Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Just started playing the game again.
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:51 am 

Before I went to ZSZC, my mind was set on WoW but now it's gotten boring and laggy, so I'm gonna actually buy WoW again. My friend's gonna give me gold so I can level fast. But I don't know what class I want?

Here's some stuff that I like.
I like to DPS.
I don't like being the most important guy in the group(we wipe, fingers pointed at you)
Leveling fast!
And this is my personal preference, but I'd like to look like a badass when I hit 80. :P

Thanks for the help! :love:

Post subject: Re: Just started playing the game again.
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:29 am 
Retired Admin

Seji wrote:
Before I went to ZSZC, my mind was set on WoW but now it's gotten boring and laggy, so I'm gonna actually buy WoW again. My friend's gonna give me gold so I can level fast. But I don't know what class I want?

Here's some stuff that I like.
I like to DPS.
I don't like being the most important guy in the group(we wipe, fingers pointed at you)
Leveling fast!
And this is my personal preference, but I'd like to look like a badass when I hit 80. :P

Thanks for the help! :love:

Welcome back to WoW =)

Make sure, that before you buy wow. Your friend gives you a RAF (Recruit, A Friend) reference. This will allow you to get 3x Experience from both Mobs and Quests. So instead of getting like 5k you might get 15k (not sure if its exactly 3x). Your friend will need to lvl a new Char with you as well, but if you get another friend or guildy to Run you through Dungeons. You should have no issue getting to 60 in a couple days (RAF cuts out at 60)

If you like being DPS then all Classes are open to you.
Pure DPS
Mage (Range)
Hunter (Range)
Warlock (Range)
Rogue (Melee)

Hybrid DPS
Pally (Melee)
DK (Melee) [Not Available To You Since It's Your First Char
Warrior (Melee)
Priest (Range)
Shamman (Melee/Range)
Druid (Melee/Range)

If you dont want to have blame pointed at you, then dont be a Tank or Healer. However, as a DPS you must also watch how much threat you pull and when/what you pull when Raiding, because you can get the finger pointed at you, its a fact of WoW.

To lvl fast, you need either a High DPS output or a good resistance.

If you wana be a badass at 80 then you are left with 1 char that fills the other Criteria.

Retribution Pally
This Class is considered to be a bit Over Powered (OP) and holds a slight negative connotation with the other classes, but the largest Class numbers in wow are Pallys. So if you wana be a bad ass, level fast, and do good dps. Pally is the way to go.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:33 am 

You do not want to lvl as a paladin. It's dull for the first 50 levels until you get crusader strike. All you do is pull with exorcism, judge and melee to death.

I'd say make an ele shaman. Leveling as elemental is quite good, it's not as fast as enhancement but it's a lot easier and more interesting. When you get do lvl 80 you provide great raid/party buffs and decent dps without having a complicated roll. Rarely will you asked to kite or CC something so you won't be "that guy who screws up, because he failed to kite zombies at gluth".

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:08 am 
Veteran Member

If you want to level fast and have a pure DPS class, Hunter or Warlock (Affliction) is the way to go.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:17 am 
Valued Member

this is slightly off topic but I also have a question about WoW :P I played the trial like 3 times and rly liked the game. im also rly getting sick of sro because of traffic and yeah you know what the problems are with sro. so yeah id like to give wow a try. however i know u have to pay monthly but I don't have access to a paypal account or a credit card to pay online, so is there another way I could pay the monthly fees? like go to the shop and buy some kind of gamecard or something im not rly sure. if there is a way, ill prolly start playing WoW even though ill be a noob at the beginning xD

aight thanks in advance

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:18 am 
Veteran Member

mick3201 wrote:
this is slightly off topic but I also have a question about WoW :P I played the trial like 3 times and rly liked the game. im also rly getting sick of sro because of traffic and yeah you know what the problems are with sro. so yeah id like to give wow a try. however i know u have to pay monthly but I don't have access to a paypal account or a credit card to pay online, so is there another way I could pay the monthly fees? like go to the shop and buy some kind of gamecard or something im not rly sure. if there is a way, ill prolly start playing WoW even though ill be a noob at the beginning xD

aight thanks in advance

You have to buy the game + expansions and you can get 2-month game cards in shops etc etc

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:21 am 
Valued Member

ok thx ill go to the shop this weekend and check if they have the gamecards. would be cool :P cuz im seriously sick and tired of isro. thx btw

and Seji, I would answe ur question, but I dont know much about classes and stuff xD. but during the trial I made a tauren warrior and a gnome mage. I rly liked both even though I was capped at lv 20 -_-

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:21 pm 
Retired Admin

Mick3201,

Just remember when you buy the Original wow. You are only going to be able to lvl to 60.

You will then have to buy The Burning Crusade expansion pack to get to 70 and then Wrath of the Lich King expansion to get to 80. Each time you buy/activate an expansion you get a month of free time. So if you activate them spaced out, you can save money on a game card for a while. and don't worry, come August-ish or after the Cataclyzm expansion will come out, but i wouldnt even bother with that until you at least hit 80 or more, or it gets close to the release date.

Personally, since your going to be starting fresh, i would buy the Battle Chest. It includes a game card(?) the Original (Vanilla) wow and The BC expansion. It's bundled and costs a little less than if you buy the two separately. (Check your local store for sure)

If you can try to get a RAF (Recruit a Friend) from someone who you know that is already playing wow, it helps lots with leveling.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:59 pm 
Veteran Member

Key-J wrote:
Mick3201,

Just remember when you buy the Original wow. You are only going to be able to lvl to 60.

You will then have to buy The Burning Crusade expansion pack to get to 70 and then Wrath of the Lich King expansion to get to 80. Each time you buy/activate an expansion you get a month of free time. So if you activate them spaced out, you can save money on a game card for a while. and don't worry, come August-ish or after the Cataclyzm expansion will come out, but i wouldnt even bother with that until you at least hit 80 or more, or it gets close to the release date.

Personally, since your going to be starting fresh, i would buy the Battle Chest. It includes a game card(?) the Original (Vanilla) wow and The BC expansion. It's bundled and costs a little less than if you buy the two separately. (Check your local store for sure)

If you can try to get a RAF (Recruit a Friend) from someone who you know that is already playing wow, it helps lots with leveling.

Afaik you get 30 days from the actual game, the expansions don't give you anything, at least it didn't happen to me :<

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:13 pm 
Advanced Member

iGod's right, no free game time with expansions, just vanilla.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:00 am 
Retired Admin

Hokay, my bad.