Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: The gold game...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:50 am 
Loyal Member

How do you make your gold? I'm struggling for funds atm (transfered my hunter to horde to play with a good rl friend) and I could use some pointers.

Any general gold making tips, other than 'Play the AH' would be super :)

Post subject: Re: The gold game...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:50 am 
Frequent Member

You can do Dailies or farm heroics.

One random heroic is like one daily I guess claims my friend, plus in a heroic you have a chance to win some stuff you can just vendor.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:28 pm 
Advanced Member

I make most of my money from tanking for GDKPs. I've got a pretty decent rep amongst a few PuG leaders, so I get spots fairly easily. (being a tank is a bonus) With next to no upgrades left for me in PuGable content, leaves nothing but profit for the most part.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:23 pm 
Veteran Member

I make my money from farming, and luck. I found the time-lost proto drake, tagged it and then logged my account and said what I had done in trade. 10mins later, I was 20k richer and some guy had a new mount.

I also level quite a lot of alts which bring in decent amounts of gold.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:40 pm 
Retired Admin

Most of my money came from Farming. Mining to be exact.

I did play the AH back in the BC days, i haven't played it in a while though, so i don't get a lot of money from there anymore.

N another thing i do, is i get a lot of my Greens DE'd. N sell the mats.

What sucks, is that i now have in my bank a shit load of mats, that are going to go down in price when Cata comes out, and i don't have game-time :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:26 pm 

I'm soloing old raid instances, such as Molten Core, Zul'gurub and Karazhan. Karazhan brings me the most money. I'm looting everything and thanks to my alts I can make bolts from netherweave cloths and disenchant all the greenies that drop during the run. I get a lot of gold by just looting mobs but it takes some time to clear it. I hate doing dailies if they do not give achivements.

This week MC made me the most money, 8750g thanks to the two enchanting recipes that dropped.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:42 pm 
Veteran Member

Buddhist wrote:
I'm soloing old raid instances, such as Molten Core, Zul'gurub and Karazhan. Karazhan brings me the most money. I'm looting everything and thanks to my alts I can make bolts from netherweave cloths and disenchant all the greenies that drop during the run. I get a lot of gold by just looting mobs but it takes some time to clear it. I hate doing dailies if they do not give achivements.

This week MC made me the most money, 8750g thanks to the two enchanting recipes that dropped.

I got one of those today on my weekly MC clear. Put it on AH for 10k but a guildie saw it and offered 8k for it, so I sold it to her.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:58 pm 

Lempi wrote:
Buddhist wrote:

I got one of those today on my weekly MC clear. Put it on AH for 10k but a guildie saw it and offered 8k for it, so I sold it to her.

Sadly it's pretty common on arathor.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:38 am 
Forum God

if you know what your doing 20mins a day in ah = 1k longer you spend the more

taking it easy i was getting over 1k a week, until now iv had enough money to do pretty much anything i want iv got the most expensive mounts, bought some nice gear even though it was only minor upgrades shit like that, bribe the roll winner sometimes they dont mind selling their newly won item for hard cash

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:36 am 
Elite Member

Dailies, random heroics. My biggest money maker was selling Primordial Saronites.

Even now at only 500g a pop, that's nothing but pure profit. I was sad when I transferred servers and learned there was a 20,000g cap.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:15 pm 
Loyal Member

Yeah that's my problem, I swapped to Horde to win BGs (for epic leveling and such) and was only allowed to take 1k gold over with me. I left most items on my main, and have hit struggle street in terms of money making.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:49 pm 

Observing patch notes can be a huge bonus. I jumped in on the artic furs trade it for heavy borean when it was fairly new, I made a HUGE amount that day, same with the new arrows/bullets. A friend bought the recipe, and we jumped the gun. Sice I had stacks of shadow (w/e there called) we made about 3 bank full of arrows/bullets. We sold them at about 20-30g/stack. My early money came from leveling up mining and farming the fire elementals/nature elemental thingies in Wintergrasp. When i got enchanting I would go to regular toc(instance) and DE all the loot we didn't need. Abyss sold for about 50/g ea. and since i was fairly geared with my friends, we could finish it in no time.

On a side note, you could also place an item at X amount in a neutral AH. Go on your main, and buy it off. You may loss a couple hundred gold(tax i beleive), but its the only way to transfer it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:03 am 

Transmute meta gems and cut them on my alt.
Transmute saronite into titanium bars when the profit margin is high enough.
Sell ICC ammo.

And apart from those, doing dailies, heroics and other shit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:27 am 
Elite Member

From what I've been reading Enchanting seems to be very important, and people often talk about asking some enchanter to disenchant the items you don't need so you can sell the mats, but my question is, is there any disadvantage on choosing Enchanting or is it a good viable option for my first char/main?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:25 am 

Thee_UniQue wrote:
From what I've been reading Enchanting seems to be very important, and people often talk about asking some enchanter to disenchant the items you don't need so you can sell the mats, but my question is, is there any disadvantage on choosing Enchanting or is it a good viable option for my first char/main?

