Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fire Festival
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:23 pm 
Frequent Member

This is my first mid-summer event and I officially love it. First of all, the tabard I got off of Ahune is super cute. But my favorite has been running around to extinguish all the fires and into ally cities and the excellent impromptu pvp along the way. Nothing better than fighting out in the open, especially when you or they least expect it. Hopefully I get the pet off Ahune, it looks awesome. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Fire Festival
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:32 pm 
Advanced Member

Trying to decide on whether to grind out thingos to get the pet. Got my title already.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:43 pm 

Knowing I can finish all the achievements anyway, I wanted to gather enough blossoms for a non combat pet but apparently they don't sell at the event vendor though wowhead said it did last year.

Bug or feature?

It's a fun event though. I needed to learn the flame catching but not rushing seems to be the trick.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:34 pm 
Frequent Member

takolin wrote:
Knowing I can finish all the achievements anyway, I wanted to gather enough blossoms for a non combat pet but apparently they don't sell at the event vendor though wowhead said it did last year.Bug or feature?
No you have to kill Ahune to get him to drop the pet, which he does randomly. Good news is, you can 2 man him even on heroic. Did it with my hubby last night. You can only kill him once a day on regular and then on heroic. Also, you can't DE anything he drops, so don't pass for enchanters expecting to roll on shards.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:07 pm 
Elite Member

Events are bad for me. I spend too much time doing them, instead of leveling or doing quests. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:17 pm 
Frequent Member

MrJoey wrote:
Events are bad for me. I spend too much time doing them, instead of leveling or doing quests. :(
My husband said on his mage he's getting something like 20k xp per quest turn in on the fire events. I'd say that's better than questing/leveling.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:41 pm 

lavapockets wrote:
takolin wrote:
Knowing I can finish all the achievements anyway, I wanted to gather enough blossoms for a non combat pet but apparently they don't sell at the event vendor though wowhead said it did last year.Bug or feature?
No you have to kill Ahune to get him to drop the pet, which he does randomly. Good news is, you can 2 man him even on heroic. Did it with my hubby last night. You can only kill him once a day on regular and then on heroic. Also, you can't DE anything he drops, so don't pass for enchanters expecting to roll on shards.

Not much chance of 2 manning it at lvl 57.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:07 pm 
Frequent Member

takolin wrote:
Not much chance of 2 manning it at lvl 57.
nope ur boned dude :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:33 pm 
Banned User

Oh wait, did this post always look like this!?

:wink:

Last edited by I_R_Powerpuff on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:11 pm 
Forum Legend

this festival rocks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:57 pm 
Banned User

10% xp ftw.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:35 am 
Advanced Member

lavapockets wrote:
takolin wrote:

No. There's a pet you get from blossoms (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23083) and a pet that drops from ahune (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34955)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:02 am 
Veteran Member

Reminds me of the Elder festival... boy that wasn't fun. Think I'm still gonna hit it for the pet and tabard though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:27 am 
Elite Member

What you got against elder festival, I liked that one. This one not so much. Fuckers flagging me for pvp after desecrating alliance fires. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:29 am 
Advanced Member

MrJoey wrote:
What you got against elder festival, I liked that one. This one not so much. Fuckers flagging me for pvp after desecrating alliance fires. :(

Just cause you're on a carebear server doesn't mean you should complain...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:32 am 
Elite Member

Heard enough about people being corpse camped on pvp servers by people 40 levels above. Just because I don't want to deal with the frustration of that kind of thing, doesn't mean it's carebear.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:37 am 
Advanced Member

MrJoey wrote:
Heard enough about people being corpse camped on pvp servers by people 40 levels above. Just because I don't want to deal with the frustration of that kind of thing, doesn't mean it's carebear.

That shit really doesn't happen much at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:48 am 
Veteran Member

MrJoey wrote:

I just had a really bad experience looking for the Elders in Blackrock Mountain.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:52 am 
Elite Member

bakafish wrote:
MrJoey wrote:

I just had a really bad experience looking for the Elders in Blackrock Mountain.

I know what you mean lol. Only my experience was looking for the one in Azshara. Whole map is one big pain.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:59 am 
Veteran Member

MrJoey wrote:
bakafish wrote:
MrJoey wrote:

I know what you mean lol. Only my experience was looking for the one in Azshara. Whole map is one big pain.

Azshara is renowned for being so far away from everything, and they placed the guy at the far edge of the map where you have to cross some small bridges and not fall/die/repeat all over. Did you fall?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:03 am 
Elite Member

bakafish wrote:
Azshara is renowned for being so far from everything, and they placed the guy at the far edge of the map where you have to cross some small bridges and not fall/die/repeat all over.

I especially hated it cause I was low 40's. I only made it because of cat form + prowl (stealth) + A LOT of time, I think it took me close to 2 hours to figure out the paths and get past all the mobs in the area.

Also
cuchulainn wrote:
MrJoey wrote:

That shit really doesn't happen much at all.

I also just don't want to have to deal with having to watch my back while doing a quest or just standing around for a few moments while talking to friends in guild/other channels.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:05 am 
Veteran Member

I love running around with my PvP gears because my PvE one suck. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:00 am 
Forum Legend

meh, pvp and pve servers aren't really that different. world pvp is pretty gay neway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:18 am 

25% if the alliance people I encounter don't attack me. They share the idea that killing mobs is a better investment while you're exping.

Then you have quite a few people who attack you: mostly night elfs and DK's who tend to outlevel me in 90% of all cases. I don't get the fun in killing someone 20-40 lvls below you.

I've only been corpse camped once. Yesterday while running to the outland portal for the first time. BTW is the nice pally someone from srf? He was in suddendeath (or is it suddendead).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:01 pm 
Frequent Member

cuchulainn wrote:
No. There's a pet you get from blossoms (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23083) and a pet that drops from ahune (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34955)
I saw that last night you could get a pet from the vendor guy. My hubby told me I couldn't buy one (I think he's trying to keep me from getting more pets personally). Are they the same? Or can I get two different pets from this event??? That would rock.

I only corpse camp high levels killing low levels hordes in low level zones. Or anyone above my level who dares harass me on my druid alt. Or any idiot who thinks he can just stand near my summon stone when I'm busy... :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:06 pm 
Forum God

got a full lvl off of the event twice so 80 was a breeze for me thankfully

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:50 am 
Elite Member

Level 61, did Ahune, and first try pet drops, I won the roll. :D (Some of the guys had been running it multiple times a day trying to get the pet, so much jealousy).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:12 am 
Advanced Member

MrJoey wrote:
Level 61, did Ahune, and first try pet drops, I won the roll. :D (Some of the guys had been running it multiple times a day trying to get the pet, so much jealousy).

You sir, suck donkey nuts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:47 am 
Elite Member

More jealousy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:40 am 
Banned User

I bought the Midsummer Spirit -pet, but I realised that Ahunes pet is sooooo much hotter!