Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 178  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:03 am 
Ex-Staff

Another question:
Is engeneering/mining useful to a mage? And what is better: a gnome or human mage?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:04 am 
Forum Legend

tiglari51 wrote:
Another question:
Is engeneering/mining useful to a mage? And what is better: a gnome or human mage?

racial-wise, probably a gnome. Looks: Human.

As for jobs, the mage standard is prettymuch enchanting/tailoring. Which ad ive found out works extremely well, so i would advice taht combo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:13 am 

i have a lvl 70 fire gnome mage :)

EDIT : if this is you're first character,i would advice going with skinning/herbalism or skinning/mining

the reason,is that two gathering proffessions give a lot of money :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:17 am 
Forum Legend

so does selling/buying/reselling and enchanting. reason im a firm believer in enchanting/tailoring is that they actually are handy for the mage itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:24 am 
Ex-Staff

Thank you. I guess I will go gnome. And what school of magic should I invest in first? arcane, fire or ice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:26 am 
Forum Legend

i'd say fire. for the higher damage, and so faster kills/faster leveling.

Ill prolly respec to frost at higher level, but no need for that now. UNLESS you want to go aoe grinding, but thats prolly only worth it from 40 and on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:33 am 
Banned User

Engi/mining + mage= Pwnage.
Those grenades are f*ckin' lovely... <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:40 am 

Quote:
so does selling/buying/reselling and enchanting. reason im a firm believer in enchanting/tailoring is that they actually are handy for the mage itself.

funny, i went with that combo myself too,dont get me wrong its a good combo and will supply you with good gear,but at lower lvls enchanting will only be a money sink

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:40 am 
Forum Legend

hmm forgot about the nades... but i don't really see myself thinking about throwing nades in battle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:02 am 

I've gone Tailoring/Enchanting on my Warlock, not been able to get over a gold yet. But having those professions has been fun :P I'm sure when i'm higher lvl I will start making the money :D

On my priest I was Tailoring and Herbs, I made the mistake of changing to Jewelcrafting and Mining when tbc come out. I wish I stayed Tailoring, but I wanted a change :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:19 am 
Forum Legend

idd, ull make some serious cash with those professions later on in the game.

allthough, at 20, run DM, if you're lucky enough this recipy "Minor beastslaying" enchant will drop. Then you casn learn this one and give you're weapons a nice red glow. Now i've seen people pay 10G to get that on they're weapon at 20.

hasn't dropped for me yet :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:42 am 
Frequent Member

I have mining/JC and they are really good profissions for my hunter.
but jc is really expensive to raise and burns out all my ores and bars i get from mining, but after level 300+ JC i can start making money using it cutting gems.

The sands of time for me are running low.

Can it be that there's some sort of error.
Hard to stop the surmounting terror.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:04 pm 

Priam wrote:
idd, ull make some serious cash with those professions later on in the game.

allthough, at 20, run DM, if you're lucky enough this recipy "Minor beastslaying" enchant will drop. Then you casn learn this one and give you're weapons a nice red glow. Now i've seen people pay 10G to get that on they're weapon at 20.

hasn't dropped for me yet :(

My warrior is also an Enchanter (on another server though) She had 2 reciepes of beast slaying. But i think both were given to me :P
But beast slaying isn't ideal for a warlock, it would just be waisted.
Kinda pointless paying 10g for a weapon that you'd only use for a few lvls. I paid 200g for my +healing enchant on my staff :( that was on my priest.

With tailoring the good money maker is making bags, the 16slot bags and more, use to go for 15g+ on my other server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:50 pm 

skulldiver wrote:
not directly, but in some way he did.
i'm only 1 lvl away from the cap on my hunter, and then going to lvl my second hunter :p

Whats the point of having a second hunter when you can respec?

And priam, You said you had a 23 human mage? What kind are you now? Gnome? or did you re-roll Horde?

Also: Priam, that Whole "Minor Beastslaying" enchant dropping, ive ran VC wayyy too many times, and it has NEVER dropped for me, plus the enchant itself is only around 2g, their mats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:09 pm 
Forum Legend

Krais wrote:
skulldiver wrote:
i'm only 1 lvl away from the cap on my hunter, and then going to lvl my second hunter :p

And priam, You said you had a 23 human mage? What kind are you now? Gnome? or did you re-roll Horde?

Also: Priam, that Whole "Minor Beastslaying" enchant dropping, ive ran VC wayyy too many times, and it has NEVER dropped for me, plus the enchant itself is only around 2g, their mats.

i'm a 24 draenei mage now, no horde :) sorry

ye tried ti bid on it today, but got outbid up to 6G which im never gonna pay for it. I only want it for the glow tbh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:18 pm 

Priam wrote:
Krais wrote:
skulldiver wrote:

i'm a 24 draenei mage now, no horde :) sorry

ye tried ti bid on it today, but got outbid up to 6G which im never gonna pay for it. I only want it for the glow tbh.

