Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: What up my pallies?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:13 pm 
Loyal Member

I have a question for you. Now I know that in 3.2 everything will change and this discussion will be worthless BUT, the patch is still a few months away sooo...

What do you think is better for pve ret, Seal of Blood or Seal of Command. Now I usually use SoB and Like it alot, in fact I normally don't even spec into SoC because I don't like it at all. But every time I do a Heroic with my guild, my GL says something to me like "Dude why aren't you using SoC?" So yesterday when I was doing my Heroic chain I respeced, grabbed SoC and used it for one time. Just to test it out. So I'm going to post some ss and I want to know what you guys think. Keep in mind that it was in two different Heroics, and when I was using SoC there was alot of undead so my dps was higher because of 100% crit chance on exorcism.

SoC DPS Report:
Spoiler!

SoB DPS Report:
Spoiler!

Now I think that it's interesting how when I use SoB my SoB is 25% of the damage, and it's the most damage I deal. While when I use SoC, it's 10% of my damage, and only the 6th most damage I deal. But, no matter which seal I use, my dps is about the same. On the other hand, when I use SoC, my judgments are topping my dps, (besides melee which I also find strange, and Concecration doesn't count lol).

So yeah couple questions:

1. What seal do you use as a pve ret?
2. Which one do you think is better? (Remember, Ive proven that they do the same overall dps. so really this question is about the pros and cons)
3. Is SoC worth the talent point?

Discuss this please!

Post subject: Re: What up my pallies?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:26 pm 
Frequent Member

I highly recommend the elitist jerks forums for questions like this. They run numbers, make spreadsheets, and conduct meticulous dps assessments. I'm sure you'll find something there, and if you don't, make an account and ask them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:11 pm 
Forum Legend

those 12 parry and 12 dodge shouldn't really exist =[

too many dodges and parry i think, get your hit and expertise up. you'll see great improvements using SoB when you gear up more and get hit/expertise capped.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:16 pm 
Loyal Member

TOloseGT wrote:

too many dodges and parry i think, get your hit and expertise up. you'll see great improvements using SoB when you gear up more and get hit/expertise capped.

just got hit capped today when i gemmed and enchanted my new boots. my dps went up by 400.

about elitest jerks, there website is confusing and i dont like it at all. besides this is supposed to be a discussion i already know which one i use and which one is better, i was just asking your oppinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:29 pm 
Forum Legend

hm...i think going with sob for the majority of the fights is the best.

u just can't go wrong with every melee swing proc as opposed to occasional proc.

expertise and hit rating is crucial here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:48 pm 
Frequent Member

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
TOloseGT wrote:

just got hit capped today when i gemmed and enchanted my new boots. my dps went up by 400.

about elitest jerks, there website is confusing and i dont like it at all. besides this is supposed to be a discussion i already know which one i use and which one is better, i was just asking your oppinion.
Yes, but they've done the math necessary to prove exactly which one is better, and that's why I like them. It's really the only place I go anymore if I have a question about dps, so it's essentially my opinion. If I had a pally I would be more helpful :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:47 am 
Elite Member

Seal of the Martyr easily.

Seal of Command for pvp.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:20 am 
Veteran Member

.curve wrote:
Seal of the Martyr easily.

Seal of Command for pvp.

lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:31 am 
Loyal Member

question, do pallies even have a rotation? i mean i just hit w/e comes off cooldown first. with judge having priority then divine storm.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 am 
Veteran Member

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
question, do pallies even have a rotation? i mean i just hit w/e comes off cooldown first. with judge having priority then divine storm.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?t ... msg1037799

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:08 am 
Forum Legend

bakafish wrote:
[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

rofl

although CS does have priority

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:55 am 

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t53532-3_1_ ... in_thread/
Took under a minute to find.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:51 pm 
Loyal Member

TOloseGT wrote:
bakafish wrote:
[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

rofl

although CS does have priority

by the looks of it my DS does more damage then crusader strike, hits more mobs, and i have the 2set bonus from t7 so it does 10% more damage. my DS takes priority over CS.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:09 am 
Forum Legend

