Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: SRO and WOW
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:44 am 
Forum God

Hey, so I'm looking for a game to play whenever I'm bored of pwning nabs on sro.

My question is, how does sro and wow compare, as far as the demand in puts on your computer/internet? Like, my internet isn't the best, but I can play SRO just fine, will I be able to play wow?

Post subject: Re: SRO and WOW
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:49 am 
Veteran Member

Wait...

You'll be playing WoW (not WOW) and SRO?

GTFO.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:58 pm 
Addicted Member

SRO is more demanding than WoW.
Well on my computer it was at least.

Lempi sounds angry. WoW is just a game remember.. not a way of life (well for you maybe).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:16 pm 
Veteran Member

Toasty wrote:
SRO is more demanding than WoW.
Well on my computer it was at least.

Lempi sounds angry. WoW is just a game remember.. not a way of life (well for you maybe).

You don't play in the college football team at the same time as the superbowl.

Even runescape is better than SRO.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:43 pm 
Forum God

Oh, ha, I thought I had deleted this before it ever got posted. Oh wells.

And nah, thinking more WoW then anything else atm. SRO is ridiculous these days.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:50 pm 
Forum God

Look simple answers dont sway many people in short its vastly better in a number of aspects which sro will never live up to but il try my best to explain why and compare to sro.

First off pvp, in wow we dont have a triangle job system we do have jobs so to speak but they are used to enhance your toon. The pvp is mainly based between two factions and 10 races each with a selection of a further 10 class's and each class has 3 skill trees, ranging from healer to tank. The pvp needs team works there is no 1v1 pvp in wow (although it is possible with certain classes in the right spec). The biggest diffence is that toe to toe pvp rarly get you anywhere you will be out classed quite simply, pvp does require a certain amount of thinking although yes in sro pvp could be chanllenging if facing the right person but the imbalance between classes makes this less likly ie a wizard or tank would take or deal silly damage while other classes really cant stand up to them in wow balance is a continious thing it changes most patchs. The big pvp battles are horde vs alliance in either 2v2/3v3/5v5, battle grounds or world pvp zones.

Back to the jobs in wow you can have 2 main jobs and all the secondary jobs each job brings something to the table whether its a buff, gear or special items that help you round your toon, some of the jobs or useful in making gold which ofc is important for just getting along.

Next biggest thing which sro dont really have is raids and dungeons these are pve based and require team work you need a tank and healer for it to work and usually good dps its best compared with euro leveling partys as you need the right mix of people to make it work but unlike sro where your just grinding all day your actually working towards a realistic goal.

Items in wow are even better unlike having sos/som/suns been very rare and only held by the rich items in wow are earned you either get them via a job, pvp reward or raid/dungeon this means the skilled get the best gear not the rich.

Final and most important thing is leveling, in you can be cap in 2/3 weeks with the same dedication of 4hours grinding you used to put into sro and have time to spare also while leveling there is more to do you have classic raids for 60/70/80 and lots of dungeons to enter at each stage of your leveling so its not boring you can make it fast or take it easy with the recent expansion all the zones look quite nice and are deffo worth looking around, if you get a friend to join you, you can level a lot faster too.

i could go into more detail but overall i just feel its better experiance silly things like customer service actually exist bots get banned and if your hacked you can get your account restored

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:22 am 
Elite Member

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
Look simple answers dont sway many people in short its vastly better in a number of aspects which sro will never live up to but il try my best to explain why and compare to sro.

First off pvp, in wow we dont have a triangle job system we do have jobs so to speak but they are used to enhance your toon. The pvp is mainly based between two factions and 10 races each with a selection of a further 10 class's and each class has 3 skill trees, ranging from healer to tank. The pvp needs team works there is no 1v1 pvp in wow (although it is possible with certain classes in the right spec). The biggest diffence is that toe to toe pvp rarly get you anywhere you will be out classed quite simply, pvp does require a certain amount of thinking although yes in sro pvp could be chanllenging if facing the right person but the imbalance between classes makes this less likly ie a wizard or tank would take or deal silly damage while other classes really cant stand up to them in wow balance is a continious thing it changes most patchs. The big pvp battles are horde vs alliance in either 2v2/3v3/5v5, battle grounds or world pvp zones.

Back to the jobs in wow you can have 2 main jobs and all the secondary jobs each job brings something to the table whether its a buff, gear or special items that help you round your toon, some of the jobs or useful in making gold which ofc is important for just getting along.

Next biggest thing which sro dont really have is raids and dungeons these are pve based and require team work you need a tank and healer for it to work and usually good dps its best compared with euro leveling partys as you need the right mix of people to make it work but unlike sro where your just grinding all day your actually working towards a realistic goal.

Items in wow are even better unlike having sos/som/suns been very rare and only held by the rich items in wow are earned you either get them via a job, pvp reward or raid/dungeon this means the skilled get the best gear not the rich.

Final and most important thing is leveling, in you can be cap in 2/3 weeks with the same dedication of 4hours grinding you used to put into sro and have time to spare also while leveling there is more to do you have classic raids for 60/70/80 and lots of dungeons to enter at each stage of your leveling so its not boring you can make it fast or take it easy with the recent expansion all the zones look quite nice and are deffo worth looking around, if you get a friend to join you, you can level a lot faster too.

i could go into more detail but overall i just feel its better experiance silly things like customer service actually exist bots get banned and if your hacked you can get your account restored

tl;dr
WoW is better. Play WoW.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:19 pm 
Veteran Member

People from internet cafe's don't play WoW. 12 year old who can't speak English don't play WoW. There is no one swearing and or praising their "god(s)" in WoW.

People are actual human beings in WoW.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 pm 

iGod wrote:
People from internet cafe's don't play WoW. 12 year old who can't speak English don't play WoW. There is no one swearing and or praising their "god(s)" in WoW.

People are actual human beings in WoW.

All statements are wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:53 pm 
Elite Member

Just read trade chat in Dal to know just how wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:25 pm 
Elite Member

MrJoey wrote:
Just read trade chat in Dal to know just how wrong.

The ratio of actual players to bots in WoW is significantly higher than that of SRO.

I'd say something around....1000players:1bot per server.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:49 pm 
Elite Member

I was referring to the post directly above mine, which has no reference to bots really except perhaps the human beings part of it. I realize that there's far fewer bots in WoW. <_<

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:52 pm 
Forum God

Which versions of WoW should/do I need to buy first to play?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:57 pm 
Forum God

just start from the... well start get the first 3 im saying this as they usually come in a bundle well the first 2 do anyways usually works out cheaper that way after that if you like it get cataclysm, unless you really badly want to start off as a gobin or wogan then just get them all at the same time

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:35 am 

aren't you like level 95 on sro?
OT: If you haven't done the 10-day trial of WoW definitely do it before making any decisions. And also if you are interested, you could do a recruit-a-friend program with someone on here and receive lots of benefits as well as helping out whoever you do it with a lot.

Last edited by Oxyclean on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:37 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

You can download the full client including all previous expansions just through the Cataclysm disc. I do believe that will you still have to get the retail keys to upgrade your account in order though. So yeah maybe just buying the bundle would be the best idea. Hopefully this helped out a little! :cheers:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:36 pm 
Forum God

Oxyclean wrote:
aren't you like level 95 on sro?

96. Actually. But why does this matter?

Alright, thanks guys.