Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5331 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 178  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: For Wow Players.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:16 pm 
Regular Member
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 219
I'm installing buring crusade, and I'm new too WoW can anyone suggest me what class would be enjoyable to play with(grinding,pvp'ing;etc).

Thanks.

_________________
<<banned from SRF for remaking a banned account. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:21 pm 
Ex-Staff
Offline

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 3003
Location: Khadgar
I enjoy beast master hunter (blood elf or Orc) and Affliction warlock (undead).

Very nice for PvE questing solo or in groups.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:25 pm 
Regular Member
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 219
hellsharpt wrote:
I enjoy beast master hunter (blood elf or Orc) and Affliction warlock (undead).

Very nice for PvE questing solo or in groups.



From warcraft 3 beastmaster summons right? or it shapeshifts.

_________________
<<banned from SRF for remaking a banned account. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:45 pm 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2168
Location:
Troy
hellsharpt wrote:
I enjoy beast master hunter (blood elf or Orc) and Affliction warlock (undead).

Very nice for PvE questing solo or in groups.


Nice for ease of killing :P

Pick whichever class seems to appeal most to you. That or just try all the classes to 20ish and pick the one you like the most.

_________________
I'm in your posts, stealing your quotes.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:24 pm 
Regular Member
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 219
cuchulainn wrote:
hellsharpt wrote:
I enjoy beast master hunter (blood elf or Orc) and Affliction warlock (undead).

Very nice for PvE questing solo or in groups.


Nice for ease of killing :P

Pick whichever class seems to appeal most to you. That or just try all the classes to 20ish and pick the one you like the most.



Great Idea.

_________________
<<banned from SRF for remaking a banned account. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:44 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 9924
Location: västkustskt
Don't listen to the 'play what you like' myth. Start a hunter and level him to 20. Pick up tailoring and mining or herbalism. Sell all the stuff you get from herbalism or mining at the auction house (use the search feature to find out how much other people are selling them for) and do not buy any equipment. Simply use the equipment you find.

By 20, you should understand the classes and such better, be able to make yourself bags and have enough cash to start out nicely. After hitting 20 on a hunter, you should then restart as what you like.

But probably, like everyone, and as cuchulainn hinted to, you'll end up picking what you think you like, getting to 20 and trying another. Try them all out if you must.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:52 pm 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2168
Location:
Troy
dom wrote:
Don't listen to the 'play what you like' myth. Start a hunter and level him to 20. Pick up tailoring and mining or herbalism. Sell all the stuff you get from herbalism or mining at the auction house (use the search feature to find out how much other people are selling them for) and do not buy any equipment. Simply use the equipment you find.

By 20, you should understand the classes and such better, be able to make yourself bags and have enough cash to start out nicely. After hitting 20 on a hunter, you should then restart as what you like.

But probably, like everyone, and as cuchulainn hinted to, you'll end up picking what you think you like, getting to 20 and trying another. Try them all out if you must.


Eh, I just started with a mage and leveled to 70. I liked it enough so I stuck with it. Can always reroll. Unlike SRO, it's not a long-ass grind to the cap. Hell, now that I know what I'm doing I could prolly level 1-70 in about a month.

I do have to agree herb/mining/skinning pick two is gonna make you money the quickest.

_________________
I'm in your posts, stealing your quotes.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:22 pm 
Frequent Member
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1232
Location: Burning Blade (PVP)
Don't pick mining and herb togather as you can't track them both.
Go mining/skinning or herb/skinning.

Also hunters are good in pvp ;)
just got my hunter to level 43 :D

_________________
I'm waiting in my cold cell, when the bell begins to chime.
Reflecting on my past life and it doesn't have much time.
'Cause at 5 o'clock they take me to the Gallows pole,
The sands of time for me are running low.

Can it be that there's some sort of error.
Hard to stop the surmounting terror.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:02 pm 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2168
Location:
Troy
Deadly EYez wrote:
Don't pick mining and herb togather as you can't track them both.
Go mining/skinning or herb/skinning.