DS also has a 10 sec CD

CS has been calculated to have more DPS, so prioritize that over DS

this is the general rotation:

CS > HoW (if you can) > Judgement > DS > Consecration > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 am 
Loyal Member

TOloseGT wrote:
DS also has a 10 sec CD

CS has been calculated to have more DPS, so prioritize that over DS

this is the general rotation:

CS > HoW (if you can) > Judgement > DS > Consecration > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

yeah i guess. but when we clearing trash they die so fast all i do is concecrate > DS > holy wrath

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:27 am 
Forum Legend

yea, with trash aoe, don't even bother hitting single targets until you used ur aoes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:36 pm 
Site Owner

lavapockets wrote:
... and if you don't, make an account and ask them.

http://elitistjerks.com/f34/

Then shortly after, you'll get an infraction for not finding the question among the 80 page paladin thread filled with comments, garbage and bullshit. You may or may not receive an infraction for begging, and or hand holding when it comes to DPS.

If they decide to give you a third infraction for your "blog post" above, then you'll probably get a 2 week ban until the infractions wear off.

Welcome to elitist jerks.

Heres my 3 infractions that got me banned:

Quote:
It makes no sense to give each sentence it's own line. Please do your best to make posts easier to read. Thanks.

For spacing too much, like in this post. =)

Quote:
Stop abusing ellipses. Use apostrophes when appropriate.

For putting things in parenthesis

Quote:
Nice blog post. Next time post it on your blog.

For discussion about tanking thorims arena

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:45 pm 
Loyal Member

Ryoko wrote:
lavapockets wrote:
... and if you don't, make an account and ask them.

http://elitistjerks.com/f34/

Then shortly after, you'll get an infraction for not finding the question among the 80 page paladin thread filled with comments, garbage and bullshit. You may or may not receive an infraction for begging, and or hand holding when it comes to DPS.

If they decide to give you a third infraction for your "blog post" above, then you'll probably get a 2 week ban until the infractions wear off.

Welcome to elitist jerks.

Heres my 3 infractions that got me banned:

Quote:
It makes no sense to give each sentence it's own line. Please do your best to make posts easier to read. Thanks.

For spacing too much, like in this post. =)

Quote:
Stop abusing ellipses. Use apostrophes when appropriate.

For putting things in parenthesis

Quote:
Nice blog post. Next time post it on your blog.

For discussion about tanking thorims arena

lol, another reason why i try to stay away from that site. for some reason ppl LOVE that site. i hate it.

btw, what is glancing? i keep seeing that pop up "Glancing 1500" its like a hit or dodge or parry but it makes my damaged reduced and i odnt like it lol. will expertise decrease my glancing chance?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:29 pm 
Site Owner

Once you figgure all this out, 3.2 will come out (possibly next week) and your world is getting turned upside down -.-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:30 pm 
Frequent Member

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
lol, another reason why i try to stay away from that site. for some reason ppl LOVE that site. i hate it.

btw, what is glancing? i keep seeing that pop up "Glancing 1500" its like a hit or dodge or parry but it makes my damaged reduced and i odnt like it lol. will expertise decrease my glancing chance?
You guys realize you don't have to like them to find the information contained there helpful? It brought my dps up a lot, and helped me understand my class better. It might also help you understand expertise and hit cap for dps classes. They might even have a spread sheet for your class, like they did for mine, that you plug your gear and spec into and it tells you when you're hit and expertise capped. It also tells you which enchants/gems will bring your dps up more so that you don't end up regemming or wondering if you have the best enchant on your gear. IMO it's silly to throw out a lot of knowledge just because the site is full of assholes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:33 pm 
Site Owner

lavapockets wrote:
You guys realize you don't have to like them to find the information contained there helpful?

