Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: SRF Moderator Roundup 11-2012
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:06 pm 
Site Owner

SRF is looking for a couple new moderators.

Our staff has dwindled over the last year, as people become busy or lose interest in the task at hand. We need some help around here - not just because of spam threads, but active participation and fresh ideas too.

Said individuals would meet the following criteria:

• Play silkroad online. This is imperative as few of us still do. Keeping in touch with the community and being able to particpate in topics related to the game would be very beneficial to the forum.
  • Uphold the rules of the forum. We don't need a obsessive compulsive thread locker, but we do need to bring order to the chaos.
  • Maintain a postive attitude. Despite the current state of the game.. and its bots.
  • Appreciate new users. Even if they are noobs. Even if they ask dumb questions. Without new users, the forum suffers greatly.
  • Show responsibility. Don't power trip on us or have a rage episode in the off topic lounge.
  • Respect the current forum staff. That means me too, unfortunately. 8)
  • Stay legit. Moderators caught cheating get the axe. Even if you are an outstanding, loveable person.

You may comment, volunteer, nominate. You may do that here, or through my inbox.

Post subject: Re: SRF Moderator Roundup 11-2012
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:19 pm 
Elite Member

I wanted to be a moderator, then I read the first criterium... :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:34 pm 
Loyal Member

We got a nice amount of new members when Salvation forums got closed, in order to get more we need backlinking rule for the other sro versions section, like in epvp.

We also need less strict rules, making the permanent ban the very last possible choice for the veterans, it's sad to see active old members getting banned permanently for something insignificant.

Maybe unbanning the old members that got banned for botting would be a nice start to refresh this forums, and change the rule to(do not discuss bot related topics).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:41 pm 
Forum Legend

Sanktum wrote:
Even though you don't play the game anymore.. You still may have a chance to being a Moderator. lulz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:09 pm 
Dom's Slut

I wouldn't mind being some sort of half mod or some shit, I just want to delete those spam bot threads when they come up lul.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:04 am 

"Play Silkroad Online" Kinda broad, do private servers count? Official servers (including cSRO, kSRO, etc) only?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:57 pm 
Forum Legend

I think the first criteria kinda excludes most people here, esp. cause there isnt a specific private server people go to..

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 pm 
Forum God

got a bit of free time on my hands and i keep quiet these days on the forum. wouldn't mind helping out as i check up most days.

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:19 am 
Ex-Staff

Ryoko wrote:
  • Play silkroad online. This is imperative as few of us still do. Keeping in touch with the community and being able to particpate in topics related to the game would be very beneficial to the forum.
    I am still quite active on a pserver and I keep up a little bit with iSRO's progression. I might not be able to help out with all the questions people might have about the game but I'm sure I can still answer most of them.
  • Uphold the rules of the forum. We don't need a obsessive compulsive thread locker, but we do need to bring order to the chaos.
    I've always followed the rules, and I plan to enforce them to the best of my abilities.
  • Maintain a postive attitude. Despite the current state of the game.. and its bots.
    I have always been mainly positive about the game. Everyone has his moments though.
  • Appreciate new users. Even if they are noobs. Even if they ask dumb questions. Without new users, the forum suffers greatly.
    If you take a look at the Q&A section you can see I never shy away from a question. And if I for some reason don't know the answer I will help them find it somewhere else.
  • Show responsibility. Don't power trip on us or have a rage episode in the off topic lounge.
    I'm a down to earth guy, I would only show the 'power' when I believe there is no other solution.
  • Respect the current forum staff. That means me too, unfortunately. 8)
    I always did, even you ;)
  • Stay legit. Moderators caught cheating get the axe. Even if you are an outstanding, loveable person.
    I wouldn't think of it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:33 am 
Site Owner

Sanktum wrote:

This has a lot to do not only with questions and general discussion of the game, but interest level as well. Its tough to mod a forum for a game you don't even play anymore. Thats why we really do need someone(s) still in touch with the game.

Crysis wrote:
We got a nice amount of new members when Salvation forums got closed, in order to get more we need backlinking rule for the other sro versions section, like in epvp.

Can you elaborate more specifically
Quote:
We also need less strict rules, making the permanent ban the very last possible choice for the veterans, it's sad to see active old members getting banned permanently for something insignificant.

Have been considering a 3 point infraction type system that essentially disciplines and governs itself. The major kink in this idea is that there are no PHPBB mods that do this. Thus, like many things, major extensive scripting and code editing (designing) required.

