Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Druids (@Joey)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:32 pm 
Advanced Member

You have much to learn young kitty.

For your leveling build, you're missing out on a lot of damage.

This is what I would suggest.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0ZxGMccbdbeRhzzhZ0E

Rationale:
For leveling, you're going to be mangling, not shredding unless you're very well geared and kill things in the duration of a pounce. This means you don't need shredding attacks.
Imp Motw is nice, but there are better places to put your points as feral.
Furor is ESSENTIAL imo. Being able to shift out, heal, then go back to cat and have full energy because it regenned while you were healing is amazing for reducing uptime. Also, being able to instantly feral charge or bash is great as well.
Since you're using mostly mangle while leveling, Rend and Tear only affects ferocious bite. This isn't a huge deal. Also, since most mobs shouldn't last long enough for you to require Rip, Primal Gore isn't that great for leveling either.
Berserk: Tons of fun, but limited usefulness while leveling so lower priority.\

Things your spec is missing out on:
Naturalist: Flat 10% damage increase on EVERYTHING. 'Nuff said
Heart of the Wild: 10% Attack Power plus higher stam in bear means you'll hit harder in cat and regen more hp in bear with LotP procs and Frenzied Regeneration
Survival of the Fittest: 3% stat increase is same per point as Imp Motw, but you also gain armor and become uncrittable to mobs your level.

Where to go from this point on the spec I gave you.
Omen of Clarity is next. Procs a good amount, and it's awesome for 1 point.

King of the Jungle is after that. Trust me. That shit is amazing and you won't know how you did without it. Then you have some choices, you can fill out Infected Wounds for maximum snare first or begin filling out Rend and Tear to get Berserk by the time you hit 70.

As for level 80 specs. It depends upon what you want to do, but I'll link some common ones.

Feral PvP: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0ZxGMsfbdbeRhcuVk0Eczo
Feral PvE DPS: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0ZEGMcfrz0eR0huVk0Eczb
Feral Tank: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0ZxGGscbdceRcczVk0E0z (Got some choices for last 5 points, Master Shapeshifter for threat if you're fine on rage or you can go with King of the Jungle for getting mad aggro at the start with enrage, all up to you really).

And since I'm bored, I'll list my 2 resto PvP specs for you.

Deep Resto for 3v3 and 5v5: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0VGczbZZf0IubuxmkAhsio
Insect Swarm for 2v2: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0vGczbcoZZf0IubuxmkAosb

The second one is more fun in BGs since it's a ton more offensive so you can actually kill people, but the first one makes you a beast of a tank with Wild Growth an extra hot for when you're taking a ton of damage and need something to keep you topped off until Lifebloom blooms or swiftmend is back up.

Some final notes on leveling.

Attack: Pounce, Rake, Mangle until finisher/dead (you've probably already figured that out already :P)

Glyphs: Rake and I guess Maul for bear AOEing. Get thorns and aquatic form as minor imo, epic mount speed in water is pro.

Well, I've written enough I guess. If any other druids want to chime in, feel free.

Post subject: Re: Druids (@Joey)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:50 pm 
Forum Legend

100% correct.

Allthough I abandoned my druid at 72, i roughly used the same spec to level.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:11 pm 
Veteran Member

Thanks for this, I'm planning on making a feral druid as well... guild won't listen to my QQ's about no feral druids (ever!) in ulduar 25 runs since they're both (we only have 2 obviously) inactive .. and they're recruiting for freaking resto druids even though we have 3+ signing up on every raid - so thinking of making one to show how good they are/can be to have in a raid :P

anyways, thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:50 pm 
Advanced Member

iGod wrote:
Thanks for this, I'm planning on making a feral druid as well... guild won't listen to my QQ's about no feral druids (ever!) in ulduar 25 runs since they're both (we only have 2 obviously) inactive .. and they're recruiting for freaking resto druids even though we have 3+ signing up on every raid - so thinking of making one to show how good they are/can be to have in a raid :P

anyways, thanks

Ferals have disgusting pve dps right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:18 pm 
Veteran Member

Yep but that leader of the pack thing is D: I remember critting almost non-stop on my dk before 3.1, when we actually had ferals in raids

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:22 pm 
Elite Member

Thanks for the tips, obviously I've been trying to figure all this out on my own. How often would you say orb of clarity procs? There's no number about the chance or anything like that, so I had no plans to get it without further information. My rotation has been Faerie Fire, back and forth between rake + claw til 4 or 5 combo points, then Rip. It works ok for soloing while I've used it. When I get new skills, I'm slow on trying to add them to my rotation. Also, I'm all kitty, so that's why I've avoided some talents that seem to mostly benefit bear form.

