Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hunters
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:22 am 
Veteran Member

Okay so I gave up on my SBIAWTCMPOOGWTWITST* rogue, and went back to my hunter.

Currently 62, and I was wondering how are hunters in end game for pvp and pve?

*(So Boring I Actually Wanted To Cut My Penis Off... Or Go Watch Twlight, Which Is The Same Thing)

Post subject: Re: Hunters
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:37 am 
Retired Admin

Hahahaahaha.

I like that Acronym, but dont think i'll be using it much.

I was actually leveling a Hunter before the Holidays, got to like 7X, Beast Master all the way, and i was doing really good. A small Death ratio, well big compared to when i was leveling my Warrior, but yeah.

I hear that it's best not to have Beastmastery.At endgame, and i know Hunters can be / are highest DPS in Raids.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:39 am 
Elite Member

Key-J wrote:
Hahahaahaha.

I like that Acronym, but dont think i'll be using it much.

I was actually leveling a Hunter before the Holidays, got to like 7X, Beast Master all the way, and i was doing really good. A small Death ratio, well big compared to when i was leveling my Warrior, but yeah.

I hear that it's best not to have Beastmastery.At endgame, and i know Hunters can be / are highest DPS in Raids.

Yeah beast mastery is a pure leveling spec. Hunters used to be really amazing dps. They still are, as is any pure DPS class, but Rogues usually top the meters. As Ret, I personally am in contention for the top 1-3 spots against the other dps in my guild.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:26 am 

Fire mage ftw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:16 pm 
Veteran Member

takolin wrote:
Fire mage ftw

I have a 70 mage too, but I also have a shadow priest and a Warlock so I'd rather not have another caster. Just want to have some fun mainly. Getting so bored with wrath content now.

I am currently BM with all the BoA gear, including haste trinkets for the little healing they give back, but I was considering switching to MM and leveling with pvp and instances.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:49 pm 

If you would like to become the best hunter you have to watch this first.

Just a few tips. The best part for being a hunter is leveling. I've already leveled up like 3 hunters and still can't get bored. My main is a hunter of course it would be this toon. Beast Mastery is just the best in wow. You can either tame exotic pets or just normal cool looking pets for leveling or just for flexing. Of course there are differences between them but not so big (in one tree - tenacity, ferocity or cunning). Also you can solo almost everything during your leveling up to 80. As you were saying you want to be an MM hunter for doing bgs and instances. The cool part of it is that all the three trees are good for doing those. So if you are bored and you just want to switch to try it out you can and you will still kicking ass.

Being an endgame hunter is not as good as being a low level hunter. I hardly disagree with curve, because hunters are NOT topping the meters. Depends on your raid setup and guild of course but if you check the world top dpsers and you skip the shadowf@gs then you can see the result. This might change in the future as it was different back then. But there is always something that you can do as a hunter at the cap aswell. Just a few screenes and I'm out for now, got an exam tomorrow so I should sleep instead of being here.

Spoiler!

Turned out I did not make any screen while I was soloing Karazhan, BC heroics, ZG and some other instances/raid dungeons. I'll try to make moar in the future.

/outfornow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:19 pm 
Veteran Member

Well this is actually my third hunter, but this is the only one I have taken past 60, currently 64.

Leveling with BM and I bought dual spec as I had some spare gold, so I'm switching to MM in instances. BM is far too pet dependant to be good in randoms, otherwise I would use it all the time.

Not really sure what pet I should take. I've had the Wolf from Ramparts since 58 and I love it, but it can't hold aggro very well, but is great for MM as it does good damage. I can't switch pets away from the stable until 80, so I don't know if I should keep the Wolf or get a Bear for both specs, with growl and TT disabled, ofc.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:01 pm 

Lempi wrote:
Well this is actually my third hunter, but this is the only one I have taken past 60, currently 64.

Leveling with BM and I bought dual spec as I had some spare gold, so I'm switching to MM in instances. BM is far too pet dependant to be good in randoms, otherwise I would use it all the time.

Not really sure what pet I should take. I've had the Wolf from Ramparts since 58 and I love it, but it can't hold aggro very well, but is great for MM as it does good damage. I can't switch pets away from the stable until 80, so I don't know if I should keep the Wolf or get a Bear for both specs, with growl and TT disabled, ofc.

Neither of the pets can hold your aggro if you are shooting too hard. As you were saying you are in BoA stuff so you are pretty well geared. I'd go for gorilla, core hound or turtle, but bear is just fine aswell. Pick a tenacity pet tho, so you can talent on growl and so.
http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/skills/ ... acity.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:22 pm 
Veteran Member

Buddhist wrote:
Neither of the pets can hold your aggro if you are shooting too hard. As you were saying you are in BoA stuff so you are pretty well geared. I'd go for gorilla, core hound or turtle, but bear is just fine aswell. Pick a tenacity pet tho, so you can talent on growl and so.
http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/skills/ ... acity.html

I thought bear as they have Swipe skill which is similar to a druids Swipe and will be able to hold aggro better than something that rely on Thunderstomp for multiple mobs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:55 am 

Bears win for AoE agro.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:40 am 
Veteran Member

Oh, here's my armory if you want to take a look at my spec or whatever.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... chrodinger

I'm finding that I hardly use my MM spec. Spent 1k for nothing really as with my gear, I do around the same damage in BM as I do MM. At least I have it though so I don't need to worry in future.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:48 am 

^I assume that you do not know why MM is the current main spec for hunters. MM gets strong after ~800 'gear' armor penetration ( means you are not gemmed on arp but you already have 800 ). You can still pewpew on survival or MM with agi gems and you won't be doing worse dps. BM is a little bit different at cap, blizzard nerfed it with nerfing steady shot and changing readiness. It is normal that you are doing the same damage with both MM and BM. This will change above 70 when you can stack up enough stats from gear.

For me even dual spec is not enough, I have to retalent like in every second day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:29 am 

Bleh, guild master doesn't want to start with RS until we down the king.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:37 pm 

Whoops, last post was for the other thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:27 pm 
Veteran Member

Made a hunter, lv 21 now, most fun class I ever played.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:51 pm 
Chronicle Writer

lvling one too mainly for the pets and some pvp fun, he's lvl 30...hopefully 80 and with Skoll and Arcturis by Cata :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:03 pm 
Veteran Member

Hunter's level 80 now, 4.4k gs, and sneaking my way into raids.. liking it alot.. already doing 4k single target dps on dummies xD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:44 pm 
Veteran Member

Grats. Mine is still 70 lol

Working on my priest at the moment as I'm not sure I would like Hunter in cataclysm