Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: How was it for you?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:49 am 
Elite Member

So I just decided to try out the WoW trial just to see if I enjoyed it, and I must say I'm not having as much fun as I taught I would have.

I'm playing a Gnome Mage, level 8 at the moment (maybe that's why it isn't fun).

So I was wondering, how was it like for you guys in the start? Were you instantly addicted? Was it boring in the beginning but then turned out awesome?

Post subject: Re: How was it for you?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:10 am 
Frequent Member

For me, I found it fun right off the bat because I had a friend there with me leveling and questing together. Having someone that you actually know in rl makes it a blast for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:36 am 
Frequent Member

I had a blast right off the bat, but the further you go, the better it gets. Once your class gets more defining abilities, and especially once you cap and start raiding, then it's at its peak.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:19 am 
Advanced Member

First time I played the game, I was bored as all hell. You really do need someone to talk to while you're playing, and being able to level with someone is even better still.

Though to be fair, mages can take a little while to get use to, because you do have a tad more downtime then some other classes due to having to drink, but after a while that gets to be a minor inconvinience.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:20 pm 
Veteran Member

When I started playing I found it quite boring. It took me about 2 weeks of playing a small amount each day to get to level 20, but then I met a girl who helped me with a quest, and we leveled together until around level 50 when she moved realm with her cousin.

I was really enjoying the game at that point though so I was happy to carry on alone. As the others said, it's really nice playing with others, even if it's just somebody to talk to.

I found my mage to be incredibly boring though, and I still do even though I got it to level 70. It's one of the hardest classes to solo with at lower levels and has a lot of downtime. You should try something easier... Maybe a Hunter (which gets good at level 10 when you get a pet) or a warlock.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:31 pm 
Forum God

Though I am just playing on a private server until I can afford the retail I found it quite nice even if I havent done a single instance and always waited until I am 3-5 levels higher for a group quest I have enjoyed it alot, keep in mind that this on a private server that is pretty underpopulated and I still enjoy the game, which makes me more hyped for buying the retail.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:50 pm 
Elite Member

Are the dwarf hunters any good? I'm curious about them, might try one

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:26 pm 

I had to try out more than half the available classes before I settled into one that I enjoyed. Like what others have said, mages are a bit harder than most when at low levels. I ended up rolling a Night Elf hunter (which everyone has, including their grandma).

I personally found warlocks, hunters, and paladins to be the friendliest when it comes to leveling.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:04 pm 
Elite Member

And how are priests for levelling? Better than mages?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:47 pm 
Veteran Member

My priest was fun and quick as I leveled to 60 with a friend using Recruit a Friend. That being said, I do have another priest which is level 27, and it is HARD to level solo. Until level 40 (when you get Shadowform), priest leveling is tough. The hardest class to solo with until mid-level is a priest, in my opinion.

Also, if you have any friends playing, you should try and join a realm with them. Or join a realm with some of your fellow SRF'ers. There are plenty of us in both regions. (Makes it sound like a cult :roll: )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:59 pm 
Elite Member

I started the Trial because a buddy of mine, iSinnnnnn talked me into it. Leveled a Dwarf Warrior and I liked it for the most part, so I got the actual version. At level 23 I died to a level 20 Warlock so I deleted that char and remade my Paladin now.

The trial was cool though, but so many of the features weren't available. I realize now though that we were dumb for not doing RAF at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:07 pm 
Elite Member

I don't know many people who play wow, but yeah I'd like to play with any srf'ers who might be playing on Europe, it's been boring to just wander around alone with no one to talk to :(

btw the server I'm playing in is Genjuros, it's a PVP server and I think it's recent since the population is (new players)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:15 pm 
Valued Member

I started playing 4 years ago in Vanilla. Started off with some buddys from anothr forum at first, but quite quickly picked a new opening server with a friend of mine, and started leveling together. The epic feeling of us 2, running through the Barrens, 1k needles and such is something we'll never reattain, sadly. But it was awesome. (:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:27 pm 
Forum God

Heey, unique you and moi can play together in a month or so when I got some cash flow again.

We had some great times back when you played allods, remember that crazy polish guy? lol.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:40 pm 
Elite Member

I haven't made my mind about buying or not yet, but that would be awesome :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:05 am 

I enjoyed my mage from the very first day.
Then again belfs had a better starting experience than the other races for the horde imo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:23 am 
Common Member

Downloaded the trial today, decided to try playing an Orc warlock. I must say, it's not as fun as i thought it would be. Wandered off and kept dying, before i realized i had a soulstone. I'll keep playing, and i hope it gets more fun as i level. I'll buy the game if i like it (gotta play something untill GW2 comes out :wink: )

Level: 28
Guild: Avalon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:16 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The game sucks until you cap. When the game opened up, all the areas were crowded and you ran into people everywhere.

Now, the only time you see people is in the end-game zones, and even then it's not very populated.

You will only have fun doing end game content with a guild.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:29 am 

dom wrote:
The game sucks until you cap. When the game opened up, all the areas were crowded and you ran into people everywhere.

Now, the only time you see people is in the end-game zones, and even then it's not very populated.

You will only have fun doing end game content with a guild.

Try out Stormscale and you won't even find a mob.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:59 pm 
Forum Legend

Mages get good from lvl 20 and onwards. Stick with it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:45 pm 

leveling with casters (mages, priests, locks, etc.) is much easier at lower levels now that they have that thing where you have some ridiculous % health and mana regen until level 15 or so.

I also agree with the statement "the game starts at cap" leveling is just there so you can get to know your class. once at cap the game really starts.

...oh yeah and when it says a server is "recommended" it means recommended to not play. look for one thats either medium to high population around your playing time