Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anyone playing on an alliance eu server?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:11 pm 
Frequent Member

Im a bit bored, due to not being able to raid and heroics aren't fun anymore I'm looking for something of a challenge. So I want to start an alt, however as I'm used to playing horde I want to experience the other side of the game and roll an alliance character. Is there anyone who wants to reroll with me or that has a friendly guild that I could possibly join, no fun playing without friends. Also suggest a race class combo please

Post subject: Re: Anyone playing on an alliance eu server?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:29 pm 
Forum God

horde twisting nether its the best eu raiding realm for 25mans so making an alt here would be best

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:07 pm 
Veteran Member

It's actually Auchindoun.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:31 pm 
Forum God

oh im sorry but i didnt realise that horde counted human, dwarf, gnome etc

best HORDE raiding realm is twisting nether

then again i phrased that wrong anyways as i said i stressed horde implying for horde only not counting alliance otherwise id have said it without a side

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:45 pm 
Veteran Member

Well for starters, he asked for Alliance. And Auchindoun is best overall, but he never even mentioned raiding so not sure why you brought it up. Not like it will matter with Cata just around the corner.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:04 am 
Frequent Member

Well what I'm looking for is a server which has a good alliance player base, and that would allow me to find some decent groups for instancing whilst levelling. Also which alliance race class combo to play

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:57 pm 
Forum God

Lempi wrote:
Well for starters, he asked for Alliance. And Auchindoun is best overall, but he never even mentioned raiding so not sure why you brought it up. Not like it will matter with Cata just around the corner.

Quote:
due to not being able to raid and heroics aren't fun anymore

mentioned raiding

and i dont play alliance he has played horde in the past so was worth mentioning a good horde raiding server

and why the **** does everyone say that, not worth getting good gear cata round the counter ffs thats a shit way of looking at things seeing as there is always a patch a couple months round the corner making your gear look old and shit. if you want to play wow try get the best gear you can and even so having really good gear now will help with leveling in cata so if your going for realm first having the best gear will help even if it means you only do 0.5% more damage to the mob it will stil die faster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:57 am 
Chronicle Writer

if you're raiding for gear at this point you're doing something wrong...unless it's shadowmourne because that's the only piece of ICC loot that won't be getting DE/replaced in Cata...it won't be used but no ones throwing it away...any serious raiding guild or person should already be in full 277 by now and if you're not then you shouldn't be sweating gear...

if you're trying to get your titles or your drakes then that's reasonable....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:15 am 
Forum God

XemnasXD wrote:
if you're raiding for gear at this point you're doing something wrong...unless it's shadowmourne because that's the only piece of ICC loot that won't be getting DE/replaced in Cata...it won't be used but no ones throwing it away...any serious raiding guild or person should already be in full 277 by now and if you're not then you shouldn't be sweating gear...

im a serious raider and im only in mostly 264 atm 1 or 2 277 couple 251 nether the less i know shite loads not in full 277 infact i bet your not in full 277.

And why are you doing something wrong we stil have a month nd a half thats a lot of time in wow espesh if your pay subscription why waste it nd do nothing because 'getting gear is pointless'?

also shadowmourne will get replaced fairly fast Wild Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:05 am 
Chronicle Writer

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
XemnasXD wrote:

im a serious raider and im only in mostly 264 atm 1 or 2 277 couple 251 nether the less i know shite loads not in full 277 infact i bet your not in full 277.

And why are you doing something wrong we stil have a month nd a half thats a lot of time in wow espesh if your pay subscription why waste it nd do nothing because 'getting gear is pointless'?

ugh wong are you really gonna make me do this...

1. I play on one of the top 3 servers in the US and most of the serious guilds had their tanks, healers, AND DPS in full 277 by the time i stopped playing over a month ago. No serious guild isn't geared out in 277 by now. This is me telling you that because you are not in full 277 you do not come from a serious guild. I don't know what you guys are doing but if you were serious you would've been done months ago with the other serious guilds.

