Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: 3.3 Too Soon?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:15 am 
Forum God

So im sure you have read aswell the patch notes for 3.3 have been published we can expect it likly before christmas, is anyone with me when i feel this is too soon?

i just feel like its patch after patch each showing lots of contect but nothing at the same time onyxia yes its fun but its the same instance just new levels, toc its just ring of blood in an instance non of this would have been hard to add nor much work put into making it yes toc does have 1 or 2 interesting boss mechanics which i wont dismiss its fun but non the less a quick patch

at this rate i wouldnt be suprised to see cataclysm by febuary

this isnt a debate about casuals and hardcores but more what are you oppinions of this so far?

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

Post subject: Re: 3.3 Too Soon?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:45 am 
Advanced Member

The transition speed we're getting from 3.2 -> 3.3 is acceptable, both in terms of time for us as well as lore. I mean, think about it, ToC isn't hard. Any guild that's worth anything can farm both the 10 and 25 man versions at least, leaving the hard modes to the hardcore for the most part.

3.2 is all about gearing EVERYBODY for Icecrown, and as I'm sure the Argent Crusade wouldn't want to waste time twiddling their thumbs before assaulting Icecrown, we're preping for that final push.

Personally? I'm ready for new content. ToC is a joke, and a bore, as it's just so easy to finish when people focus just a little bit. I think Kara required more concentration back in the day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:23 am 
Veteran Member

Not too fast considering 3.2 was somewhat a filler patch, PvE wise.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:54 am 
Veteran Member

You say before christmas? I say 10th October.
Which in my opinion is too soon. My guild are breezing through ToC but we still havnt cleared Ulduar... Only 2 bosses left, but it would be nice to down them and start doing some heroic toc and onyxia before icecrown.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:55 am 

Quick glance at patchnotes.

Raid utility for mages. It's like a dream coming true.

Too soon
The main issue for me is finding a guild who'll take me along Ulduar. I pugged toc 10 completely and toc 25 up to twins but no one bothers about taking you to uludar without the bloody achievement even though my dps should be well enough. Then again if I started earlier, I wouldn't mind it because chances were I'd be done with ulduar/toc.

Lempi: just start Ony. She's easy with some minor coordination.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:50 pm 
Veteran Member

takolin wrote:
Lempi: just start Ony. She's easy with some minor coordination.

We one shot her on 25man, but it would be nice to do heroic. If heroic mode is available...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:08 pm 

Nope.
Onyxia only has an easy mode.
You could get the achievements but consider her has as a loot piñata.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:59 pm 
Banned User

takolin wrote:
The main issue for me is finding a guild who'll take me along Ulduar. I pugged toc 10 completely and toc 25 up to twins but no one bothers about taking you to uludar without the bloody achievement even though my dps should be well enough. Then again if I started earlier, I wouldn't mind it because chances were I'd be done with ulduar/toc.

If you find Peuwl of Nerve Reborn you could ask him to take you with him to Ulduar or let you join their guildrun if they got space. Just mention that I recommend you for them (considering that he still remember me... you might have to mention that I was "the Holy Paladin") since I know you got more than enough skills for it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:45 pm 
Loyal Member

Quote:
Rogues
  • Dual Wield: Rogues now know this ability upon logging into the game at level 1.
  • Stealth: This ability no longer has multiple ranks. While active, the single rank of this ability (available at level 1) allows rogues to move at 70% movement speed.
  • Vanish: For the first second after this ability is used, neither Vanish nor Stealth can be broken by taking damage or being the victim of a hostile spell or ability.

Don't really care too much about the first one. The other two, though, I am very happy about. Means I get to redo my talent points when 3.3 comes out... and no more speccing into stealth. xD 3 more points for my Mutilation spec!

Quote:
Normal and Heroic versions of the dungeon will be accessible to players, although each wing will be considered a separate instance; therefore, on Heroic difficulty, each wing will have its own separate lockout timer. All-new rewards -- including item level 219 (normal) and level 232 (Heroic) loot -- will be offered to those who destroy some of the Lich King's most formidable allies.

Something I found on the main site that I'm not so sure about. I don't really like the idea of everyone being able to just jump into a heroic and get to skip Naxx/Ulduar all together. With this and ToC, there will be a lot of inexperienced players coming into pugs with this i219 and i232 gear, and no idea what to do in a 25 man group.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:40 pm 
Veteran Member

Sorry but you're not the only one paying $15 per month, just don't pug.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:16 am 
Loyal Member

so IC will drop i232 gear when TOC drops i245? that doesnt make any sense to me...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:29 am 

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
so IC will drop i232 gear when TOC drops i245? that doesnt make any sense to me...

IC instance, not IC raid.

IC will have a few wings just like ulduar and the nexus.

Ulduar = Halls of Stone, Halls of Lightning and Ulduar.
Nexus = Nexus, Oculus, Eye of Eternity.

BTW Ulduar/Naxx/EoE/OS are nigh useless. One can almost skip them and go to ToC 10.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:24 pm 
Loyal Member

bakafish wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, dick. However, given the options available on my server, pugging is the only way to experience raids. About 50% of the raiding guilds went to Aion, and the remaining are generally people that have school.

