Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ulduar
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:53 pm 
Elite Member

Ok, I just saw yet another post (on a different forum) about someone rage quitting cause "ulduar focked everything up!" As usual, he's not willing to say why it "focked" everything up. I have yet to see anyone that ragequits say why they think it "focked" everything up. What exactly are they complaining about? The parts where they screwed up on making it impossible to do certain achievements? Or something else entirely?

Post subject: Re: Ulduar
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:55 pm 
Forum God

i find it a nice challenge fun to wipe as its quick to recover thanks to teleporters but tbh it is far to liner there is only 1 way to progress least in naxx you could do the 4wings in any order and where forced to kill all the bosses, iv heard of guilds downing yog-saron before ignis thats messed imo

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:42 am 
Veteran Member

Probably because Ulduar is too hard for them who's used to Naxxramas 3.0.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:30 pm 

Not sure if I can agree with that Baka. Maybe right when they released Uld it'd make sense, but they've nerfed Ulduar so much, that it's on the same skill level as certain fights in Naxx. Only hardmodes that are remotely hard for serious raiding guilds is firefighter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:44 pm 
Site Owner

"Hardcores" are always extremely pissed off any time "casuals" or "scrubs" can down content. They especially steam when content is nerfed allowing more people to do it. Every time a nerf comes to any boss, theres a bajillion threads protesting it in the raiding forums, claims that people are quitting, claims that casuals ruined the game, and so forth.

The fact that heroics and 10 mans will now drop conquest badges to purchas T8.5 is also pissing them off, cuz now anyone can run heroics and buy T8.5 items.

"Casuals" and "scrubs" are always extremely pissed if they can't do all the content or cannot gain/achieve all the rewards. They are infuriated if achievement reward mounts are removed when new content is released, if seasonal achievements cannot be completed, and so forth.

Casuals claim their not bad players, they just don't have time to play.

Hardcores claim its not about the casuals/bads, its because they love a challenge and nerfs take their challenge away.

Its a never ending cycle that will never end.

I do believe hardmodes are too damn hard compared to the normal mode content. We've got two post-nerf hardmodes under our belt. Yet we havn't downed yogg, but thats our own fault.

Finding 25 "uber duber amazing awesome" players who even qualify for doing hardmodes is a small Farking miracle. Considering most the hardmodes in their natural form required shit like 7K DPS from 19 people to complete. On my server, you would need to take the top 2-3 DPS from every guild to even consider having that much DPS.

There are only 13 guilds in the united states, among thousands and thousands who have finished all the current hardmode achievements. And many people wanna keep it that way. Thats too 'hardmode' for us. =/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:33 pm 
Forum Legend

it's pretty retarded really. most of the ppl that complain about ulduar being too easy and blizzard making wow for the casuals really haven't done the hardmodes to begin with. u check their achievements and they're missing soo much.

i quit cuz i just lost interest in wow. maybe when cataclysm comes out i'll check it out again

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:40 pm 
Site Owner

TOloseGT wrote:
it's pretty retarded really. most of the ppl that complain about ulduar being too easy and blizzard making wow for the casuals really haven't done the hardmodes to begin with. u check their achievements and they're missing soo much.

LOL yeah and a lot of them hiding behind level 1 alts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 pm 
Advanced Member

It's because most of them fail. Just like majority of my server, but eh.

Least I can brag I'm one of the few good tanks that PuG Ulduar10 on my server. I outtank people in Naxx25 gear in my part Naxx10/U10 kit.

But Ulduar has been a lot of fun. I've personally done 7/14, all in PuGs. Got some nice gear from there so far, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:08 pm 
Site Owner

Don't forget the people who do 10 mans preaching their opinions about 25 mans, then defending themselves by claiming its just as challenging and difficult (if not harder) than the 25 man version. These people hang out with those who also claim raiding is just about having 25 warm bodies show up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:15 pm 
Advanced Member

With the exception of Naxx25 and OS25 (it is undertuned, Blizz have said so themselves) 25 man raiding is harder, and I'll never deny that.

I, however, CBF checking to make sure the group has 24 non-retards. It's hard enough getting 9 non-retards.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:20 pm 
Site Owner

Even if you have 25 people who are not retards, good luck keeping them all connected every evening. Im so Farking sick of yogg cloud trips cuz people DC and two extra clouds pass through them, on top of the 'intentional' trips I do in the beginning to hasten the phase

Then

Then

After were all dead ran back doing buffs etc, the person reconnects in the middle of yoggs room starting the encounter and we all get to die again

Meanwhile, those who died in the affair are running back into the instance, and yogg force-teleports them to the room and they get to die again

For fucks sake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:45 pm 
Advanced Member

Oh I feel your pain much worse then you do mate.

<- Australian

400ms is GOOD latency for us. Ya, good luck with that critical heal.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:09 pm 

Necrobat wrote:
Oh I feel your pain much worse then you do mate.

<- Australian

400ms is GOOD latency for us. Ya, good luck with that critical heal.

http://www.smoothping.com/
might help with your latency.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:06 pm 
Advanced Member

Can also potentially lead to account bannings too. (Proxy use)

You just get use to it anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:18 am 

Read something on AJ that it's not against the ToS, but suit yourself
http://www.smoothping.com/forums/viewto ... ?f=8&t=100

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:45 am 
Advanced Member

Well, it's more they track the IP location you're playing from for the purpose of account security. By using one of the proxy IPs, your location of play is halfway around the world from wher eyou actually play.

I'm not taking the risk.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:30 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ryoko wrote:
Even if you have 25 people who are not retards, good luck keeping them all connected every evening. Im so Farking sick of yogg cloud trips cuz people DC and two extra clouds pass through them, on top of the 'intentional' trips I do in the beginning to hasten the phase

Then

Then

After were all dead ran back doing buffs etc, the person reconnects in the middle of yoggs room starting the encounter and we all get to die again

Meanwhile, those who died in the affair are running back into the instance, and yogg force-teleports them to the room and they get to die again

For fucks sake

I loled again.

ps: I rolled a warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:49 pm 
Site Owner

Awesome!

Dont make yourself miserable. By that I mean

Fight mobs your own level.
Gun pull mobs 1 at most 2 at a time.
Buy food. You'll need it every other pull.
Level first aid. Goes hand in hand with food.
Update your gear regularly. Every level if possible.
Plenty on the AH. It matters. Big time

There are many weapons throughout the journy too; through quest rewards and AH. Plan on these. Good weps make life lots easier. Use the wowhead filter to find weapons. Many BoE blues available too.

Sword of Serenity
Vanquisher's Sword

Those were great and both aqcuired in quests. Though they may have added items since I leveled my guy years ago