Quote:
Maybe unbanning the old members that got banned for botting would be a nice start to refresh this forums, and change the rule to(do not discuss bot related topics).

I have often considered it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:54 am 

In regards to backlinking, he might be referring to how epvp doesn't let you see links until you're registered and logged in. That has it's perks and it's downfalls, you'll get more registers, but you'll also have more "junk accounts" that just get created to see links.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 am 
Loyal Member

Nope, backlinking means that whoever wants to advertise his server in our other sro versions section has to put a backlink to our forum in his website.
so in order to get this free advertising he has to return the favor and link back to his thread in srf.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:26 am 
Dom's Slut

Ryoko wrote:
Sanktum wrote:

This has a lot to do not only with questions and general discussion of the game, but interest level as well. Its tough to mod a forum for a game you don't even play anymore. Thats why we really do need someone(s) still in touch with the game.

Gonna have to vote Xmoshe then, fits all criteria afaik. :sohappy:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:53 pm 
Elite Member

Ryoko wrote:
Sanktum wrote:

Well, I don't actively play it but I'm still interested in it. I would be playing on our own pserver if we had the money for a server. The pserver is kinda done and ready though. That's why I haven't done much related to Silkroad in the past months. Though I still come here about 10 times a day or something.No social life.

But yeah, XMoshe would be a good candidate since he's been around for a long time and has contributed a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:35 pm 
Forum God

i don't play either but that mainly due to not been able to on the uni network but im stil here and check the updates

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:42 pm 
Forum Legend

XMoshe and Master Wong for MODS!!!!!1111

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:00 am 
Forum God

XMoshe and Squirt! I mean CrimsonNuker!!

woutR wrote:
Squirt, you're a genius when it comes to raping women.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:28 am 
Ex-Staff

Like Ryoko said we really need someone in the mod group that plays SRO still as none of us still do, thats a really big thing, we do understand that not many of the veteran members still do, but it is something that needs to happen. Even if you only play Pservers i would suggest at least sending a PM, i would assume that we would like to a have a large pool of people to pick from. That's just from me anyway Ryoko might not feel the same.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:01 pm 
Forum God

might try a pserver seeing as i cant connect to proper sro at uni but its not the same i like the challenge for leveling rather then this 1000% (haha if you get the joke) exp shit xD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:09 pm 
Forum Legend

XMoshe is a good "mod Candidate, no doubt. Well, honestly.. there's plenty of good candidates for mod position.
But damn. you won't be SRF'S Ghost anymore
If you become a mod.. xD @XMoshe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:07 pm 
Forum God

I'm the right guy for the job.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:44 pm 
Forum Legend

Ryoko wrote:

Quote:

I have often considered it.

That would be very nice! Times have changed Ryoko, SRO is a dying game and shouldn't be the standard for the forum rules. I enjoy visiting this forum more then I ever enjoyed playing SRO. It would be nice to see all the old members coming back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 pm 
Elite Member

But how many of them will even want to come back?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:55 pm 
Dom's Slut

Sanktum wrote:

This. Too bad if they do come back, they'll be back with a knife stuck in their backs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:32 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh shit lol completely missed this.

I only fail the first criteria.
If you need someone to no-life moderate OTL, OG and AC then I'm your man though. Those seem to get the most spambots anyway :S

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 pm 
Elite Member

poehalcho wrote:
If you need someone to no-life moderate OTL, OG and AC then I'm your man though. Those seem to get the most spambots anyway :S

Then I volunteer for Site Discussion. ^^

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:34 pm 
Veteran Member

I'll volunteer, I feel that I fit the criteria given.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:40 pm 
Site Owner

Thanks for the comments and submissions. Its good to see people interested in the welfare of the forum.

CrimsonNuker wrote:
Sanktum wrote:

This. Too bad if they do come back, they'll be back with a knife stuck in their backs.

I dont see it as a knife in the back, persay. Guidelines are set to participate on the forum. Its an individuals choice whether or not they follow those guidelines.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:01 am 
Dom's Slut

Ryoko wrote:
Thanks for the comments and submissions. Its good to see people interested in the welfare of the forum.

CrimsonNuker wrote:
Sanktum wrote:

I dont see it as a knife in the back, persay. Guidelines are set to participate on the forum. Its an individuals choice whether or not they follow those guidelines.

Not in that context, but more of a "now you know who your real friends are" type of thing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:38 am 
Ex-Staff

Rules are rules if you ask me. They know well enough they passed the line and they had to suffer the consequences. That is nothing personal to them if it's up to me. I'm sure they will feel differently about it.