I have never been in a group to make it past the first group of bosses on ToC 10/25 due to people who geared up in reg/heroic ToC. It is somehow acceptable for someone who doesn't know what they are doing (generally healers and tanks) to make it into a pugged raid and then we wipe time and time again.

Anyways, back to the topic, is 3.3 too soon? I don't honestly think so. 3.3 will prove to be an interesting patch, and the sooner it hits, the sooner Cataclysm will hit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:29 pm 
Loyal Member

have you read the changes to shamman and fire nova? thats going to be insane, a fire nova every 3seconds....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:21 pm 
Veteran Member

Zero_Doom wrote:
bakafish wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, dick. However, given the options available on my server, pugging is the only way to experience raids. About 50% of the raiding guilds went to Aion, and the remaining are generally people that have school.

I have never been in a group to make it past the first group of bosses on ToC 10/25 due to people who geared up in reg/heroic ToC. It is somehow acceptable for someone who doesn't know what they are doing (generally healers and tanks) to make it into a pugged raid and then we wipe time and time again.

Anyways, back to the topic, is 3.3 too soon? I don't honestly think so. 3.3 will prove to be an interesting patch, and the sooner it hits, the sooner Cataclysm will hit.

Because heroics dropping gears 2 tiers below the top raiding tier is totally new amirite.

Last edited by bakafish on Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:24 pm 
Chronicle Writer

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
have you read the changes to shamman and fire nova? thats going to be insane, a fire nova every 3seconds....

how can that be if it has a 10 sec cool down...also as far as PvP goes it remove the only stun we had and in pve its only viable for enh because elemental/resto don't drop their totems near the boss most of the time...its a minor PvE enh boost that was unnecessary considering what we gave up for it...but blizzard hates shamans...kinda like with the new totems...4 totems, thats all they have to do...droods get a massive skin up date...aside from the troll totems where all 4 are unique all the others are the same item with different colors and taurens don't even get an update...thanks for showing you care blizzard...

as far as content goes really i can't wait to get out of T9 and back into real raiding...also i needs to be rockin these

Spoiler!

these better be enhance viable cause rogues can now uses axes, maces, daggers, swords, and fist and there are tons of them....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:41 pm 
Loyal Member

XemnasXD wrote:
[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

how can that be if it has a 10 sec cool down...also as far as PvP goes it remove the only stun we had and in pve its only viable for enh because elemental/resto don't drop their totems near the boss most of the time...its a minor PvE enh boost that was unnecessary considering what we gave up for it...but blizzard hates shamans...kinda like with the new totems...4 totems, thats all they have to do...droods get a massive skin up date...aside from the troll totems where all 4 are unique all the others are the same item with different colors and taurens don't even get an update...thanks for showing you care blizzard...

as far as content goes really i can't wait to get out of T9 and back into real raiding...also i needs to be rockin these

Spoiler!

these better be enhance viable cause rogues can now uses axes, maces, daggers, swords, and fist and there are tons of them....

you must not have read the whole patch notes. the cooldown on fire nova is 10seconds, theres a talent in elemental that increases damgae of fire nova totem, its pretty early. that is being changed to reduce the cooldown by 4 seconds on fire nova spell. the glyph is also being changed to reduces the cooldown by 3seconds. 10 -4 = 6 - 3 = 3 second cooldown on a spell that does aoe damage and no longer consumes the totem. it can also be used when you have any fire totem out. so magma totem + fire nova spell every 3 seconds... thats a lot of aoe damage.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:55 pm 
Chronicle Writer

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
XemnasXD wrote:
[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

Spoiler!

you must not have read the whole patch notes. the cooldown on fire nova is 10seconds, theres a talent in elemental that increases damgae of fire nova totem, its pretty early. that is being changed to reduce the cooldown by 4 seconds on fire nova spell. the glyph is also being changed to reduces the cooldown by 3seconds. 10 -4 = 6 - 3 = 3 second cooldown on a spell that does aoe damage and no longer consumes the totem. it can also be used when you have any fire totem out. so magma totem + fire nova spell every 3 seconds... thats a lot of aoe damage.

No i read the patch right and you do realize that even though you can cast fire nova with any fire totem out the Nova itself still comes out of the totem...how many Elemental shamans drop totems right underneath the boss? God forbid you're doing any other fight beside patchwerk meaning the boss is moving around or that you'd have to go up to where melee is everytime you want to re-drop your fire totem to keep cast nova...So go head and waste talent points and a glyph spot so that you stand in melee range to use one AoE....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:21 am 
Loyal Member

i agree with what you said in your first reply. it would be more for enhancement shammans. im dont know what kind of spec enhance usually takes, weather or not they go into elemental at all. but the talent for fire nova is 2nd or 3rd teir i belive, not very deep in to where enhance shammans wouldnt be able to get it.

and think about pvp applications. this spell is not restricted by line of sight. lay the totem down, run around, run behind a pillar, cast fire nova. mabey this is what blizzard ment when they said at blizzcon they had plans to make totems more like tools or toys that you interact with instead of just lay them down and forget about them. that is not a quote btw. all and all i think this could be a step in a good direction.