Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Best Blue Post Ever
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:03 am 
Forum God

Ghostcrawler wrote:
If there is something you think is wrong with the game that we have't addressed, usually one of the following is true:

1) We don't think something is wrong. In this case, repeatedly posting the same thing over and over is unlikely to change our minds.

2) We think something is wrong, but we aren't ready to announce a change yet. This could be because we don't know how we want to fix it yet, we know how we want to fix it but require new tech to implement it, or because the change is going to take awhile.

In both of these cases, posting the same thing over and over again or bumping a thread when you have no new information to add isn't going to have the effect you're looking for. The goal often seems to be to post over an over either because you're so angry you can't take it anymore, or because you're stubborn and are looking for that blue post that finally says "here's how we're going to buff you." That happens, but it doesn't happen that often, and in those cases it is always because we agree something is a problem, not because you wore us down.

I know some of you just want a thumb's up or thumb's down answer on a community question or issue, but even that is beyond what we want to do with these forums. We don't have the time nor inclination to respond to every issue, let alone every thread. Furthermore, simple answers are rarely enough for a design-savy community that wants to know why, wants to explore edge-cases or perhaps even wants to see hard proof. Short blue answers rarely "solve" anything and more often throw fuel on a fire.

Here is how the process should ideally work: If you have an issue, bring it up. See if other players agree with you. If they disagree, don't shut them out. Once you've explored the issue a little bit, you've done your job. You don't need to keep starting new topics on the same issue nor bumping those already so long that no reasonable person is going to read them (though I try to).

Sometimes we'll respond to a topic and sometimes we won't. But given the realities of developer time and the number of WoW players out there (even the minority of forum-posting ones) you should interpret those responses as almost random and not suggestive of a topic's severity or merit.

majority of that applies to all forums should take note

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

Post subject: Re: Best Blue Post Ever
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:23 am 

I don't think that ever works on GD.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:01 am 
Forum Legend

Well, tbh, they never respond, and that's where things get out of hand. They make descisicions, and won't clarify them, which is bad to.

It's in their own hands.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:14 am 
Forum God

missing the point, arguing over and over dont get you no where is where he is going, also im happy with the service i get in wow so tbh i dont care aslong as they fix the bugs which they end up doing no problems.

little pissed about the flaws in the new loot system people ninja'ing loot and selling it on which IMO is abusing game mechanics and scamming (if you invite 25 people to a raid they want gear)

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:23 am 
Forum Legend

Service on nagrand, where i currently am, is allright. Yet one ticket takes about 4 days.

So not rly hapy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:33 am 
Forum God

lets look at my past

silkroad to wow

4days to get a ticket answered, the fact that its answered makes me happy and more often then not they sort your problem aswel on my server takes bout 12hours to get it answered and i always list wait time as a problem in the survey after

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:53 pm 
Site Owner

What pisses people off the most is when its clear as day and they still do or say nothing.

Lets take shaman healers for example. Its no secret priests and druids are far far better at any kind of ulduar hardmode. Chain heal in 3.1 sucked balls compared to priest and druid AOE healing. If you wanted to drop healers (5 for most all hardmodes, XT, Hodir, IC, Vexax, More) then.... you dropped the shamans.

And blizzard knows it. But they wouldnt do a Farking thing because people stacked 5-6 resto shamans in some BT / Sunwell fights so blizzard won't buff them and make that mistake again. Their second to last in tank healing next to the other classes, and second to last in AOE healing so thats what you sit out.

Blizzard "punishes" classes that were formerly popular over overbalanced.

Shamans overbalanced in BC, therefore, shamans will suck now.

Warriors were #1 tank in BC, therefore they will suck now.

Ghostcrawler wrote:
I’m not sure that statement is accurate, but here is the problem. There are A LOT of warrior tanks. They are tanking every fight in Ulduar. If warriors were too low and if we buffed them, I don’t see how that would increase the numbers on the other tanks. I don’t think the conclusion to be drawn is that warriors are overpowered. I think the conclusion to be drawn is that warriors were the traditional tank and lot of established guilds have established MTs who see no reason to reroll the FotM. It’s not actually a goal to have 25% of each tank in Ulduar, but is also seems strange to buff the most popular tank. Won’t that just make them more popular? Again, don’t misinterpret that as GC sez suck it up warriors. It is something we have to keep in mind, however.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:58 pm 
Site Owner

Ghostcrawler wrote:
Here is how the process should ideally work: If you have an issue, bring it up. See if other players agree with you. If they disagree, don't shut them out.

This is utter shit. Has anyone else seen the tanking forum? Heres how the tanking forum works.

Warrior: Heres several WWS of the same fight showing the D:TPS between relatively geared tanks. Heres some points about armor and health being far superior to blocking mechanics. Heres a list of cooldowns in fair comparison to other tanks. Heres a threat meter output of all four tanks. Heres the DPS of all four tanks on average.

Every other class in that forum: STFU, Whaaaaarior QQ, different tanks are different, quit crying, warriors are fine, warriors ruined the game, warriors got DK nerfed, warriors are arrogant assholes, warriors got druids HP nerfed, its all warriors fault, loltookyerjobs, sorry your not the only tank anymore, dumb warriors think their the only MTs, blahblahblah

Warrior: For ALL other tanking classes, taunt does no damage. But for paladins alone, taunting now does 2-3K damage. Heres at least 5-6 boss fight situations where that has a huge advantage. Heres two phases of Yogg where that is a huge advantage. Heres reasons why putting 6-7K threat on top of a taunted mob is nuts

Paladins: You don't need this, we needed this and you didnt need it, more warrior QQ, different tanks are different, tookyerjobs, etc etc

Then you armory these fucks and they've completed half of 10 man udluar and two bosses in 25 man.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:30 pm 
Forum Legend

Mages single target DPS is still not up too par, like it should be. (We're glass cannons right?, well the glass part works).

And hasn't been for 2 expansions.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:23 pm 

Priam wrote:
Mages single target DPS is still not up too par, like it should be. (We're glass cannons right?, well the glass part works).

And hasn't been for 2 expansions.

And yet our QnA was partially about clothing. I loved reading the rants on wowhead afterwards.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:25 pm 
Forum Legend

our Q&A sucked lol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:39 am 
Veteran Member

What Ryoko said.

GC said there are too many warrior tanks in game currently. While implying slightly that it might be due to the "residual" for being the most OP tank for 3 years, then admit that we are gimped compared to the rest, and seeing they don't want the numbers to curve any further, they need to "buff us carefully" so our population won't skyrocket, then go around claiming that they don't balance a class (like at all) base on popularity when he's doing all that.

WAT.