Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ruby Sanctum
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:35 am 

Aside from the battleground changes on the upcoming patch (Random Battleground Tool!), they're adding a final pre-4.0 raid or something on 3.3.x... And it's the Ruby Sanctum.

But out of the four aspect chambers, why Ruby? :?

Post subject: Re: Ruby Sanctum
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:48 am 

mmm.

Well we had black with Sarth and Ony 2.0, so they're out.
We killed the aspect of the blue dragonflight so I guess they're out as well.

We encounter a green dragon in ICC in a changed form though but it's green nonetheless.

So we're stuck with the red and the bronze dragonflight and neither are "evil" as such.

Maybe one of the red dragons got corrupted by deathwing as pre Cataclysm intro raid.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:02 pm 
Veteran Member

Well the bronze ones might be evil. Because apparently they were the infinite dragonflight before they became bronze? or something

/loregasm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:05 pm 
Veteran Member

For Bolvar!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:19 pm 
Forum God

Prophet Izaach wrote:
Aside from the battleground changes on the upcoming patch (Random Battleground Tool!), they're adding a final pre-4.0 raid or something on 3.3.x... And it's the Ruby Sanctum.

because a lot of the red aspect where tainted by deathwing after alexstraza goes missing pre-tbc.

iGod wrote:
Well the bronze ones might be evil. Because apparently they were the infinite dragonflight before they became bronze? or something

/loregasm

Bronze have always been bronze its only in the wake of Nozdormu going missing, where as some say its for him to try avoid his own death which he knows how and when happens. the infinite dragonflight has little known about them but many suspect Nozdormu created them maybe for the above reason?

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:52 pm 
Loyal Member

Location: The world has an ending, now you must find this ending.
Little side note is: Titansteel bars no longer require CD's for mining! :O betta sell em while i got the chance, they probably gonna gfo cheap.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:35 am 
Advanced Member

Brago wrote:
Little side note is: Titansteel bars no longer require CD's for mining! :O betta sell em while i got the chance, they probably gonna gfo cheap.

I feel like they haven't really been used for awhile anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:37 am 
Loyal Member

cuchulainn wrote:
Brago wrote:

They're used for breastplate of the white knight which is a pretty good chest piece. and other stuff, but im still working on getting BS 450

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:47 am 
Chronicle Writer

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
Prophet Izaach wrote:

because a lot of the red aspect where tainted by deathwing after alexstraza goes missing pre-tbc.

ummm not really...its actually kinda the opposite...

Quote:
A powerful war party of the Black Dragonflight, led by the fearsome Twilight dragon, Halion, have launched an assault upon the Ruby Sanctum beneath Wyrmrest Temple. By destroying the sanctum, the Black Dragonflight look to crush those that would stand in the way of their master’s reemergence into Azeroth and to ultimately shatter the Wyrmrest Accord – the sacred bond that unites the dragonflights.

The battle that is to come will surely deal a crippling blow to the Red Dragonflight, however, it is up to you to stop this unprecedented offensive and defend the Ruby Sanctum. First you must face the assault of Halion's servants, Saviana Ragefire, Baltharus the Warborn, and General Zarithrian, before squaring off against Halion the Twilight Destroyer, a new and deadly force in this realm.

The Ruby Sanctum will feature 10- and 25-player content, Heroic difficulties and all-new rewards! Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to its release.

so its kinda the opposite...its a preemptive strike to stop the red dragon flight from interfering with Deathwing...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:52 am 
Loyal Member

^ Yea i read that on WoW.com XD... It does work with Cataclysm happening, i hope they have epic cinematics, maybe at the end of it, you fight on top of where deathwing will break through into azeroth! And after you beat the boss you hear a scary voice the ground breaks and u see a giant glow, but they dont show deathwing! that'd be cool.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:28 am 
Advanced Member

cuchulainn wrote:
Brago wrote:

ICC plate uses Titansteel, so ya, they're still used.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:22 pm 
Veteran Member

I like it. The description posted on the forum makes it seem less like "Just another wrath raid" but more like a Cataclysm teaser.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:11 pm 
Veteran Member

Lempi wrote:
I like it. The description posted on the forum makes it seem less like "Just another wrath raid" but more like a Cataclysm teaser.

not to mention its actually kind of a difficult fight. On par with LK normal and sindragosa, iirc.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:43 am 
Forum Legend

So who's the big boss of Ruby Sanctum?