Yeah but to be honest, your better off getting a +3 or +5 hell mabey a +7 weapon damage glow, looks better, and increases your damage on ALL mobs, not just beasts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:19 pm 
Forum Legend

true, but i have no clue when i'll be able to enchant that, at what lvl etc,,,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:21 pm 

Priam wrote:

My friends enchanting is 225, and he put +5 weapon damage on his 2 handed staff, and +3 weapon damage on my 1 hander..

Cant wait till he can put +5 weapon damage on mine, that blue glow is just soooo coooool >_> :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:27 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Krais wrote:
Priam wrote:

My friends enchanting is 225, and he put +5 weapon damage on his 2 handed staff, and +3 weapon damage on my 1 hander..

Cant wait till he can put +5 weapon damage on mine, that blue glow is just soooo coooool >_> :twisted:

my paladin's is around that at level 36, but i've had my guild give me huge amounts of greens and blue to disenchant. On another server, I started a char and picked up enchanting as well - both times I got beastslaying for like 30s, and no one ever wants me to put it on their weapon. It seems like enchanting only pays off near the cap. Can it make huge amounts of money? Yes. Will it take huge amounts (for a new player) to level it? Yes. I wouldn't suggest it for a first char.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:29 pm 
Forum Legend

u got it from the AH or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:34 pm 
Banned User

dom wrote:
Krais wrote:
Priam wrote:

my paladin's is around that at level 36, but i've had my guild give me huge amounts of greens and blue to disenchant. On another server, I started a char and picked up enchanting as well - both times I got beastslaying for like 30s, and no one ever wants me to put it on their weapon. It seems like enchanting only pays off near the cap. Can it make huge amounts of money? Yes. Will it take huge amounts (for a new player) to level it? Yes. I wouldn't suggest it for a first char.

Enchanting only really pays off when you start selling the dusts and shards etc. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:37 pm 

I lvl'd Enchanting on my warrior, I had my priest so I would send gold to my warrior and also farm low lvl instances on my priest and send any green or blue items to my warrior to disenchant. At around lvl 45 (still lvl 48 lol) I would sit on IF bridge and sell +FR on cloaks for 4g including mats. I would make about 60g in an hour. This was b4 tbc and most guilds were doing MC, and needed the extra FR (fire res) for rag. I think also this was b4 I had an epic mount on my priest (I have 3 now :P) So I needed the gold :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:41 pm 
Forum Legend

damn rich ppl :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:59 pm 
Loyal Member

Yeah enchanting is profession where money makes more money. Too bad I didn't have money so I went with skinning/LW. Skinning makes money but LW is FTL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:06 pm 

Im 83 on my Enchanting, my character is lvl 19. Kinda started on a new server. So I haven't got the help my from my main. I've lvl'd that far just from enchanting my own gear. My tailoring is 100 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:10 pm 
Loyal Member

yeah but you've done enchanting leveling before so you know what to look for in drops, AH... what's the easiest way to level up. Things are easier the second time around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:30 pm 
Frequent Member

Dunno people told me JC makes big money after level 300+
I am almost there, level 205 right now and have mats for like 250 still collecting..
Following this guide or whatever it is..
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 3&sid=1#40

The sands of time for me are running low.

Can it be that there's some sort of error.
Hard to stop the surmounting terror.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:34 pm 
Ex-Staff

tailoring is ok, I mean it's nice to be able to make my own bags, but TBH I can buy a mooncloth bag on the AH for 9g or less if i'm patient. Selling the materials will make more money than that. So I've given up on tailoring ~ 275ish (it's on an alt anyways). Making the top tier gear is tough as the drops of the patterns are scarce, the materials are scarce and frankly there are equivilant items that drop or can be bought with rep. In the long run it costs more to level the skill than you'll make.

Skinning and mining are the best way to create gold out of nothing IMO. Herbalism too, but not as much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:10 pm 

mining is a huge money maker, thanks to jewelcrafting,it did stabilize the last months,but when tbc came out,i was making 100 g or more a day.
every1 just wanted to lvl jc as fast as possible and just bought ingredients from ah(i started farming ores,gems etc when first heard of jc, so i had lots to sell xD)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:11 pm 
Advanced Member

hellsharpt wrote:
tailoring is ok, I mean it's nice to be able to make my own bags, but TBH I can buy a mooncloth bag on the AH for 9g or less if i'm patient. Selling the materials will make more money than that. So I've given up on tailoring ~ 275ish (it's on an alt anyways). Making the top tier gear is tough as the drops of the patterns are scarce, the materials are scarce and frankly there are equivilant items that drop or can be bought with rep. In the long run it costs more to level the skill than you'll make.

Skinning and mining are the best way to create gold out of nothing IMO. Herbalism too, but not as much.

For a mage, warlock or priest, tailoring is amazing. I have gear that's essentially equivalent or better than Tier 5 and I haven't even stepped foot into SSC. The BoP stuff you can make, the patterns are sold in Shattrath. The Spellstrike stuff, I have on pattern already and the other is in an instance I have to run a few more times anyway.

For a mage, the best way to squeeze the most damage possible out of your gear is tailoring/enchanting, without a doubt. Now money, that's a different story...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 178  Next