Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Found my first WOW botter
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:17 pm 
Frequent Member

And killed him powerleveling his lvl 5 hunter and lvl 77 mage in Ice Crown. Dude had the nerve to get on a horde character and PM me afterwards asking not to bother him because he's in the other room. SCUSE ME? I don't know how to report people but I made sure to talk him and get as much info out of him as possible, and took copious amounts of screenshots. What do I do now?

Post subject: Re: Found my first WOW botter
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:28 pm 
Site Owner

Quote:
I don't know how to report people but I made sure to talk him and get as much info out of him as possible, and took copious amounts of screenshots. What do I do now?

In game, theres a red "?" icon. Click that icon, you can fill out a GM ticket to speak with a GM. The wait is anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes usually.

Outside of the game, there is several emails off the official site and they get back to you within 24 hours. If you have screenshots and such, you can mail them.

If he had his level 5 on follow and he was actually playing his mage, hes not technically doing anything thats a violation of the ToS.

If he honestly is botting, he'll get banned. They can look up keystroke patterns and delays; its how they ban people for G15 keyboard macro use.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:42 pm 
Frequent Member

Ryoko wrote:
Quote:
I don't know how to report people but I made sure to talk him and get as much info out of him as possible, and took copious amounts of screenshots. What do I do now?

In game, theres a red "?" icon. Click that icon, you can fill out a GM ticket to speak with a GM. The wait is anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes usually.

Outside of the game, there is several emails off the official site and they get back to you within 24 hours. If you have screenshots and such, you can mail them.

If he had his level 5 on follow and he was actually playing his mage, hes not technically doing anything thats a violation of the ToS.

If he honestly is botting, he'll get banned. They can look up keystroke patterns and delays; its how they ban people for G15 keyboard macro use.
No his mage and hunter were up on a wall and his paladin was casting consecrate and melee hitting mobs. I killed the lowbies first and then just white hit the pally down, cuz I figured he was afk. He brought them back out there a couple minutes later, same pattern, consecrate melee, consecrate melee. And I quote "usually I'm in the room by the time the pallys health gets down to 20-30% if someone attacks me", meaning he's not there and his character is somehow casting consecrate and melee hits whatever attacks him? Not sure how that works, but it sounds like botting to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:59 pm 
Site Owner

Well if your honestly convinced just report it, no harm comes to you for doing so. They can investigate all that server side.

Thing is, botting in wow is kinda different, your not gonna (or rarely, rarely ever) find a bot that hunts mobs in patterns, heals self, loots own items, etc.

What you do see, is people using stuff lik G15 keyboards to hit a pattern of buttons repeatedly or autohotkey. That too is a banable offense, and they had a swoop of bans for its usage just recently but its a huge gray area as well

I mean, hes a pally. He could heal himself. lol.

AS put by mods, any program that does a squence of more than 1 global cooldown action at a time is a bannable offense. If his toon wasnt casting a whole buncha spells and was just sittin there, don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:13 pm 
Chronicle Writer

i found a botter one in the Crater...he was alliance so i got some honor off killing for awhile..then i got bored and made a GM ticket...never saw him again...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:47 pm 
Frequent Member

Ryoko wrote:
AS put by mods, any program that does a squence of more than 1 global cooldown action at a time is a bannable offense. If his toon wasnt casting a whole buncha spells and was just sittin there, don't know.
Maybe that's why he only casts consecrate and auto attacks mobs. He probably knows the policy already and has just found a way around it -.- Asshole. I'm still reporting him and they can go through the chat log anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:30 pm 
Advanced Member

Ryoko wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, their code is pretty quick at noticing automated stuff. I got kicked offline because of my damn G15 keyboard, accidently hit a macro that was for another game and started running around in circles like an idiot while constantly drawing and sheathing my weapons. Couldnt figure out what the hell i did at first, then suddenly i was on the logon screen :| Wasnt even using any skills/spells

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:48 pm 
Ex-Staff

If you haven't been introduced to the ticket system until Ryoko just posted it up there, don't report it. You'll be happier not clicking that button.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:14 am 
Loyal Member

SM-Count wrote:
If you haven't been introduced to the ticket system until Ryoko just posted it up there, don't report it. You'll be happier not clicking that button.

First of all LOL at you not liking the blizzard customer service. it is one million times better then joymax and the gms are always very helpfull. ive made about 6 tickets so far and some of them were just random questions, but i always got an answer from a gm who was the most polite person ive ever talked to. Ive also called blizzard twice with the same result.

second; there is a bot for wow its called glyder. and blizzard is currently sueing the makers of glyder. Glyder is the bot used by gold companies for farming gold and works pretty much the same as any sro gold bot. meaning it mounts up, goes to training spot, kills mobs, loots, hearths, auto sells everything grey white or green, and repeats. really i think it almost would be easier to make a bot for wow because of all the things you can do already with mods and addons. the hard part is not getting banned after about two days.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:37 am 
Advanced Member

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
SM-Count wrote:

First of all LOL at you not liking the blizzard customer service. it is one million times better then joymax and the gms are always very helpfull. ive made about 6 tickets so far and some of them were just random questions, but i always got an answer from a gm who was the most polite person ive ever talked to. Ive also called blizzard twice with the same result.

second; there is a bot for wow its called glyder. and blizzard is currently sueing the makers of glyder. Glyder is the bot used by gold companies for farming gold and works pretty much the same as any sro gold bot. meaning it mounts up, goes to training spot, kills mobs, loots, hearths, auto sells everything grey white or green, and repeats. really i think it almost would be easier to make a bot for wow because of all the things you can do already with mods and addons. the hard part is not getting banned after about two days.

