Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: About Battlechest
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:10 pm 
Veteran Member

So, I just bought WoW Battlechest so I can try out WoW before MoP goes live.

So, because the battlechest has teh CDs, I was wondering how big a patch I have to download before actually being able to play? As I undestood I can still use all new/revamped skills and enter revamped areas and stuff.

So do I have to download like the entire cataclysm and stuff before I can play or do I have to download the stuff I can use with my Burning Crusade expanssion?

Also, anyone here playing from Europe, could use some in-game tips and stuff.

League of Legends EUW - Summoner Name: Th3Knight

Post subject: Re: About Battlechest
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:54 pm 
Common Member

You don't pick what patch to download blizz does it automatically. Basically if you don't have cata then wont get into the new questing areas but will have the revamped world.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:40 pm 
Veteran Member

Can I play cata classes even if I dont have cata? Night Elf Mage or Human Hunter for example.

Whats the size of WotLK and Cata, since my download speed is about 200kb/s, if I gotta patch like 15 GB it literaly takes me whole day!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:51 pm 

I'm not entirely sure if they updated the contents of the Battle Chest to include the old world changes. But if not, the game will update almost everything even if you don't have Wrath or Cata, because you will certainly be coming across players wearing gear and items in the AH from the last two expansions. I said "almost" because I'm not sure if it'll still download the continent of Northrend if you don't have access to it. The same goes for some of the new zones in Cata.

And yes, the new race-class combinations are available to you. Goblins and worgens, however, are off limits.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:03 pm 
Veteran Member

Okye, so to clarify: Can I play all the content avaliable for levels 1-70 even if it was added in WotLK or Cataclysm? U know, quests, items and stuff.

Also, do the expansion packs include free 30 days of game time? because I heard battlechest gives 30 days. And, when is MoP comming out?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:08 pm 
Elite Member

TheKnight wrote:
Okye, so to clarify: Can I play all the content avaliable for levels 1-70 even if it was added in WotLK or Cataclysm? U know, quests, items and stuff.

Also, do the expansion packs include free 30 days of game time? because I heard battlechest gives 30 days. And, when is MoP comming out?

No release date on MoP yet as far as we know. People are predicting Late August to September.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:50 pm 

TheKnight wrote:

With the Battle Chest, you have access to all the revamped 1-60 quests and zones, and of course, Outland (58-70 quests and zones). You also have access to glyphs (from Wrath) and the new talent system (from Cata).

Battle Chest comes with 30 days. Expansions do not.

MoP will be released between August 16 (cinematic world premiere) and September 20 (datamined Brewfest gear)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:56 pm 
Elite Member

Pro-tip: You don't wanna play WoW.

Unless you like Pokewow and Farmville and content so easy a blind, quadriplegic monkey could do it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:29 am 
Veteran Member

Well, since I found Battlechest on sale for 9.95€ thought I'd try it no as MoP isn't out yet, since I heard cataclysm is still somewhat good update, but yes, I have heard about the Pet battle stuff and it doesnt intrest me, nor does the Pandaland stuff.
However, I am kinda intrested about the new talent system, as I dont like stuff that does something like "Increases your Frost damage by 3%" but I like more about active skills talent system. But, we will see if I even keep playing after Battlechest, and if I will I'll probably buy WotLK and Cata also.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:54 am 
Elite Member

TheKnight wrote:
Well, since I found Battlechest on sale for 9.95€ thought I'd try it no as MoP isn't out yet, since I heard cataclysm is still somewhat good update, but yes, I have heard about the Pet battle stuff and it doesnt intrest me, nor does the Pandaland stuff.
However, I am kinda intrested about the new talent system, as I dont like stuff that does something like "Increases your Frost damage by 3%" but I like more about active skills talent system. But, we will see if I even keep playing after Battlechest, and if I will I'll probably buy WotLK and Cata also.

Cataclysms first and second tiers were good, but the third tier was a huge joke to everyone. Looking for Retards made any prior tiers obsolete as any inept downey could run that and get better gear.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:13 am 
Veteran Member

Installing the battlechest right now. Activated my game already and can't wait to play, hope I dont have to download huge patch so I get to play today.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:20 am 
Veteran Member

Installed, downloading patches, 6.4GB remaining, I might actually get to play today. Oh, if u want to help me out now would be good time to tell me some tips for following classes: Mages, Shamans and Hunters, which one would u prefer to be played in curret version of WoW (4.3 I assume), also, if u could link some guides I would be greatly tankful.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:17 pm 
Elite Member

For PVE: www.elitistjerks.com
For PVP: www.arenajunkies.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:00 pm 

Leveling:

Hunter - Beastmastery is the best leveling spec. Make sure you have a tenacity pet (tank) such as bear, turtle, gorilla, etc.

Mage - Frost is the most efficient because of the Water Elemental pet you get. Also, since it is the go to PvP spec, it's handy when leveling in a PvP server.

Shamans - Enhancement (melee) or Elemental (caster). No idea which one is better.

There are a handful of leveling guides out there. The most recommended one, last I heard, is Zygor's. It is, however, a paid guide. You can probably obtain it for free somewhere *cough* cough*. The revamped zones and quests that was done in Cataclysm makes leveling easier and more linear than before, so you shouldn't really need a guide.

Professions:

WoW Professions has great (power) leveling and farming guides for all professions, primary and secondary. I recommend getting at least one gathering profession (skinning, mining, or herbalism) since you earn some decent gold with it while leveling.

Endgame:

PvE:
Dungeons - Noxxic has really basic guides to play your class.

Raids - Elitist Jerks has most of the in depth guides to playing your class and spec right. I'm talking about number crunching, theorycrafting, min-maxing, and pushing your class to its limits. There are class/spec guides that are, however, inadequate. For those, the official class forums has great alternatives.

PvP:
Battlegrounds - Noxxic also has the basic guides for the classes and specs for BGs.

Arena - Arena Junkies is the PvP equivalent of Elitist Jerks. And just like EJ, the official class forums might contain more information for some classes.

Addons:

Curse and WoW Interface

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:03 pm 
Veteran Member

Thank you both. Done with downloading the patch soon :)

I dont think Im gona need a lot addons, except Bagnon, Quartz and Fonter I quess. Really taking a look into that Frost spec, since I thought mages use arcane for leveling.

Oh btw, at what level can your character have Dual Talent thing? Also, do you recomend any good, active PvE server (EU - English), or should I just pick one randomly?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:06 pm 
Veteran Member

Shirinji - Mage - Blood Elf - Silvermoon Relam (PvE - English - EU)!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:37 pm 
Frequent Member

Level 30 is when you can have dual talent specialization and it only costs 10 gold.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:11 am 

TheKnight wrote:
Shirinji - Mage - Blood Elf - Silvermoon Relam (PvE - English - EU)!

I recommend staying away from low population servers, and more specifically, low population factions. Even though Silvermoon is populated, according to WoW Progress, it has a 0.03:1 Horde to Alliance ratio. Even if you're in a PvE realm, this low population affects the economy, and of course the amount of players you can play with.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:10 pm 
Veteran Member

Alright, changed to Draenor (seemed to have a lot better rates for Horde) and here is my new Undead biatch http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... nji/simple