For the record i'm in full 264/264 heroic most of which i got from 10m HMs because i stopped doing 25s after i got my weapons pretty early in 3.3 But i could be using 264 HC weapons if i wanted...we were sharding them by the time i stopped....

2. If you cared about gear you would've had it by now. ICC is old and done to death for most people. If you've got time left and you come from a serious guild you're most likely on alts or just doing mount runs. I can't think of a serious guild that still raids ICC regularly for gear on their mains.

3. I'm well aware Shadowmourne will be getting replaced. That doesn't make it worth trying to get. The mount and those extra items selll for a ton of gold and you have the prestige of having a Legendary. It's the same reason why ppl are still farming for Sulfuras and Thunderfury only you can't solo the content and you won't be able to for awhile so getting a complete Shadowmourne will be a lot harder after Cata comes out unless you have 25 people dedicated and willing to go back and clear old content just for you...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:17 am 
Forum God

XemnasXD wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
XemnasXD wrote:

ugh wong are you really gonna make me do this...

1. I play on one of the top 3 servers in the US and most of the serious guilds had their tanks, healers, AND DPS in full 277 by the time i stopped playing over a month ago. No serious guild isn't geared out in 277 by now. This is me telling you that because you are not in full 277 you do not come from a serious guild. I don't know what you guys are doing but if you were serious you would've been done months ago with the other serious guilds.

For the record i'm in full 264/264 heroic most of which i got from 10m HMs because i stopped doing 25s after i got my weapons pretty early in 3.3 But i could be using 264 HC weapons if i wanted...we were sharding them by the time i stopped....

2. If you cared about gear you would've had it by now. ICC is old and done to death for most people. If you've got time left and you come from a serious guild you're most likely on alts or just doing mount runs. I can't think of a serious guild that still raids ICC regularly for gear on their mains.

3. I'm well aware Shadowmourne will be getting replaced. That doesn't make it worth trying to get. The mount and those extra items selll for a ton of gold and you have the prestige of having a Legendary. It's the same reason why ppl are still farming for Sulfuras and Thunderfury only you can't solo the content and you won't be able to for awhile so getting a complete Shadowmourne will be a lot harder after Cata comes out unless you have 25 people dedicated and willing to go back and clear old content just for you...

your presuming all guilds have 12/12 heroic, im in a good guild not the best, most people in it yes heavily outgear me but they stil raid for the 1/2 upgrades left open to them me im not fully geared because i moved from a shit realm to this one and atm im only a trial member in this guild

quit talking down as if what im doing is sub standard there are shit loads of people with less gear then me and stil are aiming for the best gear before cata. i dont see the point in stopping trying to get gear because a new patch is close when as i said there is always some kind of patch a couple months away

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 am 
Chronicle Writer

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
your presuming all guilds have 12/12 heroic, im in a good guild not the best, most people in it yes heavily outgear me but they stil raid for the 1/2 upgrades left open to them me im not fully geared because i moved from a shit realm to this one and atm im only a trial member in this guild

quit talking down as if what im doing is sub standard there are shit loads of people with less gear then me and stil are aiming for the best gear before cata. i dont see the point in stopping trying to get gear because a new patch is close when as i said there is always some kind of patch a couple months away

You said serious guilds. Serious guilds should be at least 12/12 heroic. My guild stopped at 11/12 and we were progressive-casual so i'm not looking down on you from some high horse, i'm being realistic. ICC is over for any serious person and has been for some time, if you're still gearing your main up in ICC you're not running with a serious group but that's fine. However people who are going for Realm First, who really wanted that extra .05DPS they'll get when leveling, those people are HxC and HxC people are done with ICC by now.