First, That's like saying you like the person who waves when you pass them on the street instead of the person who stops and pisses on you.

Second, the bots in wow are usually autodetected by Warden and they get banned. Don't worry about it. Unlike joymax, they will catch em eventually and they don't cause a huge problem on the server.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:21 am 
Elite Member

Series of screenshots that I took when I reported a couple people with some kind of bot or something. Proving that SM-count is fail. Note: Might be in wrong order.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:06 am 
Veteran Member

I got a friend who likes to open tickets for the smallest things and always ended up talking to the GMs. Like 2 weeks ago, he actually asked for a duel with the GM and she declined, then he asked for a dance contest lol. Then she actually agreed and they danced at the tip of Wyrmrest Temple. Think he frapsed it too. Yep, he did.

http://www.youtube.com/v/pKrEYEVSCsQ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:05 am 
Forum Legend

Some GM's are really cool.

I usually find botters at the harpies in Storm Peaks. Farming releics of ulduar. Usually warlocks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:15 am 
Elite Member

bakafish wrote:
I got a friend who likes to open tickets for the smallest things and always ended up talking to the GMs. Like 2 weeks ago, he actually asked for a duel with the GM and she declined, then he asked for a dance contest lol. Then she actually agreed and they danced at the tip of Wyrmrest Temple. Think he frapsed it too. Yep, he did.

http://www.youtube.com/v/pKrEYEVSCsQ

Bet its people like him that caused the GM ticket I submitted to take 3 hours before they were available. <_<

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:39 am 
Forum Legend

lol, what's with the GM's role playing at the beginning? my GMs never did that for me... =[

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:22 pm 
Site Owner

Know whats messed up, im willing to bet almost every time you talk to a GM about an item problem or something in your zone they are there next to you looking, and they are just invisible. Bitches.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:59 pm 
Loyal Member

lol mrjoey from what i read in the screen shots it sounds like the person was multiboxing, not botting.

multiboxing is kind of cool, and not against the rules. i seen someone in my bg onetime who had 5 shammans. he pressed 1 button that was macroed to all 5 of them, so when someone came to assult the flag in ab, he had 5 lightning bolts flying at him at the same time. almost instant death lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:11 pm 
Elite Member

Sounds like something that should be against the rules, if it isn't.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:51 pm 
Frequent Member

nah its not against the rules, as long as you or one of your family members owns the account you can use it and multibox as much as you want. its all good, you could do it too!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:05 pm 
Elite Member

Don't care about multiboxing, I mean the macro where one person uses a skill, then all chars use it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:23 pm 
Loyal Member

MrJoey wrote:
Don't care about multiboxing, I mean the macro where one person uses a skill, then all chars use it.

thats what multiboxers do. they make like 3-5 of the same character with the same build. open up wow 3-5 times on your computer. then use this program that makes it so if you hit a key on one of the opened wows, it hits that key on all of them. its pretty amazing i think.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:30 pm 
Frequent Member

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
lol mrjoey from what i read in the screen shots it sounds like the person was multiboxing, not botting.

multiboxing is kind of cool, and not against the rules. i seen someone in my bg onetime who had 5 shammans. he pressed 1 button that was macroed to all 5 of them, so when someone came to assult the flag in ab, he had 5 lightning bolts flying at him at the same time. almost instant death lol.
lol we were doing 5's one night and came up against a 5 box shamman. We totally wrecked him, but it was still pretty cool watching 5 chain lightnings coming at you at once. On our side we have a 10 boxing shammy, who I haven't seen in a while. But man was that cool watching him run around. Too much money and gold if you ask me. Reported the botter before I went to bed last night, I should hear back from them today.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:52 pm 
Site Owner

They won't tell you the outcome though, is private been blizzard and the person in question. At best, you can just check to see if hes still playing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:06 pm 
Frequent Member

Ryoko wrote:
They won't tell you the outcome though, is private been blizzard and the person in question. At best, you can just check to see if hes still playing.
Well that's certainly anti-climactic isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:09 pm 
Site Owner

Have pumpkin pie instead then

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:11 pm 
Frequent Member

Ryoko wrote:
Have pumpkin pie instead then
<3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:17 pm 
Veteran Member

Found something interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:56 am 
Frequent Member

topic missing or unavailable to me. maybe post what it says?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:09 am 
Elite Member

Worked earlier. I think it was probably deleted due to the massive flame fest it became. Basically something about a pally having a lvl 3 or 5, and 3x? 4x? char in a party, plvling the 3x/4x and got it to a higher level really fast. I don't remember all the details.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:08 am 
Veteran Member

Something similar to sro powerleveling possibly? When people put lower level characters in the party while powerleveling something, to make the average party level lower giving more exp to the powerleveled char? oh i dont know