFire: blurred1
Steam: l33chie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:19 pm 
Veteran Member

Blurred wrote:
Yeah they do, A dk's weakness is stun, so a decent rouge can beat a dk in a pvp easily, a priest can destroy a dk, and even a destro warlock can own a dk, if of course they use their fears at the right times. Paladins just rape dks (but of course their not overpowered right...) I'm still pretty new to this game, but I'm certainly not stupid. People misinterpret the term hero, Blizzard already said that a hero build is not a build with an advantage over players, its' a player with a unique playing style. Dk's maybe a bit overpowered at 60-70 but at 80 their just like every other build.

I totally agree. The starter gear is OP, thats why many people make a 59 twink DK so they can feel strong, especially as you can get wotlk enchants and some epics then, and i believe it's those type of DK's that people complain about. At 80 they are very balanced and make good tanks and dps'ers, but not the best, by far. A paladin will easily out-agro a DK and a rogue or shadow priest will easily out-damage a death knight, provided that they have around the same level of gear and many other classes are easily on par with the damage output of a death knight.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:12 am 
Chronicle Writer

<--Enh Shaman...try pvping with one of them...now all of you shut your QQ up

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:08 am 
Veteran Member

Blurred, DKs have the best peels in the game called Death Grip. Heard of Arenas? That skill is a killer in there. Or DoTs? Use that on the Rogue so he can't reset the fight 2000 times. DKs wears fucking plate and they have skills to negate magical damage/effect now if that's not OP, seriously...

As for locks, actually try out Destro before saying locks aren't OP. But none of these matters because..

XemnasXD wrote:
<--Enh Shaman...try pvping with one of them...now all of you shut your QQ up

This man speaks the truth.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:27 am 
Ex-Staff

Shammys in 5s = win; especially with an impending arena change to force players to play 5s.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:42 am 
Veteran Member

SM-Count wrote:
Shammys in 5s = win; especially with an impending arena change to force players to play 5s.

He's still gonna be forced to heal in 5s though, which he hates doing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:23 am 
Forum Legend

well, the fact is that ele shamans rape face when they're given the chance

and you can easily kite a dk, no sweat. DG with talents is still a 25s CD, and i'm usually saving it for peels. hunters and mages run circles around me unless i coi them or my paly freedoms me.

coi is really OP atm though, but they're nerfing that next patch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next