Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: anyone wan help a noob :D
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:22 pm 
Common Member

I just downloaded wow a few days ago, thought i give it a try since i never played it b4.

im looking around for private servers, if theres a guild here on srf thats still recruiting, please let me know which server you're on. im gona need someone to teach me EVERYTHING about the game :D

Post subject: Re: anyone wan help a noob :D
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:38 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

You won't find anything about private servers or people playing on private servers in the Other games > WoW section.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:58 pm 

Sorry but I kind of lol'd how you assumed people here play on private servers lol :D

And even a guild. haha.

download more ram.

Where? Did not find any on google. :soosad:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:46 am 
Forum Legend

Nobody is gonna help you with private servers here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:06 am 
Elite Member

I have actually started playing again... on a private server.
I really hate private servers for a lot of reasons, but there's one thing that I hate more: WOTLK.
WOTLK is a fail in every way except PvE (and PvE enthusiasts will disagree on that). PvP is absolutely crap, ever since WOTLK there's been nothing but faceroll specs and setups dominating the arena. Even if it weren't for noob setups being good, I just hate what they did to the game. The new arenas suck ass, everybody agrees on it but nothing is being changed. Games are too bursty, and if they aren't too fast they're way too long with no possibility of ending it before the maximum time (and why the **** introduce a maximum time? I once played a match vs Druid/Hunter as Druid/Lock which lasted for 2 hours and it was the most awesome match I ever played)

So now I'm playing on a 2.4.3 private arena tournament server. There's no bugs, there's only arena, there's no need to farm gold or all that other shit I could never be bothered to do, just arena. It's awesome.

<< :giveup:>>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:57 pm 
Veteran Member

woutR wrote:
I really hate private servers for a lot of reasons, but there's one thing that I hate more: WOTLK.
WOTLK is a fail in every way except PvE (and PvE enthusiasts will disagree on that). PvP is absolutely crap, ever since WOTLK there's been nothing but faceroll specs and setups dominating the arena. Even if it weren't for noob setups being good, I just hate what they did to the game. The new arenas suck ass, everybody agrees on it but nothing is being changed. Games are too bursty, and if they aren't too fast they're way too long with no possibility of ending it before the maximum time (and why the **** introduce a maximum time? I once played a match vs Druid/Hunter as Druid/Lock which lasted for 2 hours and it was the most awesome match I ever played)

So now I'm playing on a 2.4.3 private arena tournament server. There's no bugs, there's only arena, there's no need to farm gold or all that other shit I could never be bothered to do, just arena. It's awesome.

GTFO MY /Other Games » World of Warcraft/

Private Server's fail, alot.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:01 pm 
Elite Member

They don't fail harder than WOTLK.

Not one thing from WOTLK is good for PvP.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:12 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

woutR wrote:

moar qq than the class forums

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:26 am 
Forum Legend

dom wrote:
woutR wrote:

Haven't done this in a while, but:

+1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:48 am 
Elite Member

dom wrote:
woutR wrote:

Well unlike them I did something to fix my problems.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:55 am 
Advanced Member

And they unlike you know how to adapt to change. <3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:51 pm 
Loyal Member

woutR wrote:

+1000 besides the last paragraph. All of these faceroll specs ruin every game, this is what happened to guild wars pvp, just put on the same build and press 123456789. Stun . 123456789. Thats it. If you are a pally healer. 11111111111111111, bubble, 11111111111. Now with 20 mounts and just repeating naxx is complete bs.

ZSZC Water - Pure Int S/S 3x
ZSZC Fire - Pure Str Bow 4x
ZSZC Fire - Pure Int Spear 4x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:13 pm 
Advanced Member

woutR wrote:
dom wrote:
woutR wrote:

Well unlike them I did something to fix my problems.

Definitely, BC was awesome. Having 3-4 viables comps total in each bracket was amazing. Unkillable druids (even compared to now). 4+4 Warglaive Rogues. Macestunning Warriors. Drain Tank warlocks with insane damage. Yeah, all that was much better than most classes having at least 1-2 viable comps in each bracket. Yeah, burst is a little high, but I'll take season 6 over season 4 any day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:15 pm 
Loyal Member

Quote:
Definitely, BC was awesome. Having 3-4 viables comps total in each bracket was amazing. Unkillable druids (even compared to now). 4+4 Warglaive Rogues. Macestunning Warriors. Drain Tank warlocks with insane damage. Yeah, all that was much better than most classes having at least 1-2 viable comps in each bracket. Yeah, burst is a little high, but I'll take season 6 over season 4 any day.

They both suck. Arena has soo much faceroll. At least BC each class had some cheap move, now it's pretty limited. 80 Cap > 70 Cap > 60 Cap (by far).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:07 pm 
Advanced Member

McLovin1t wrote:
Quote:

They both suck. Arena has soo much faceroll. At least BC each class had some cheap move, now it's pretty limited. 80 Cap > 70 Cap > 60 Cap (by far).

