Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: I Failed, Hard.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:46 am 
Loyal Member

Okay, so I hit 80 yesterday and decided to spec resto. I healed HH (easy obviously) and then tried N ToC. We got up to the non mounted part, and bam! within three secconds the rogue was dead, the MT started to lose health, but i was constantly spaming healing wave on him aswell as riptide and earth shield. Within about 30 secs he too, was dead.

I kinda subtly disconnected my modem and blamed the whole event on uber lag, but tbh it was just me failing at healing.

Image <-- my armoury, and yes, I have kinda meh gear, but ive been successfully healed by people with worse. Since my server also sucks with AH gear, its been hard to get good items, and it shows. I have been trying to focus on +sp and +int gear, but its been hard and in some cases the best stuff I can get is +int non resto mail.

Can a pro healer (or anyone >.>) give me advice on how to fix my problem?

Post subject: Re: I Failed, Hard.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:48 am 
Frequent Member

ToC is a pretty demanding heroic to heal as a fresh 80. Don't sweat it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:53 am 
Elite Member

He said normal ToC... lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:57 am 
Loyal Member

^ this :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:31 am 
Veteran Member

It is fairly hard to heal regardless of being heroic. There is alot of AoE that needs to be healed through.

Grats for 80 btw.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:57 am 
Loyal Member

Should I just respec to elemental and do dps?
I know I had my heart set on healing, but i accept that sacrifices have to be made.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:17 am 
Elite Member

Resto are powerful healers I believe. Maybe go dps and keep an eye out for healer gear? When I wanted to go boomkin, I stuck with bear/cat in raids til I had gathered enough gear for boom before I switched.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:05 am 

if you have the gold, buy dual specs - for a hybrid class, they're so useful its stupid.

i looked at your armory, dunno if you just logged out weird but some of your gear's missing. once you get it put back right. log out and post here and i'll try and help you figure out what to go on. i'm mainly an ele shammy, but i've got resto offspec and can heal anything 5man normal or heroic, though once i started healing it took me about 3 instances to really "get" what i'm supposed to be doing.

you always wanna keep ES on your target. if you're group is melee heavy, you'll end up using chain heal a bunch. try and get your ranged DPS to cluster and not spread out so you can use chainheal on yourself and it'll hit them as well, good for quick top offs. when topping the tank, use Riptide to get the tidal wave bonus and then use a healing wave to get him up, if he's spiking lots use Lesser healing waves till he has enough HP to survive for a sec then top off with normal HW. if the melee is taking damage or needs to be topped, use CH, usually 1 or 2 is enough to get them back into business. if your ranged doesn't wanna listen and spreads out, use LHW's on them to boost their HP. drop Wrath of Air, Flametongue, mana stream, and stoneskin totem (or tremor totem depending on if you know the encounter has fears in it or not) and just play whack-a-mole with the HP bars. thats all i can think of now.

edit:

noticed your spec. are you pvp healing or pve healing? for pve healing your spec is a bit off.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hZ0xxIZx0euIxoxkrIRt
that is the spec i use when healing. glyphs i have Lesser healing Wave, Chain heal, and water mastery. this is for PVE healing only though.

DOTA2, Age of Conan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:23 am 
Loyal Member

Aha, turns out, my friend who helped set up my talent tree (yesh i am a newb :3) thought i wanted a pvp build.

I respeced, using a more conventional build, and bought a titansteel guardian.

Wish me luck :D

& the armoury keeps hiding certan parts of my gear (especially the rings)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:22 pm 
Site Owner

Some guides n blogs prolly help you more than I can.

I've healed that. The warrior whirlwinds, the rogue drops poisions on the ground and on people, the mage/hunter go wacky if the tank is sucking and they'll attack the healer or DPSers who dont follow the tanks targets.

ES and riptide usually hold an "appropriately' geared tank, altho many times I've gotton a level 79 tank in shit gear.

Chain heal if melees present, cleansing totem down if you see the rogue boss, and make sure its in range too. Casters you can spot heal on that fight with LHW. If no melees, skip the chain and use LHW/HW on the tank.

Remember if riptide is on the tank and you CH him, riptide gets removed and your CH does additional healing that cast. Refresh RT and repeat. If things are bad, natures swiftness for a "right now!" heal or pop your tidal focus

If stupid melees get agro and pretend to tank, not your fault. If the tank can't tank and the mage/hunter are killing your ranged, not your fault. If the melee stand in poision pool long enough that they die, not quite your fault. If your tanks dying even though you poured your heart and soul into it, check his gear.