Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: How was I doing in WoW...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:42 am 

Hey there.

I might return. It really depends on Blizzard whether they give my account back or not, since it got hacked while I wasn't around. If you don't care or just don't want to read a lot then you should stop here.

The whole story began in 2005, when I bought my World of Warcraft. After so much Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo my friends and I wanted to try out something different. Blizzard has been entertaining us for years so of course we started to play with their new game. I never forget the moment when I first logged in and saw the 3D version of undeads, orcs, taurens and trolls (I know Warcraft was somewhat 3D but this was different). So I've made a tauren shaman and started my adventures in Azeroth. I didn't want to reach level 60 so fast so I took my time and read ever single quest word by word, enjoying the lore that the game gives you. It was easy to visit every single dungeon because we were 5 so we didn't have to look for other members. Leveling was really entertaining and fast for me. I used two-handed weapons, which was really awesome after getting windfury. I never forget when we first went into Gnomeregan, took us some time to get there including with several deaths. The whole instance was a maze for us. Those tiny little monsters who called for reinforments if you let them alarm made us to wipe a few times. We also joined battlegrounds every x9 levels to have some fun. We were playing on a normal server so outdoor pvp was not that common but not that rare either. After a few weeks of questing and instancing we finally reached 50 and moved into Western Plaguelands which was my favourite place and still is. My main goal was to level up my reputation with Argent Down just by grinding, so I've killed tons of undead mobs there, but of course you can never kill enough. Sometimes some alliance players interrupted my spanking so I just turned on my pvp status and forced them to attack me so I could clear the zone. After 55 or so my friends decided to move on and joined some guilds, so I reached level 60 alone. I felt like I shouldn't join a guild before leveling up my primary and secondary professions so at the cap my main goal was to level up all those and some neccessary reputations. Getting pvp items wasn't that easy and simple in vanilla wow so I kept pugging instances. Stratholme and Scholomance were fun but took too much time to do a full run and we usually died after a few bosses with pugs. Finally I've reached everything that I wanted - reputations, professions etc. - and decided to join a decent guild since I was playing almost 24/7. My first guild was Away From Keyboard. We were doing well in Molten Core, Ahn'Giraj, Blackwing Lair and Onyxia's Lair but never seen the old Naxxramas. Sadly I cannot attach any of my old screenies.

Vanilla WoW was fun, I enjoyed it so much. When The Burning Crusade came out I was really excited. Before the expansion came out I started to stack up potions, bandages and some buff foods so I could stay out and level up as fast as I just could. We reached the Dark Portal together with my guildies, took some screenshots and moved into Outland. After a few levels I decided to respec from enhancement to restoration so I could help my guildies with instances. On the other hand on that spec it was also easier to find a group, but solo leveling wasn't that fun. A few of us were leveling fast, but the rest of the guild was slow so it took some time to have 10, well-geared peeps for Karazhan raids. While others were leveling 5 or 6 of us were already 70 and we were doing tons of dungeon runs for reputation. Since we had that much time we managed to reach exalted with almost everything. Leveling up Scryers and Aldor reputation was hell of a fun. We split into two group. Every group had a tank, healer and a dps. Shadowmoon Valley was our place to do the aoe business. The only thing that was sad for me was that I changed my gear really fast. I worked so much for tier-2 and I had to throw it in my Bank, but BC offered us a brand new dungeon set, which was okay. Reputation epics were also cool and had almost the same stats as some Karazhan loots. After a few weeks of guesting, farming, grinding we managed to make our first raid. We barely knew anything about Karazhan and there weren't any guides either so we had to figure everything out by ourselfs (actually that's how you suppose to raid). It took us some time to clear the dungeon but we were having even more fun than in pre-BC. The Burning Crusade was different (no shit sherlock), not just because the content was different and reputation was really important. You could do a lot of things out of raiding, since the previously mentioned were needed you had to run several 5-man instances. The guild never slept, there was always at least one group who was in one of the dungeons. We slowly geared up and gathered 25 men for the following raid-instances. We clear Gruul's Lair pretty fast, server horde first, and moved in Tempest Keep and Serpentshrine Cavern and this is where things went bad. We really stucked and players were quiting or moving somewhere else because we wanted to raid more and they just didn't have that time for it. 90% of my friends moved somewhere else or just stopped playing. Finally we solved the problem and worked together with another guild. After a few raids we decided to create a new guild called Divinum (actually AFK turned into Honor Code in BC) and this is where I stopped playing. Everything was so different, the raid leader was a jerk and the new members thought that they are the king of the awesomeness. I was so upset, so I deleted my character and left everything behind.