Nope. Absolutely not. My entire guild avoids EJ. I avoid the warrior DPS spreadsheet and BiS list like its the PLAGUE. STR/ArP gems suck, and I'd never steal 20 voids from the bank for something as crazy priced as double beserker

=)

Back on topic
Quote:

Its purely in the game for "Realism" the chance that you'd glance or graze an opponent with your weapon

Heres an incredibly slow website that explains it in detail.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Glancing_blow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:37 pm 

Well then, it is aptly named Elitist Jerks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:54 pm 
Loyal Member

Ryoko wrote:
lavapockets wrote:
You guys realize you don't have to like them to find the information contained there helpful?

Nope. Absolutely not. My entire guild avoids EJ. I avoid the warrior DPS spreadsheet and BiS list like its the PLAGUE. STR/ArP gems suck, and I'd never steal 20 voids from the bank for something as crazy priced as double beserker

=)

Back on topic
Quote:

Its purely in the game for "Realism" the chance that you'd glance or graze an opponent with your weapon

Heres an incredibly slow website that explains it in detail.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Glancing_blow

wow thank you bunches ryoko! i guess i cant get rid of those glancing attacks (kinda pisses me off).

even though im getting pretty geared, ive not seen one drop from naxx with expertise one it. LOTS of hit tho, which is good. ive been able to replace some hit gems with str gems. but ill just have to wait to get expertise i guess. i got 3 expertise atm >< says i need 26 to be capped.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:51 pm 
Frequent Member

Prophet Izaach wrote:
QFT

Suit yourself, but I will happily enjoy my double berserker just as soon as my sword gets ticketed to me :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:30 pm 
Site Owner

lavapockets wrote:
Prophet Izaach wrote:
QFT

Suit yourself, but I will happily enjoy my double berserker just as soon as my sword gets ticketed to me :D

Don't you know a double proc will drop your armor 10%?

Pffft nubs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:41 pm 
Frequent Member

Ryoko wrote:
lavapockets wrote:
Prophet Izaach wrote:
QFT

Pffft nubs.
I'm not a tank, I'm a burst rogue. Double proc also means I'm hitting like a truck, it doesn't, to my knowledge drop my resiliance, and I have evasion, feint, and CoS if I take too much dmg. I'd like to see someone I'm stun locking live through a double proced berserker KS also. Would be interesting.

More to the point, and I'm going off memory here, so if the figure is incorrect, my bad, I think I only have around 4000 armor to begin with. I can see how a tank would need the additional armor, taking big hits and all, but 400 in the grand scheme of things isn't going to make or break my day.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:31 am 
Elite Member

Elitist Jerks is for the people that want to see every single number there is about their class and still have to figure out the answer for their question from there. So I hate it. I prefer answers that say "this is what will do the best." Maybe some variation from that. Otherwise if I wanted to know every single possibility including ones I didn't ask about, I'd just get a list of every possible equipment and blind myself trying to read all the damn numbers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:28 pm 
Site Owner

lavapockets wrote:
Ryoko wrote:
lavapockets wrote:

Pffft nubs.
I'm not a tank, I'm a burst rogue. Double proc also means I'm hitting like a truck, it doesn't, to my knowledge drop my resiliance, and I have evasion, feint, and CoS if I take too much dmg. I'd like to see someone I'm stun locking live through a double proced berserker KS also. Would be interesting.

More to the point, and I'm going off memory here, so if the figure is incorrect, my bad, I think I only have around 4000 armor to begin with. I can see how a tank would need the additional armor, taking big hits and all, but 400 in the grand scheme of things isn't going to make or break my day.

I find it odd every time im sarcastic, your so srs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:50 pm 
Frequent Member

Ryoko wrote:
I find it odd every time im sarcastic, your so srs.
my sarcasm detector must be off :( It must be the blueberry pie I made this week, throwing me out of wack.

I got Remorse last night off of Kalgoran and the stupid DK that took my other sword isn't ticketing it so it doesn't matter now anyway lol I'm not spending money on berserking for Widow's Death, that's just silly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:02 pm 
Site Owner

That sword drops all the time. I have one as a toy. Our DKS have em. Our rogues don't want em o.O it will drop again - promise.