Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Need some help guys
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:59 am 

This is my own topic on the GD of wow-eu's forums, I have bumped it for 2 days but not a single person replied which I can hardly believe.

Anyone out there willing to feed my poor soul with their knowledge? :roll:

p.s., I have been inactive on wow for a while due to my cs;s team progression, in the other topic about the hunter's ranged weapon of choice, someone said that weapon skills are removed now, so I take it the Unarmed to 450 and the 4 weapon skills to 450 is a goner now :( I think I have the 4 weapon skills to 80 Feat of strength tho.

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions regarding the removal of certain zones, and the achievements that are available for these zones/quests/instances that will turn into a Feat of Strength come Cataclysm. I'm kind of a perfectionist like many out there, meaning that I can hardly enjoy the game knowing that there are a handful of Feats to get, which aren't going to be available anymore when the Cataclysm occurs (Don't worry, I hate this about myself more than you do :D).

Now that we're on the subject, which other - current achievements - will be removed come Cataclysm and will therefore be turned into Feats of Strength?

I know of the following 3 so far and each comes with a question, I'm wondering if there are any others?

1) The bloodsail Admiral title (Does acquiring this title have any impact on another rep achievement involving the factions you need to interfere with for the Bloodsail Admiral Title?)
2) Zul'Gurub (Full clear AND exalted with the Zendalar Tribe, totalling 2 feats right?)
3) UBRS (Including Attunement?)

download more ram.

Where? Did not find any on google. :soosad:

Post subject: Re: Need some help guys
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:03 am 
Elite Member

I'd skim through the Blue posts on mmo-champion.com. That's probably the easiest way to get all the information as far as what they are taking out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:58 pm 

Yeah but there's like 20 blueposts a day on average.

Way too much work there.

:(

download more ram.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:12 pm 

Herald of the Titans is now a FoS in the beta.

I'm assuming the Immortal, the Undying, Champion of Ulduar, Conqueror of Ulduar, and A Tribute to Immortality will also go away. Glory of the X Raider will most likely become FoS too but I'm not sure about that after making the mounts speeds down to 280%. They could also keep the achievement and remove the mount just like they did on the Black and Plagued Protodrakes when 3.1 came out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:40 pm 

Prophet Izaach wrote:
Herald of the Titans is now a FoS in the beta.

I'm assuming the Immortal, the Undying, Champion of Ulduar, Conqueror of Ulduar, and A Tribute to Immortality will also go away. Glory of the X Raider will most likely become FoS too but I'm not sure about that after making the mounts speeds down to 280%. They could also keep the achievement and remove the mount just like they did on the Black and Plagued Protodrakes when 3.1 came out.

They said that they would not remove the achievement bosses.
100% dropmounts like the ones from sarth, LK or yogg are turned into rare drops.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:41 am 

I'm aware of the ones you mentioned. Thanks :)

Does anyone know of the Cenarion Circle one?

download more ram.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:11 am 
Forum God

ubrs easy, classic raider will go too so grab that infact anything with classic on it will go so pick off them other then that i dont know

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:01 am 
Advanced Member

Where the hell are you guys getting UBRS from. None of the old instances except ZG are going. That's it. BRS is still there, BWL is still there, nothing's going except ZG.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:23 pm 
Forum God

he is on about old achievements not old instances unless your trying to tell me all them achievements for ubrs and so on will carry on over, before you say anything no they wont the old achievements become fos and new ones in their place like onyxia

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:15 pm 
Advanced Member

Well, that's what I'm telling you. Your achievement for UBRS isn't going anywhere, because it's not going anywhere. If it were becoming a FoS, it would've been datamined by now, and guess what? It hasn't been. No change, no difference.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:13 pm 
Forum God

ok maybe your right about ubrs but anything with classic on is becoming fos you cant say it isnt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:23 pm 
Veteran Member

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
ok maybe your right about ubrs but anything with classic on is becoming fos you cant say it isnt

State you source, because all I am seeing is speculation.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:20 pm 
Forum God

...you serious?

anything with classic on was added AFTER vanilla thats why its called classic, if or rather when they update it with cata they wont be classic anymore. its no speculation its fact, if you want to argue it prove me otherwise

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:02 am 
Advanced Member

And we're telling you, nothing you're thinking of becoming a FoS is becoming a FoS.

Are some dungeon levels changing? Yes. But will they still be doable at the levels they were originally at? Yes. Was Onyxia doable at the level she was originally at? No.

Loremaster is just being changed around to use a new system like Outland and Northrend. Blizzard have state, if you have it already you'll keep it, if not you'll just need to do it the new way to get the title.

Seriously, the only achievements become FoS are those related to ZG, and youre Immortal and attempt based achievements. That's it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:25 am 

Another one I remember is quest achievement, Veteran of the Wrathgate. The quests and the phasing that comes with them won't carry over to Cataclysm due to the changes in NPC and of course, the cities.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:54 pm 
Forum God

Classic Raider
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1285

note the classic, also note the zg which your so keen to point out, it will become fos

Classic Dungeonmaster (Achievement)
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1283

will become fos again note the classic in the name

atfer cata non of the vannila content will be classic anymroe it will be changed updated, its more then just increasing the level in each dungeon they are changing the story and in some cases even who you fight

im going to go have a quick look up about this officially to prove they will be fos but for christ sake its so oblivous, ##edit nothing official said about the classic raider but then again a lot of achievements will become fos without warning due to the changes so use common sense

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:48 pm 
Advanced Member

No, Blizzard have posted their list of what is becoming FoS. They weren't included. THey're not becoming FoS.

