Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Luck of the roll
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:28 am 
Forum God

Ever noticed how you can be rolling good for weeks then one day like a miscarrage its all taken away yes i know bad joke first thing that came to mind but il stick with it anyways.

Raiding icc i win the roll on the first 3 bosses pass the 3rd item to be nice as its a guild run, this happen last time in icc but i cant help but think after i passed was it smart i mean it might be months before i win another roll if im unlucky espesh if the groups stay the same which they may do im rolling against another lock and 1 other caster plus some items can be used by healers.

My point is, is it better to be greedy and take what you win or be nice and pass on?

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

Post subject: Re: Luck of the roll
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:51 am 
Advanced Member

I've noticed how its the awful PvPers who outroll me for gear in vault.

Thought I was good when the second time I saw resto pants drop I rolled an 81. The only other druid (who never has been above 1600 in any bracket) rolled an 85 :(

Post subject: Re: Luck of the roll
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:19 pm 
Loyal Member

It is never a bad idea to pass to another person in your guild. The act of good faith might be rewarded in future runs. Besides, 2/3 upgrades is good enough for now, probably cant hurt to allow someone else to upgrade. I passed 2/4 pieces I won the other night from ICC 10 to a boomchicken. Her dps will likely come up 500-1k points with the upgrades I gave to her, where as the only "upgrades" they would have provided me (a priest healer) would be about 200 more mana and slightly more crit, and the staff (which was to be used for disc pvp) would drop 4% hit rating from where I am currently.

Who knows if passing that one piece of gear was a good idea or not. Hopefully, it wont be a problem to drop gear in the future, and if it is, hopefully they will help you out the same that you did for them.