Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Oculus Anybody?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:01 am 
Veteran Member

Quote:
To encourage players not to shy away from the many invigorating adventures to be had in The Oculus, we have applied a change to enhance the rewards players are provided when selected for this dungeon via the Random Heroic option in the Dungeon Finder. Once Ley-Guardian Eregos is defeated, one loot bag per character will be provided in his chest in addition to the current rewards. Each loot bag will offer players rare gems, two additional Emblems of Triumph, and a chance of being rewarded the Reins of the Blue Drake. These fine treasures could be yours should you honor your fellow party members by besting the challenges contained within The Oculus! Keep in mind, however, that these extra loot bags will only be awarded to each party member if Oculus is selected by the Dungeon Finder when players choose the Random Heroic option.

In light of this change, the Reins of the Azure Drake will now have a chance of dropping in both 10- and 25-player versions of The Eye of Eternity.

Post subject: Re: Oculus Anybody?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 am 
Forum God

its cool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:09 am 
Advanced Member

I can't recall a single wipe in oculus since the random dungeons started and I've gone through it with <4k gearscore baddies. Only time I wiped was when we tried to do ruby void, but decided to not go for achievement and just finish dungeon.

People just still hate oculus from before when it was tougher and the drakes didn't scale with gear.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:06 pm 

Why is blizzard kissing ass to all the retards out there that are intimidated by occulus.
I've done it a thousand times across mainy characters and never had any problems.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:29 pm 
Loyal Member

They nerfed the hell out of Oculus. I wouldnt say that people are intimidated by it anymore, so much as they dont look forward to the tediousness of it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:02 pm 
Forum Legend

cuchulainn wrote:
I can't recall a single wipe in oculus since the random dungeons started and I've gone through it with <4k gearscore baddies. Only time I wiped was when we tried to do ruby void, but decided to not go for achievement and just finish dungeon.

People just still hate oculus from before when it was tougher and the drakes didn't scale with gear.

It's been nerfed a few times before.

You can do it with a 2k GS.

And can we please not use GS on this forum, it's a shit addon, and a crap way to judge people.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:42 am 
Elite Member

Having GS addon > individually typing someone's name into WH just to check them out.

I use GS because it gives me a general idea of someone's gear.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:30 am 
Veteran Member

.curve wrote:
Having GS addon > individually typing someone's name into WH just to check them out.

Having an idea of their gear and an idea of their playing ability are totally different. Somebody could have half your gear score and play their character better than you do. Does that make them bad? No.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:10 am 
Elite Member

Lempi wrote:
.curve wrote:

Having an idea of their gear and an idea of their playing ability are totally different. Somebody could have half your gear score and play their character better than you do. Does that make them bad? No.

No, but a lot of the end game stuff is very gear dependent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:08 am 
Advanced Member

.curve wrote:
Lempi wrote:
.curve wrote:

No, but a lot of the end game stuff is very gear dependent.

Tell that to the people in T9 doing 2k DPS, and the people who were doing 4-5k in T7.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:53 am 
Elite Member

Necrobat wrote:
Tell that to the people in T9 doing 2k DPS, and the people who were doing 4-5k in T7.

I didn't say it was entirely gear dependent. Just gear plays about as much a role as skill.

Thus gear is a pretty good way to judge someone's skill.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:44 pm 

So I got oculus today as random heroic.

They apparently nerfed it even more, less big drakes, your drakes fly a lot faster.
anomalies apparently hurt less.

And then this happened:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:22 pm 
Elite Member

My little sack of gems had three scarlet rubies in it and I was like...really? This is your big change Blizzard? So now I insta-leave Occulus again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:46 pm 
Advanced Member

.curve wrote:
My little sack of gems had three scarlet rubies in it and I was like...really? This is your big change Blizzard? So now I insta-leave Occulus again.

Yeah, totally, 150g in gems, another 40g in random reward plus drops, 6 trimuph badges from the instance itself and another 2 frost or triumph for doing it. Definitely not worth 20 minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:14 am 
Veteran Member

cuchulainn wrote:
.curve wrote:

Yeah, totally, 150g in gems, another 40g in random reward plus drops, 6 trimuph badges from the instance itself and another 2 frost or triumph for doing it. Definitely not worth 20 minutes.

This is currently my favourite sarcastic reply of 2010. Well done.
Also, he's right. Oculus is so full of win atm.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:52 am 
Forum God

cuchulainn wrote:
.curve wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:31 am 
Common Member

Zypher wrote:
cuchulainn wrote:
.curve wrote:

QFT....who likes free loot?

[//////////////////// ]
Attempting to give a damn: 99%
Error: Unable to give a damn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:19 pm 
Elite Member

cuchulainn wrote:
.curve wrote:

150g in gems? Scarlet Rubies do not sell that much. Who needs Triumph anymore? In those 20 minutes you could do all argent tournament dailies and get more than that. For less tedious time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:10 am 
Advanced Member

.curve wrote:
cuchulainn wrote:
.curve wrote:

150g in gems? Scarlet Rubies do not sell that much. Who needs Triumph anymore? In those 20 minutes you could do all argent tournament dailies and get more than that. For less tedious time.

Check the AH, rubies still quite well, its all the other gems that went to shit tbh.

People still need triumph for their T9 or to gear up alts and crap.

And no, 150g for 20 minutes work isn't very good at all, but so is the gold/hr dailies give, so comparing a handful of shit to a bagful of shit doesn't really matter does it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:18 am 
Loyal Member

Don't forget the chance at the blue drake. How often do blue drakes drop from the argent dailies? I sure as hell haven't ever seen it happen.

FYI, Scarlet Rubies sell for 60-80g on my server. Also, as an alchemist, I can transmute them to epic gems. Oculus > any other random now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:36 am 
Chronicle Writer

.curve wrote:
cuchulainn wrote:
.curve wrote:

then don't run it but jeez don't bitch about it...for those of us who do run random heroics for whatever reason occulus is easily the best one now. If you have better things to do with your time than running occulus then chances are you were never bothered by it when it was a tedious shithole to begin with....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:36 am 
Elite Member

XemnasXD wrote:
then don't run it but jeez don't bitch about it...for those of us who do run random heroics for whatever reason occulus is easily the best one now. If you have better things to do with your time than running occulus then chances are you were never bothered by it when it was a tedious shithole to begin with....

Hey I was giving my opinion on it. Calm your hormones for a second.