If you want to kill time in their i'm not going to stop you but drop the act. ICC is over. WotLK is over. You won't actually need the top 3.3 gear to level in Cata. A gear reset is coming. By your logic people should farm all that Old World content before they go and do BC so that they can level faster in Outland. But that's stupid, there is a reason why people just go from lvl 58 straight into hellfire pen...Cata has to follow so that a fresh 80 can skip all the ICC raids (maybe not dungeons) and still be able to quest and do the intro dungeons fine. So gearing up to 277 is overkill if that was your reason for doing it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:19 pm 
Forum God

i never said you needed i said it would be helpful so drop the big guy act, by my logic fucks sake i never said anything in line with that, but i dont think people should stop trying to get gear thats better just because of cata if they all think like that then wtf are we to do. Lastly a serious guild dont mean its going to do 12/12 hc serious just means they dont want any shit and a smooth run, if on the other hand i said hardcore then by all means flame away as by definition hardcore will raid more then 3 times a week clearing all content worth while as a guild.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:38 pm 
Chronicle Writer

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
i never said you needed i said it would be helpful so drop the big guy act, by my logic fucks sake i never said anything in line with that, but i dont think people should stop trying to get gear thats better just because of cata if they all think like that then wtf are we to do. Lastly a serious guild dont mean its going to do 12/12 hc serious just means they dont want any shit and a smooth run, if on the other hand i said hardcore then by all means flame away as by definition hardcore will raid more then 3 times a week clearing all content worth while as a guild.

Serious guilds are guilds who take raiding seriously. Anyone who takes raiding seriously had been done with ICC by now. It's been out for 9 months, thats like 52 raid lockouts, 3 times a week for 4 hours is over 3 weeks worth of time in ICC. That means most serious guilds if they were still raiding would have spent almost a month in ICC. If you're still gearing up then you're casual, probably worse than casual. WotLK is over. Most serious people are sitting idly by waiting for Cata. I have no idea what you've been ding for the past 9 months but it's not progression.

With Cata so close and such a huge gear reset coming there is no reason to raid ICC for gear anymore. Deal with it...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:31 am 
Forum God

XemnasXD wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

Serious guilds are guilds who take raiding seriously. Anyone who takes raiding seriously had been done with ICC by now. It's been out for 9 months, thats like 52 raid lockouts, 3 times a week for 4 hours is over 3 weeks worth of time in ICC. That means most serious guilds if they were still raiding would have spent almost a month in ICC. If you're still gearing up then you're casual, probably worse than casual. WotLK is over. Most serious people are sitting idly by waiting for Cata. I have no idea what you've been ding for the past 9 months but it's not progression.

With Cata so close and such a huge gear reset coming there is no reason to raid ICC for gear anymore. Deal with it...

Your really starting to piss me off, mocking me dont help.

Ok where shall i start i was on a realm which sucked at raiding i took a month break inbetween too. And lastly a serious raiding guild is a guild which takes raiding seriously they may not be good or they may be new but they like to take it serious.

Also what about new players, alts, people returning from breaks there is plenty of reason to raid and may i add enjoy raiding icc yes even for me its old but i stil enjoy raiding so why are you trying to take that away from me, i enjoyed and stil enjoy ulduar want to knock me for that?

The only Farking thing i was arguing is there is no point stop trying to get the best gear you can, i never said anything about those who are fully 277 geared so why are you picking a Farking fight with me what do you have against me?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:39 am 
Frequent Member

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
XemnasXD wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

Ok where shall i start i was on a realm which sucked at raiding i took a month break inbetween too. And lastly a serious raiding guild is a guild which takes raiding seriously they may not be good or they may be new but they like to take it serious.

Also what about new players, alts, people returning from breaks there is plenty of reason to raid and may i add enjoy raiding icc yes even for me its old but i stil enjoy raiding so why are you trying to take that away from me, i enjoyed and stil enjoy ulduar want to knock me for that?

The only Farking thing i was arguing is there is no point stop trying to get the best gear you can, i never said anything about those who are fully 277 geared so why are you picking a Farking fight with me what do you have against me?

He never picked a fight, he's only stating what is blatantly obvious. That is, that getting gear from WOTLK is pointless now. He never said anything about preventing you from enjoying to raid.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:42 am 
Forum God

piootr wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:

He never picked a fight, he's only stating what is blatantly obvious. That is, that getting gear from WOTLK is pointless now. He never said anything about preventing you from enjoying to raid.