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:23 am 

Damn, I feel tempted to come back to WoW when cata comes out.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:35 am 

ExSoldier wrote:
So who's the big boss of Ruby Sanctum?

Halion, he's a pink dragon.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:48 am 
Loyal Member

Infinite dragonflight ftw.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:54 am 

Tig3ress wrote:

But it's about the black dragon flight, not the wacko's who force me to help Arthas purge Stratholme.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:38 am 
Retired Admin

How do you guys feel about this?

I've discussed it with my guild and two main outcomes were shown.

1) WTF? This is Wrath of the Lich King! There is so much centered around the Lich King and his influence over the world. I say that if you want to release Ruby Sanctum, at least make it Mandatory to have downed LK or something. I know its sorta to do with Cataclysm, but do not want. Kinda throws away all the work i did for LK

2) This is pretty cool, i like the slide into Cataclysm. The fact that im not longer stuck at LK and we can move on to something more. I hope its fun and prepares me for Cataclysm

I'm personally somewhere in between the two.

I'm glad we are not stuck on LK, but its sad that he sorta gets forgotten.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:50 pm 
Loyal Member

takolin wrote:
Tig3ress wrote:

But it's about the black dragon flight, not the wacko's who force me to help Arthas purge Stratholme.

The lack of Chromie love is disturbing.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:54 pm 

Tig3ress wrote:
takolin wrote:
Tig3ress wrote:

The lack of Chromie love is disturbing.

I HATE CHROMIE

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:04 pm 
Advanced Member

Key-J wrote:
How do you guys feel about this?

I've discussed it with my guild and two main outcomes were shown.

1) WTF? This is Wrath of the Lich King! There is so much centered around the Lich King and his influence over the world. I say that if you want to release Ruby Sanctum, at least make it Mandatory to have downed LK or something. I know its sorta to do with Cataclysm, but do not want. Kinda throws away all the work i did for LK

2) This is pretty cool, i like the slide into Cataclysm. The fact that im not longer stuck at LK and we can move on to something more. I hope its fun and prepares me for Cataclysm

I'm personally somewhere in between the two.

I'm glad we are not stuck on LK, but its sad that he sorta gets forgotten.

But he must be forgotten if the world is to live free from the tyranny of fear! D=

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:07 am 
Forum Legend

Fuck Arthas. Illidan shoulda won that 1 on 1 against him in TFT :x

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:06 am 
Forum God

XemnasXD wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
Prophet Izaach wrote:

ummm not really...its actually kinda the opposite...

Quote:
A powerful war party of the Black Dragonflight, led by the fearsome Twilight dragon, Halion, have launched an assault upon the Ruby Sanctum beneath Wyrmrest Temple. By destroying the sanctum, the Black Dragonflight look to crush those that would stand in the way of their master’s reemergence into Azeroth and to ultimately shatter the Wyrmrest Accord – the sacred bond that unites the dragonflights.

The battle that is to come will surely deal a crippling blow to the Red Dragonflight, however, it is up to you to stop this unprecedented offensive and defend the Ruby Sanctum. First you must face the assault of Halion's servants, Saviana Ragefire, Baltharus the Warborn, and General Zarithrian, before squaring off against Halion the Twilight Destroyer, a new and deadly force in this realm.

The Ruby Sanctum will feature 10- and 25-player content, Heroic difficulties and all-new rewards! Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to its release.

so its kinda the opposite...its a preemptive strike to stop the red dragon flight from interfering with Deathwing...

