Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Achievements that are getting trashed or moved to FoS
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:50 am 

Anyone know a list of achievements that are getting trashed or moved to Feats of Strength once Cataclysm drops?

Immortal and Undying runs in my server has gone up in frequency over the past few weeks, together with Glory of the Whatever Raid. Conqueror/Champion of Ulduar, Starcaller, Astral Walker, and Herald are also starting to crop up in trade more often. Are these getting chopped the coming expansion or what?

And what are your thoughts on them getting removed? I know Hand of A'dal was removed when Wrath came out. Should some titles stay? Which ones?

Post subject: Re: Achievements that are getting trashed or moved to FoS
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 am 

Prophet Izaach wrote:
Anyone know a list of achievements that are getting trashed or moved to Feats of Strength once Cataclysm drops?

I'd say just the meta achievements are getting moved to FoS. Of course there will be some more, like the Hydraxian Waterlords etc.
Prophet Izaach wrote:
Immortal and Undying runs in my server has gone up in frequency over the past few weeks, together with Glory of the Whatever Raid. Conqueror/Champion of Ulduar, Starcaller, Astral Walker, and Herald are also starting to crop up in trade more often. Are these getting chopped the coming expansion or what?

Since everyone is bored, they are trying to do something that their guild doesn't want to. Ulduar and Naxxramas achievements are easily doable with a decent pug.
Prophet Izaach wrote:
And what are your thoughts on them getting removed? I know Hand of A'dal was removed when Wrath came out. Should some titles stay? Which ones?

Hand of A'dal was removed before Wrath. The quest reward was removed after the content patch. Probably all of the titles and drakes will be removed. Why would they keep them if it will be doable with 5 man or something.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:28 pm 
Chronicle Writer

I don't think any of the drakes or titles are being removed this time. Blizzard seems to be moving away from that. Still it would be a lot easier to get that stuff no while everyone is bored and capable of doing it and knows the content rather than waiting for 4.0 when everyone will be focused on new stuff and all the new people will have forgotten +++++----- (or it is ------++++++) Also I think they said they'd turn Mim's Head and Invincible into a rare drop instead of being a guaranteed drop.

I know they're removing Zul'Grub so if you need the mount or want some of the items (i got jekils crusher *shrug*) also the rep. Molten Core is staying i think they still want you to be able to get the old Legendaries.

I'd say if you don't have a 310 speed mount yet you should try to get one while it's easy so you don't have to pay the 5k in cata. Other than that i don't think theres much to worry about with old titles and drakes being removed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:35 pm 
Frequent Member

XemnasXD wrote:
I'd say if you don't have a 310 speed mount yet you should try to get one while it's easy so you don't have to pay the 5k in cata.

Wait, what?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:13 am 

piootr wrote:
XemnasXD wrote:
I'd say if you don't have a 310 speed mount yet you should try to get one while it's easy so you don't have to pay the 5k in cata.

Wait, what?

In Cat you can upgrade all your flying mounts from 280 to 310 by either paying 5k or by obtaining a 310% mount.

The Ulduar 10 one should be the easiest one to obtain, followed by the ICC10 one if you're in a decent guild. I myself only need hc sindragosa on 10 man followed by a run where we'll do the achievements rather than heroics if I can convince my GM.

If you don't raid: you can aim for the event one though it takes a year to obtain. I'll take some luck and a lot of patience though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:13 am 

piootr wrote:
XemnasXD wrote:

Wait, what?

In Cat you can upgrade all your flying mounts from 280 to 310 by either paying 5k or by obtaining a 310% mount.

The Ulduar 10 one should be the easiest one to obtain, followed by the ICC10 one if you're in a decent guild. I myself only need hc sindragosa on 10 man followed by a run where we'll do the achievements rather than heroics if I can convince my GM.

If you don't raid: you can aim for the event one though it takes a year to obtain. I'll take some luck and a lot of patience though.