So which class are you getting Furious Glad on?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:27 pm 
Loyal Member

Me? Lol I dont play WoW, I played arena on my friends acct once.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:54 pm 
Advanced Member

McLovin1t wrote:

Then you're hardly qualified for this discussion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:12 am 
Loyal Member

Fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:14 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

cuchulainn wrote:
McLovin1t wrote:

Then you're hardly qualified for this discussion.

I Farking loled.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:15 pm 
Loyal Member

KK, I admit it was a bit stupid of me :roll: . But I troll the WoW forums every now and again, mostly arena section, and read all the complanints. So I am only a bit underqualified :shock:
I did play at 60 and 70 cap btw.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:16 pm 
Advanced Member

McLovin1t wrote:
KK, I admit it was a bit stupid of me :roll: . But I troll the WoW forums every now and again, mostly arena section, and read all the complanints. So I am only a bit underqualified :shock:
I did play at 60 and 70 cap btw.

The WoW forums in general contain the dregs of WoW players.

90% of the crap posted in the PvP forums is retarded and by people who can barely break 1500 and blame it on class xxx being OP rather than their own terrible play.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:05 pm 
Site Owner

I Farking hate PVP balance in WotlK

Its filled with retardation.

Rogues can take you from 100% to 0% even if you trinket. Yet they are the #1 babies on the PVP forum bitching, moaning and talking shit.

DK's in arena are just stupid. Crazy stupid.

It takes me 10 friggen minutes to kill a disc priest or a good resto shaman, but about 5s for a mage to kill me. Eating an FFB crit for more than half your health is awesome.

Yet those two healer classes are utter babies when it comes to arena class balance and bitching. The tears and tears and posts and tears and flames and tears and QQ

Warriors were total shit until they buffed them, it wasnt even worth stepping into a battlegrounds. There were no warriors in the top 50 teams either. It sucked. Should a warrior post about it, about 9999999 rogues and 999999 healers would swarm in with flames and tears. Then they buffed us, and for once in our existance we could kill a mage, and then they nerfed it back down when the QQ hit the fan over juggernaut

My Farking god, even if I take a healer to battlegrounds, it looks like this

Im sheeped. Im broken. Im hexed. Im cycloned. Im frost snared. Im sheeped. Im stunned. Im stunned moar. Im cycloned. Im sheeped. Im stuned. Im dead.

Or even, how bout this?

Healer dies in 5 seconds.
I die 5 seconds after.

I dont even bother posting in the cesspool known as "Damage Dealing Forums" its nothing but Class A opressing class B with tears and flames and ur fine and **** off thanks k

TWO JORMUNGAR, ONE MAGNATAUR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:59 pm 
Advanced Member

Ryoko, just wear your tank gear and find a prot paladin partner.

Then you two can gay your way to 2400.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:05 pm 
Site Owner

I tried that >.< not with a prot paladin though. Stacked abou 1600 block so I could crit some clothies for 10K or more. But Mages and druids just kite you around all night long and you can't deal enough damage to kill any healer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:07 pm 
Advanced Member

Ryoko wrote:
I tried that >.< not with a prot paladin though. Stacked abou 1600 block so I could crit some clothies for 10K or more. But Mages and druids just kite you around all night long and you can't deal enough damage to kill any healer

You+Prot Paladin. Mage won't be able to kite as much.

It's not necessarily bursting down someone (though that is perfectly possible with HoJ into Avenger's Shield into Fear) but outlasting them, because double prot will not Farking die.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:41 pm 
Site Owner

Bursting is feasible; with two stuns and two silences as prot its not so tough to keep a healer spell locked at all. Shield slam is very nifty for removing shields and HoTs too.

Its just shelling enough damage to actually make a difference and kill a healer would be a small miracle. Especially Disc... once their out of mana, they never do seem to stop casting.

With a prot pally present as well, it could tip the scale.

I've tried this as prot with a DPS partner, but they rarely live more than 5 seconds.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:08 pm 
Veteran Member

Haha the top 2s team in BG9 is double prot keyboard turning clickers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:17 pm 
Advanced Member

bakafish wrote:
Haha the top 2s team in BG9 is double prot keyboard turning clickers.

Yep. You pretty much can't lose as that combo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:20 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ryoko wrote:
Bursting is feasible; with two stuns and two silences as prot its not so tough to keep a healer spell locked at all. Shield slam is very nifty for removing shields and HoTs too.

Its just shelling enough damage to actually make a difference and kill a healer would be a small miracle. Especially Disc... once their out of mana, they never do seem to stop casting.

With a prot pally present as well, it could tip the scale.

I've tried this as prot with a DPS partner, but they rarely live more than 5 seconds.

When race switch is implmented i'll be your prot paladin sexy <3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:04 am 
Veteran Member

I think they deleted the thread on AJ :(