Of course someone who has have tried World of Warcraft can tell it is really hard to quit the game so it was for me. After a few months break I bought it again and rolled a hunter. I've decided to level it up as fast as possible. Took me 4 days 22 hours to reach 70, before the xp nerf and other things. I had to start grinding up my reputation again. I've joined some random guild and started to gear up. My dps was way higher than anyone's else so I had to move on. I was changing guilds every second month or so. I was climbing up on that imaginary ladder to be in the top ones again. I've cleared TK, SSC, BT and a few bosses in Sunwell aswell, but the sh*t always comes when the least expected. This time it is called Wrath of the Lich King. The history repeated itself. I've started farming, spent all my day with that. Tamed a gorilla for leveling, crafted some arrow crates, made tons of potions and buff foods 10 times more than I did in pre-BC and I logged out in Tarren Mill and was waiting for the opening. I might be able to attach a screen if my friend still has it.

So once again a new but basically the same period began. My guild was okay, it was in the top 5 so we wanted to go into Naxxramas as fast as it was possibly. There were players everywhere I could barely grind on mobs and get my quests done. It would have been fast if I were alone there, but they slowed me down. I had to do even the most lamest quests in groups just to avoid the respawn time. After a while I found myself alone in higher level zones. It turned out I was leveling kinda fast. While the rest of the server was spanking in Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord I was already somewhere between Dragonblight and Zul'Drak. Sadly I could not manage to reach level 80 as the server's first hunter, but I really had the chance to get it. The situation was the same as in BC, just a few of us leveled up fast, so we could start doing 5-man runs, finishing all the quests in Northrend, leveling up professions etc.

Sadly I could not start raiding as it was planned. I had to learn a lot RL and had to play less WoW. I've decided to join a casual guild that had less raids. We were just doing fine, the contect was really really easy, I was really disappointed. I found myself in the Military Quarted after just a few raids.
Spoiler!

Our 10 man group was also doing fine, we killed Kel'Thuzard pretty fast. Thanks god my dps was good so I was always in every raids.
Spoiler!

The whole content was a joke, I managed to clear naxxramas with a casual guild, killed Sartharion with 1 drake on the first pull. The only boss that made us to wipe a few times was Malygos in 25 man, but I think it was just really because we were basically slacking all the time and we lost our motivation.
Spoiler!

Since I had a lot of free time, I made some alts as a farming character. Potions were expensive so I wanted to make a paladin for farming herb and ores, so I could pick up Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting with my main for some extra dps boost. I also had some time to slack on alliance side so I've made a level 80 there aswell. And in my free time I groupped up with my old guildies from Divinum and killed all the town bosses and of course collecting the parts of the Noble Deck. When I was really bored I was trying to make a new User Interface. These are some random pictures about all those stuff, didn't post more about my shaman because it was another story how I leveled up on alliance side.
Spoiler!

So everything went fine, but I wanted more as always. So I've decided to join one of the top guilds on the server. I've cleared Ulduar with them. In my opinion that was another easy dungeon. The thing the caused the most trouble was Naxxramas. We thought this will be just the same and it wasn't. We were taking the whole instance so easy and didn't pay attention to anything. Yes it was easy if you focus. So after a few wipe days we started taking it as a serious business. Bosses died one by one.
Spoiler!

On this picture we were moving to Mimiron which was my favourite boss and somehow one of my guild member managed to jump out from that moving thingy. We lol'd.
Spoiler!

And finally Yogg-Saron went AFK.
Spoiler!

Of course I was doing PvP and reputation, achievement farming. The first picture happened after a few hours when that event came out, I was the second or third on the server who managed to get the title.
Spoiler!

Well sorry for my English I'm not a native one. I hope I can find some more pictures and post if someone wants to see them. If you have the time and want to please share your WoW-history with me aswell.

Thanks for reading if you did so.
~Buddhist

Last edited by Buddhist on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: How was I doing in WoW...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:12 pm 
Ex-Staff

Need some old school pics.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:54 pm 

SM-Count wrote:
Need some old school pics.

Need my old winchester.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:08 am 
Forum Legend

I don't know why,but I read the whole thing :D Makes me remember of my very own Pre-WotlK memories :D

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:12 pm 
Frequent Member

I read it all too and it just makes me wish I started playing in vanilla, I started right before WOTLK and always wished they would make a realm that was just vanilla wow so i could do all those old school raids and what not.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:31 pm 
Ex-Staff

Mcclane wrote:
I read it all too and it just makes me wish I started playing in vanilla, I started right before WOTLK and always wished they would make a realm that was just vanilla wow so i could do all those old school raids and what not.

Getting 2 shot by rogues from behind is not as much fun as you think, unless you're the rogue or you're into that kind of stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:01 pm 
Frequent Member

:sohappy:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:10 pm 
Forum Legend

Need some pictures tbh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:05 am 

Priam wrote:
Need some pictures tbh.

Thanks it was already mentioned, unfortunatly my old winchester is dead so I cannot restore my tbc and pre bc pictures.