Simply put, no. For a first character it is not a good option. It takes a fairly high amount of time/money to level up enchanting, well at least for me it did. Especially around the BC content area. Enchanters also make very little profit, I would typically make 5-10g tip per item, and would get at best 50g for a rare enchant. Enchanters became even less valuable due to the added "disenchant" function which is now available. For a first character I would go with gathering professions, mining is most definitely advised, and for a second profession I typically go with skinning as it is easy and can bring in quite a bit of cash if you know how. After you've accumulated a fair enough amount of cash, THEN you can just powerlevel your way through better professions(via buying mats through AH) With this method I leveled up Both JC/Enchanting within 3 days to 450. JC took 1 day, whilst Enchanting took a bit longer, I farmed some of the more expensive mats myself.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:55 am 

What you can do as well is level herbalism and alchemy together.
Herbs are a lot more abundant while leveling than mining nodes and it should be easy enough to get high enough with your own mats.

And alchemy is a decent money maker at the cap.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:05 pm 
Forum God

Enchanting is bad for a first character but dont mistake it, it is one of the easiest ways to make money DE then sell, as for tips thats the worse way to make money from your profession you will barly get 4/5 a day maybe 10 tops if your selling yourself but stil bad way to make gold

mining/jewelcrafting
herbing/alchemy

are the two best combos for new charcters

later you can try
tailoring/enchanting

but only when you get to a point where you have gold can you take on either 2 gathering professions or mix and match like right now iv got jewelcrafting/enchanting its rather expensive to level up to 525 was ok at 450 i got bonus's from both which helped in raiding

But in general for just making gold, my personal favorite method is, buying and selling its easy. you buy things in demand and sell for higher you can mix in your professions too buy ore prospect, cut gems sell or just sell the gems normally you can buy litterally anything from any of the 4 expansions and sell for profit it dont have to sell fast just has to sell at the end of the day

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:42 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

z0mg

I just started playing again and i'm on a new server. Even if I wasn't, I wouldn't have gold.

I tried to put up some herbs but accidentally put the price as per unit instead of per stack.

Because it was 48 hours, I decided to wait to get my deposit back, seeing how much gold I have (take a look at my bags in the screenshot and the amount of gold on me).

Then, I woke up to this:

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:12 pm 
Elite Member

Woah that's really nice.

I have like 311 gold on my level 33 Prot/Fury warrior from selling leather, greens and cloth on the AH.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:33 pm 
Forum God

iv got up to 9k gold and im prolly going to settle now, i had less then 1k after starting to level my professions quests got me to 3k so i made 6k simple from buying ore and prospecting as simple as but as i said before buying and selling is a simple way to make gold i buy ore prospect and sell on

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:49 am 

/Played time: 4 Days 7 hours 56 Minutes
Most Gold ever owned: 17273g 5s 7c
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:17 am 
Frequent Member

Heosphoros wrote:
/Played time: 4 Days 7 hours 56 Minutes
Most Gold ever owned: 17273g 5s 7c
Spoiler!

I was super jelly when you told me that you made 15k in a day.

I put up 3 stacks of Felweed for 750g each and they sold like the next day plus some iron ore, tin ore that I had up, and this level 85 caster enchant that I bought for 1k and sold for 1.2k. Now I am up to 5.7k gold total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:57 pm 
Banned User

Got hacked at 80, got my account back with all my gear but an added 16k gold. I lol'd

And pfffgt k-town iss summerd sall round, i never knews how good the summers cene was herw!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:26 pm 
Forum God

15k isnt a lot nor is it hard to make, espeshially when you consider a lot of the cooler things sold in the ah mounts and such will sell for 15k onwards (minus tailoring/engineering specific mounts) but ones that can be used globally all the way up to a spectral which will set you back easily 40k+ gold depending who is selling it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:17 am 
Elite Member

Ugh my friend who was levelling with me got hacked and they used his accout to advertise. Because of that he got perma banned. :(

This sucks I feel really bad for him and I'm hoping it doesn't happen to me.

On-topic: At 700G on my Undead Warrior but decided to create a Draenei Mage, changed my entire UI and started messing around with macros, having a good time. Too bad you can't mail gold and items to an alliance character. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:43 am 
Frequent Member

Thee_UniQue wrote:
Ugh my friend who was levelling with me got hacked and they used his accout to advertise. Because of that he got perma banned. :(

On-topic: At 700G on my Undead Warrior but decided to create a Draenei Mage, changed my entire UI and started messing around with macros, having a good time. Too bad you can't mail gold and items to an alliance character. :(

Neutral AH.

Put something up on the neutral AH for the amount you want to send to your Alliance then buy it with your horde.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:05 am 

Juicy wrote:
Neutral AH.

Put something up on the neutral AH for the amount you want to send to your Alliance then buy it with your horde.

That last time I tried I couldn't. The game didn't let me buy my own auctions on any of my toons.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:55 am 
Elite Member

Yup I tried that and it didn't work.

I did it on the AH in Undercity and didn't change anything, so idk about this Neutral AH.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:06 pm 
Elite Member

Thee_UniQue wrote:

Blizzard is actually really good at recovering accounts. All he has to do is call them up and talk with them for an hour or so.

A friend of mine got hacked while I was online once. I ticketed it and 15 minutes later the account was blocked. Then another 45 minutes and she had her stuff back completely.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:27 am 
Frequent Member

Thee_UniQue wrote:
Yup I tried that and it didn't work.

I did it on the AH in Undercity and didn't change anything, so idk about this Neutral AH.

Undercity isn't a part of the Neutral AH system though, you have to go to Gadgetzan or Booty Bay.