Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Found my first WOW botter
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:27 pm 
Banned User

iGod wrote:
Something similar to sro powerleveling possibly? When people put lower level characters in the party while powerleveling something, to make the average party level lower giving more exp to the powerleveled char? oh i dont know

Something similar, but it was apparently fake cause when they looked at that character that got plvled he hit 70 in February... but he had only done 48 quests from lvl 1-77 O.o

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:14 am 
Veteran Member

Had something like a lv80 prot paladin, lv3 hunter and a warrior who went from lv3 to lv77 in a night. Stokes can go deeper in the topic :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:04 pm 
Advanced Member

Basically how powerleveling in WoW works is if the average level of the party that is getting the kills is higher than the character being leveled, there is an experience penalty. So while it's worth it to powerlevel since you kill quick, it'd be better exp if you had a group around your own level.

So, what you do is get 2-3 lowbies to level, a mage and 1-2 prot paladins. You go into an instance, sit the lowbies a decent distances inside so that mobs that are at the entrance will die to consecration before they kill the lowbie. The prots gather up the instance mobs and pull them to the entrance where the mage is waiting. Once the mobs are low, the mage frost novas and the pallies lay down consecrates and they all zone out. The lowbies need to be in combat and the mobs will go towards them since they are the only players in the instance, but consecrate kills them before they get there and since the lowbies are the only people in the instance, they get full exp.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:49 pm 
Forum God

only time i see powerlving worth anything is when the 2 low lvls are on raf a friend, anything else is a waste

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:39 pm 
Advanced Member

Zypher wrote:
only time i see powerlving worth anything is when the 2 low lvls are on raf a friend, anything else is a waste

It's quicker than not powerleveling.

Back when I got bored on my mage and started an alt, I used my friend's warrior to run my alt through instances multiple times for easy exp.