Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anyone here?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 pm 
Forum God

Sup WoW SRFers? Anyone still alive in this section? Any how, since Trion refuses to implent any competive PvP and GW2 wasn't my kind of game I decided to try out WoW serious for once. Played different classes on a trial account for a while, until I decided to buy the game and choose a Paladin as my main. Level 53 atm and I really enjoy the game so far. I still only got up to WOTLK how ever I just ordered Cataclysm and MoP and expect them in mah mailbox soon. Playing on Outland EU btw. Anyhow my battle tag is Góon#2784 if anyone want to be my friend. :soosad:

Spoiler!

Post subject: Re: Anyone here?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:36 pm 
Elite Member

Swindler wrote:
Sup WoW SRFers? Anyone still alive in this section? Any how, since Trion refuses to implent any competive PvP and GW2 wasn't my kind of game I decided to try out WoW serious for once. Played different classes on a trial account for a while, until I decided to buy the game and choose a Paladin as my main. Level 53 atm and I really enjoy the game so far. I still only got up to WOTLK how ever I just ordered Cataclysm and MoP and expect them in mah mailbox soon. Playing on Outland EU btw. Anyhow my battle tag is Góon#2784 if anyone want to be my friend. :soosad:

Spoiler!

Mists of Pandaria killed any sort of competitive raiding scene in WoW for me. Actually it started with Cataclysm and the introduction of LFR, but MOP sort of just...makes it worse.

I stopped playing because of how casual-friendly the game has become with their added features of Pokemon and Farmville and more and more welfare gear.

Bro-tip for pvp: Paladins don't really have a place. Holy is outhealed and outclassed by every other healing spec, and Ret only works in a gimmicky comp like triple DPS.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:21 am 

^
Not sure if troll or serious

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:46 am 
Forum God

Still not high level but has pvped some and doing 10k heals with FoL with 3 stacks of Selfless Healer seems pretty damn good when the players still have around 5-6k hp. Sure druid got HoTs etc, but what it looks like Paladin is more of a burst healing class. I had 200k overheal on the tank in a dungeon after 2 bosses, and yet I never healed when it wasn't necessary so to speak. I would rather have a Paladin to save my ass when I'm close to dying than a Druid, but yeah Im still to low level to say anything. Just speaking of what I've experienced so far. I've read that Ret is rather underpowered at cap, but it wasn't my primary goal to DPS at end game anyways.

I've understood that the PvE is a lil' bit to easy. Constantly see guildmate complain how heroics is shit and not infact "heroic" at all. But I've seen the Challenge Modes and they do infact seem to be a challenge.

So far I'm really impressed with the Paladin class and I will continue to play it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:24 pm 
Elite Member

/Pi wrote:
^

Completely serious. WoW took a turn for the worst with Cataclysm and it's still going that direction.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:27 pm 
Forum Legend

Few friends are playing it but no lol.

There should be a private server where it's just Hillsbrad vs Southshore ganking :love:

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:10 pm 
Elite Member

Skyve wrote:
Few friends are playing it but no lol.

There should be a private server where it's just Hillsbrad vs Southshore ganking :love:

lol that would actually be a pretty awesome server.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:25 am 
Veteran Member

I stopped playing due to MoP. However I'm looking into a private server.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:30 am 

.curve wrote:
/Pi wrote:
^

Completely serious. WoW took a turn for the worst with Cataclysm and it's still going that direction.

Never thought I'd here that coming from you an avid WOW worshiper...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:07 pm 
Elite Member

BuDo wrote:
.curve wrote:
/Pi wrote:
^

Never thought I'd here that coming from you an avid WOW worshiper...

I wouldn't say worshiper. I highly advocated playing WoW over any other shitty MMO because it's the best in the business. It had(key word there) the best qualities and features and everything came together seamlessly.

Then they went super casual Kung Fu Panda meets Pokemon meets Farmville meets Hello Kitty Island Adventure. Pass.