Quote:
During the Second War, Deathwing finally found a way to conquer his greatest rivals. Deathwing could not wield the Demon Soul but it could be placed in the hands of one that would further his agenda.[20] A orc shaman named Zuluhed the Whacked received strange visions of a powerful artifact deep within the earth and with Doomhammer's permission he took his clan to search for their source. Zuluhed came upon the Demon Soul and took it for the Horde, but while he sensed the disk had the power to raise mountains and evaporate oceans, it was unresponsive to his shamanistic powers. The device was passed down to his lieutenant: the warlock Nekros Skullcrusher, whose magic the disk eagerly reciprocated.[21] Zuluhed and his clan searched for weeks for the dragons, finally spoting a lone wounded red male. They followed the sole dragon back to the red dragonflight's lair, a high mountain peak, where they came upon the Dragonqueen Alexstrasza herself, roosting with three of her consorts. The red Aspect immediately incinerated four orc warriors but before she could do anything more Nekros invoked the dark powers of the disk and subdued her. The Dragonmaw Clan used the Demon Soul to enslave Alexstrasza and a large portion of her flight.[22]

From capture to escape, an eight year span, Alexstrasza was forced to create more dragons to service the Horde in the war, and she cried for the deaths of her children and the deaths they caused.[23] Two of her consorts did not survive long, one perishing while trying to escape over the sea and the other dying of injuries inflicted by Deathwing, while her fourth and youngest avoided capture altogether. This left Alexstrasza with only her prime consort, Tyranastrasz, to produce dragons with for the orcs. [24] She often tried to defy Nekros, but the act of breaking one or more eggs in her presence assured her good behavior. The red dragonflight, once one of the strongest and proudest flights of dragons ever seen, were reduced to little more than the Horde's dogs of war.[25] The Horde quickly learned how to utilize the great leviathans, and the under the command of the orcs they wreaked havoc and bloodshed throughout the lands of the Alliance,[26] committing destructive acts such as setting the forests of Quel'thalas ablaze with dragonfire, [27] and the complete and total destruction of the third fleet of Kul Tiras.[26] The Alliance responded against the orc enslaved dragons with dwarven Gryphon riders, the two often meeting in the dogfights over the fields of Lordaeron and Khaz Modan. Throughout most of the Second War, and even a few years after its end, the settlements of the Alliance lived in constant fear of coming under attack by red dragons.

The reds who had avoided capture by the orcs were initially bewildered to find their queen had gone missing. The flight scattered to search for her, becoming easy prey for the vicious Deathwing and his black dragonflight. Isolated, leaderless, and confused, the reds fought back as best they could. When the blacks had been sufficiently pushed back the reds resumed their search and found the orcs were responsible for Alexstrasza and the rest of the flight's disappearance.[2] Her youngest consort, Korialstrasz, disguised as the mage Krasus of the Kirin Tor, sought a way to free his mate.[28]

so as i said thats how they are connected somewhat there is more to fill in a few blanks but red dragons at grim batol are with deathwing not alex to keep matters simple

they have always been connected

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:21 am 
Chronicle Writer

oh u...

Wong you have one of the worst cases of selective reading in history of this forum. There are three points that need to made that you seem to be overlooking.

1. The Dragonmaw Orcs were not allies of Deathwing nor were the red dragons they raised/used. He manipulated the Orcs so that they could capture Alexstrasza but the Horde used those dragons, not Deathwing. In fact the only reason why Alexstrasza got free was because Deathwing hatched a crazy plan to try and steal red dragon eggs from the orcs. He wouldn't have to steal them if they were under his control and he didn't manage to get away with any of them because during the battle of Grim Batol the other aspects showed up and the dragon soul was shattered so they beat the shit out of him and he went into hiding.