As for Glyphs, I looked over them again, and was planning on switching a couple, of course, I completely forgot about that.

Thanks for all the suggestions though, are any of your resto builds good for raid healing? I plan on having my dual spec be tree/kitty when I get it.

Edit: Do you agree with Rip for finisher? I just compared them, and for only 5 energy more, Ferocious Bite seems to do more damage, not on a very big scale, but 5 energy regens pretty quick anyways. Just noticed, Ferocious Bite is instant damage instead of a DoT. In solo grinding, I think that's better. Maybe on boss fights for Rip?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:51 pm 
Advanced Member

MrJoey wrote:
Thanks for the tips, obviously I've been trying to figure all this out on my own. How often would you say orb of clarity procs? There's no number about the chance or anything like that, so I had no plans to get it without further information. My rotation has been Faerie Fire, back and forth between rake + claw til 4 or 5 combo points, then Rip. It works ok for soloing while I've used it. When I get new skills, I'm slow on trying to add them to my rotation. Also, I'm all kitty, so that's why I've avoided some talents that seem to mostly benefit bear form.

As for Glyphs, I looked over them again, and was planning on switching a couple, of course, I completely forgot about that.

Thanks for all the suggestions though, are any of your resto builds good for raid healing? I plan on having my dual spec be tree/kitty when I get it.

Edit: Do you agree with Rip for finisher? I just compared them, and for only 5 energy more, Ferocious Bite seems to do more damage, not on a very big scale, but 5 energy regens pretty quick anyways.

OoC is 6% chance to proc, but with no internal CD. With an autoattack every second, you're going to see a good amount of procs. I probably get one every few mobs.

You should be opening with pounce, FF if you want, then rake, mangle to 4-5 CP then finish mob with FB. If that doesn't kill it, you're undergeared or killing mobs too tough for you (if it has like 1 autoattack worth left, that's fine). You should never be using Claw after level 50, use Mangle instead, always. You really only need to use Rake once on mobs. The damage you get is from the ticks, not the application, so let it tick until it falls off before refreshing it.

I guess the deep resto one would be decent for raids. I use that on the few occaisions I raid.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0VG0dZZf0IubuxVuVIsio
That's what some PvE druids on armory appear to use.

And yes, ferocious bite is all you need while soloing. In instances and against mobs where you're going to get multiple finishers off, Rip should always be up. For kitty dps in raids, there's not necessarily a set rotation. It's more of a priority system where you try to keep savage roar, rip and rake up, and shredding otherwise and if both savage roar and rip have enough time up, use FB.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:05 pm 
Elite Member

Thanks for the information, just finishing up in cities right now and going to head out and try some of this stuff. Hopefully it'll be a large improvement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:40 pm 
Elite Member

I can't believe I've gone all this time without Omen of Clarity. It's awesome when it refreshes two times on one poor creature. I had it refresh 3 times once, and ended up finishing that one without a drop in energy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:40 pm 
Elite Member

Ended up going with Primal Precision after Omen, missing with finisher is the suck, and can take a while to get the energy back from it. Also, have you noticed that if you have clearcasting up, and use Ferocious Bite, it still takes the energy away?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:43 pm 
Advanced Member

MrJoey wrote:
Ended up going with Primal Precision after Omen, missing with finisher is the suck, and can take a while to get the energy back from it. Also, have you noticed that if you have clearcasting up, and use Ferocious Bite, it still takes the energy away?

It only takes the 30 extra energy away that is converted to damage. The initial 35 energy cost is free.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:51 pm 
Elite Member

Ah, I get it now. Here I was thinking that Omen wasn't working right.