Quote:
you're casual, probably worse than casual

thats picking a fight thats mocking me and saying basically im shit

But this point iv carried on for atleast 3 months now since cata was first solidified for a release this year and people even since then have said its pointless getting gear, i dont matter when the instance opened there are stil people who need the gear and why should they stop?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:03 pm 
Chronicle Writer

Casual is reflective of the time you dedicate to the game, not your skill level. I remember back in 3.2 seeing a guildless warrior in ToC25mHC gear. I asked him why he was guildless and he said it was easier to pug since he didn't have the time to dedicate to the game. He was a casual player, not a bad player though obviously. We had a couple players in my 10m guild who we could call on when someone went missing and they were good but they were casual and didn't like raiding, still they helped us clear the content with ease. Hell my friend who is a great lock has a shifting work schedule so he can't join a guild and still doesn't have KS but i know he's a great player.

You can't call yourself a serious raider and still say you need gear at this point wong. That's an oxymoron. I already did the math so either for 52+ weeks you've been on and off the game, not quite dedicated (casual) or for 52 weeks you've been doing really really badly in ICC. You can take this as an insult (which you will) or as a statement of fact (as i intend). Serious raiders are done with ICC by now unless they're getting their drakes or HMLK titles and most of them already have those. I understand raiding on your alt, for mounts, for titles, for fun (not really) but if you're not geared by now i don't see the point in struggling unless its for the previously stated reasons. In the beginning of a patch it's great to get that new gear so you can clear content but by now the content is on farm and in a month, 4 raid lockouts, all your gear will be replaced...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:46 am 
Forum God

XemnasXD wrote:
Casual is reflective of the time you dedicate to the game, not your skill level. I remember back in 3.2 seeing a guildless warrior in ToC25mHC gear. I asked him why he was guildless and he said it was easier to pug since he didn't have the time to dedicate to the game. He was a casual player, not a bad player though obviously. We had a couple players in my 10m guild who we could call on when someone went missing and they were good but they were casual and didn't like raiding, still they helped us clear the content with ease. Hell my friend who is a great lock has a shifting work schedule so he can't join a guild and still doesn't have KS but i know he's a great player.

You can't call yourself a serious raider and still say you need gear at this point wong. That's an oxymoron. I already did the math so either for 52+ weeks you've been on and off the game, not quite dedicated (casual) or for 52 weeks you've been doing really really badly in ICC. You can take this as an insult (which you will) or as a statement of fact (as i intend). Serious raiders are done with ICC by now unless they're getting their drakes or HMLK titles and most of them already have those. I understand raiding on your alt, for mounts, for titles, for fun (not really) but if you're not geared by now i don't see the point in struggling unless its for the previously stated reasons. In the beginning of a patch it's great to get that new gear so you can clear content but by now the content is on farm and in a month, 4 raid lockouts, all your gear will be replaced...

i was in a bad raiding realm maybe i was bad too but iv moved and it seems i can contribute to this guilds raids so id like to think im a good raider, i never said i was serious either i said serious guild had a serious attitude sure not the best but they are kind of good, i am casual i took offense when you said worse then casual i dont know what you where trying to say but i didnt like it. and i dont think it matters about the time period as i keep saying your gear is always going to get replaced its one of them things even if icc is a farm us who aint in full 277 can have fun trying to get full 277 until nov 2nd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:42 pm 
Elite Member

Welcome to SRF, where any and just about all topics go off-topic on the first page.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:42 pm 

MrJoey wrote:
Welcome to SRF, where any and just about all topics go off-topic on the first page.

hahahaha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:51 pm 
Elite Member

Xemnas has a point though. I raid these days purely for Frost Emblems.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:08 pm 

Xemnas seems to be more right about this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:27 pm 
Forum God

got bored arguing my guild is toning down so wow things are getting boring on raid nights, this is what you get when just a few people think **** it no point lets not turn up to raid few got kicked for saying they where not gona come back til cata