2. No where in the section that you linked does it give ANY credence to the theory that the Red Dragons at Grim Batol are allies of deathwing. Nor does it give any credence to the theory that Deathwing somehow tainted the red dragon flight. No one knows what the red dragons are up to at Grim Batol. The only possible link between Deathwing and Grim Batol now is that in Night of the Dragon he is supposedly hiding there plotting to use the empty base to experiment more with hidden dragon eggs from ALL flights. We know these experiments lead not to the creation of Corrupted Red/Blue/Green Drakes but to the new Twilight Dragonflight. We also know now for certain that Deathwing has been hiding in Deepholm so that throws the canon of Night of the Dragon into question but there might be an explanation revealed later. Still, we do know that Deathwing does not have access to a small army of corrupted red drakes, theres no proof of that anywhere except for in your mind...

3. Lastly, the thing i quoted in my initial post TELLS YOU WHY THEY ARE THERE. It makes it very clear that they choose to attack the Ruby Sanctum and if you read the text from the NPC in the encounter its even more clear. They are not attacking the Ruby Sanctum because of some made up taint. They there to wreck the place, break up the Wyrmrest Accord, and steal some eggs if they can get away with it...

i swear you stay in a constant state of foot in mouth...

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:59 am 
Forum God

look mate it was late i tried to find the most relevent post without hours of searching lol i added the bit about grim batol cus i cba to go find it but regardles of what i post my point is the black dragons will go for the red dragons first they are the most closely connected, bronze are out with their own problems, blues are far from able to fight right now after malys death, green are fighting in the dream world red are the only ones who are a threat they also have a grudge with the blacks they dam near hunted them to near extiniction

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:32 pm 
Chronicle Writer

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
look mate it was late i tried to find the most relevent post without hours of searching lol i added the bit about grim batol cus i cba to go find it but regardles of what i post my point is the black dragons will go for the red dragons first they are the most closely connected, bronze are out with their own problems, blues are far from able to fight right now after malys death, green are fighting in the dream world red are the only ones who are a threat they also have a grudge with the blacks they dam near hunted them to near extiniction

should have just said that in the first place instead of the BS you posted earlier... :palm:

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:13 pm 
Forum God

but if your going to attack someone you take out the weaker links blacks really should have gone for the blue, or green maybe bronze but they are a lil more tricky as they are spread accross time unless the infinite dragons are related to deathwing insted of the speculated noz..what-ever his-name-is

so my point is they went red because they had more history with them and maybe deathwing had something to prove

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:27 am 
Chronicle Writer

Lorewise dragon flights have always been tricky when it comes to helping out the mortal races. They normally don't get involved unless something of epic proportions is threatening the planet. Even during the War of the Ancients the dragonflights were one of the last parties to show up and the most skeptical about their involvement. Right now most of them are preoccupied with other threats so they don't really pose a problem to Deathwing, yeah he could hurt them badly but then he'd be exposed to the greater threat of Red Dragonflight.

He's not at full power now obviously so say you've got 4 targets and you're at full health, 3 of them have res sickness and only have 5% of their health left but one of them is at full health with full buffs. Now you could open against one of the weaker ones and you might kill them but even with everyone elses damage being complete shit between them and the full buff guy protecting his friend and dealing damage you'll die fairly quickly. Or you could opening against the full health guy. With him CC'd and getting worn down you could probably finish off the 3 weakened targets without issue and then keep on fighting the real threat. This isn't an all out assault with deathwings entire force being thrown at it. This is his opener. He's trying to weaken the strongest opponent so when he does show up they won't pose such a great threat to him. Opening against one of the weaker ones is a waste of time. He exposes himself to the threat of everyone and the only dragonflight who can stop him can throw their full weight against him, not very smart...

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:06 pm 
Forum God

but thats under the assumption the reds dont fall back to help save and recover the fallen flights giving him time to push forward or recover keeping in mind he has to go against everyone here no real decent allies