They can modify achievements. So a Classic Raider without ZG. Big Whoop. You get your FoS for ZG. And Classic refers to where in level progression if occurs, not whether its been changed or not. Note the very few dungeons are changing, and only three are having their end bosses changed. Which is still completeing the same dungeon. You wanna brag about getting earlier? That's what you've got a date printed on your achievement for.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:40 pm 
Forum God

Necrobat wrote:
No, Blizzard have posted their list of what is becoming FoS. They weren't included. THey're not becoming FoS.

They can modify achievements. So a Classic Raider without ZG. Big Whoop. You get your FoS for ZG. And Classic refers to where in level progression if occurs, not whether its been changed or not. Note the very few dungeons are changing, and only three are having their end bosses changed. Which is still completeing the same dungeon. You wanna brag about getting earlier? That's what you've got a date printed on your achievement for.

where iv been seaching so many different terms into google and looking on mmo champ what list post it i did say before i want you to prove me otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:03 pm 
Advanced Member

With regards to BWL, which backs up UBRS not being removed, meaning it's not changing;
[quote=Ghostcrawler]We aren't removing MC or BWL as of this writing. We aren't going out of our way to remove old legendaries. The only risk there in a case like Thunderfury is if we change a zone like Silithus so much that the quests become hard to keep intact. [/quote]
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... pageNo=1#7

That list I last saw appears to have been taken down. However, you realistically have a larger onus to prove with your claims because you have no grounds to back them on, just your personal speculation.

I'm using the current beta database. They're still there as standard achievements.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:03 pm 
Veteran Member

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
...you serious?

anything with classic on was added AFTER vanilla thats why its called classic, if or rather when they update it with cata they wont be classic anymore. its no speculation its fact, if you want to argue it prove me otherwise

I don't need to prove otherwise. I'm not the one making up "facts" in my head. As I said; Speculation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:53 pm 
Forum God

Necrobat wrote:
With regards to BWL, which backs up UBRS not being removed, meaning it's not changing;
Ghostcrawler wrote:
We aren't removing MC or BWL as of this writing. We aren't going out of our way to remove old legendaries. The only risk there in a case like Thunderfury is if we change a zone like Silithus so much that the quests become hard to keep intact.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... pageNo=1#7

That list I last saw appears to have been taken down. However, you realistically have a larger onus to prove with your claims because you have no grounds to back them on, just your personal speculation.

I'm using the current beta database. They're still there as standard achievements.

Quote:
The exploration and quest achievements probably won't change. If you have the achievements, you won't lose them. If you don't have them, you can still get them, but obviously you'll have different quests or areas to explore. The greatest risk is to players who are almost done with one of these achievements, because they might suddenly have to do more than they thought (say 100 quests instead of 50).

We aren't removing MC or BWL as of this writing. We aren't going out of our way to remove old legendaries. The only risk there in a case like Thunderfury is if we change a zone like Silithus so much that the quests become hard to keep intact.

You can still get "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been." In general, we are going to go bend over backwards to not remove existing achievements.

says nothing of the classic achievements, your in beta not everything is in place yet another thing about that is its 5months old thats a long long long long time in wow

lastly i know i have no real basis for what im saying other then common sense if you change these or even update them they are no longer classic. they where not classic when vanilla was first released either only become classic after achievements where added

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:01 am 
Advanced Member

Yeah, well, hate to be the one to put the nail in the coffin of your argument, but;
http://cata.wowhead.com/achievement=5011

Have a nice day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:10 pm 
Forum God

not really yes i suppose i was wrong about the classic arguement but also thats a different achievement, again as i said names of things like that are subject to change while in beta aswell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:26 pm 
Advanced Member

They wouldn't make a guild version of an achievement, if they planned on making it a FoS. By your supposed logic, we would've got classic raider as a FoS back when Onyxia changed. We didn't. They've modified the requirements for many achievements. No, they didn't FoS it when they did so. FoS = unobtainable or extremely rare afterall.

Classic Raider will still be obtainable. No need to make it a FoS. Like I said, you wanna brag? Link your date on it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:15 am 
Veteran Member

offtopic, SUP NECROBAT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:22 am 
Advanced Member

Not much Abel, yourself?

Lucky bastard getting a H LK25 kills. I hate being restricted by RL comitments from good fights and kills like that. =[ Can't complain too much though on my PuG progression however.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:24 am 
Veteran Member

Necrobat wrote:
Not much Abel, yourself?

Lucky bastard getting a H LK25 kills. I hate being restricted by RL comitments from good fights and kills like that. =[ Can't complain too much though on my PuG progression however.

haha yeah. I got that on Trollbane (SG's server) with the top guild there. Got into my last disagreement with the GM and finally just left. Went to WW to play with a few RL friends. Leveling a druid for kicks (wish it was a troll, tbh). Looking forward to new content!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:44 am 
Advanced Member

the_wicked wrote:
Necrobat wrote:
Not much Abel, yourself?

haha yeah. I got that on Trollbane (SG's server) with the top guild there. Got into my last disagreement with the GM and finally just left. Went to WW to play with a few RL friends. Leveling a druid for kicks (wish it was a troll, tbh). Looking forward to new content!

Agreed! Been on burnout for quite some time. Finally finished my ICC10 Glory just after 4.0; how the PuG I was in managed to do H PP and Sindra I will never know, but I will never question.

Got a few alts in the works for kicks ATM, waiting until Cata for my druid (worgen) and warrior (goblin) alts.

The new content can't come fast enough. And oh god the CE box. Can't wait to get my hands on it and replace my crappy mousepad.