Also hunters are good in pvp ;)
just got my hunter to level 43 :D


I have mining/herb on my alt and it's not that hard to check the area I'm in for both. Just swap the tracking every now and then so I make sure i cover everything.

_________________
I'm in your posts, stealing your quotes.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:42 pm 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1699
Location: Silicon Valley
WoWwiki has this macro but I haven't tested out. Supposedly, it switches between mines and herbs. Spam it to track both.

Code:
/castsequence [nocombat] find herbs, find minerals

_________________
Sig
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." Anonymous


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:46 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 3104
Location: _______
Go gnome or go home.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:11 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1115
Location: Sarajevo
Bad:

1. Don't do mage, i got bored on lvl 15.

2. Don't go hunter, it's 10x worse then mage, my friend has a lvl 61 and hates it.

Good:

1. Warlock, you can make pets, and just put buffs on your enemy until he dies xD

2. Rogue are also very fun and interesting.

3. Paladins are also very good.

Others:

1. Warrior, seems pretty good, my friend has a lvl 70 one and say it's very good.

2. Shaman, don't really have any experience.

3. Druid, can't say bad or good... But my friend got a 70 and seems pretty handy.

_________________
Stopped playing SRO a long time ago; still pr0.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:34 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 4167
Location:
Off Topic
How comes no one ever says anything about priests. I enjoy playing my priest. You can either be shadow or holy. Always need a good priest in raids, coz no other class comes near to the healing that priests can do. Also good for pvp, being a shadow priest.

But its all down to personal opinion, every one will say do what their class is (yeah ive done the same) I think maybe you should go with the class that you like the sound of.

My first ever character was a druid, lvl'd her to 21 and got really bored. So I decided to go priest instead. I've made other character, but at the end of the day I will always go back to my priest.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:42 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 3104
Location: _______
Roll something important IMO, tank or healer. It really really sucks grouping with bad ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:06 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 9924
Location: västkustskt
Usually everyone loves mages and hunters.......

For a main i'd do what shiz says, you can never get enough healers. And, on my server we have a major lack of tanks. It's 2-3x easier finding healers.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:44 am 
Regular Member
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 219
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm gonna try mage first since I love spells.

_________________
<<banned from SRF for remaking a banned account. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:47 am 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1062
Location: rehab
Just don't make a Feral Druid and pretend like you can be a healer for a party.

You will piss people off.

_________________
Image
[Sparta][Pure STR][Lvl 5x]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:40 am 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 7885
Location: At the apple store, Cause i'm an iAddict.
Great_Master wrote:
Bad:

1. Don't do mage, i got bored on lvl 15.

2. Don't go hunter, it's 10x worse then mage, my friend has a lvl 61 and hates it.

Good:

1. Warlock, you can make pets, and just put buffs on your enemy until he dies xD

2. Rogue are also very fun and interesting.

3. Paladins are also very good.

Others:

1. Warrior, seems pretty good, my friend has a lvl 70 one and say it's very good.

2. Shaman, don't really have any experience.

3. Druid, can't say bad or good... But my friend got a 70 and seems pretty handy.


U got bored on a mage, and stayed awake on a warlock? weird cus a mage actually needs u to stay awake while bashing stuff.

Anyway, yes people, i've crossed over. never thought i would. Stopped playing SRO for a while since school took up all my time, and decided to try something new.

rolled a draenei mage, got to say, mages r fun!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:45 am 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 4167
Location:
Off Topic
Priam wrote:
Great_Master wrote:
Bad:

1. Don't do mage, i got bored on lvl 15.

2. Don't go hunter, it's 10x worse then mage, my friend has a lvl 61 and hates it.

Good:

1. Warlock, you can make pets, and just put buffs on your enemy until he dies xD

2. Rogue are also very fun and interesting.

3. Paladins are also very good.

Others:

1. Warrior, seems pretty good, my friend has a lvl 70 one and say it's very good.

2. Shaman, don't really have any experience.

3. Druid, can't say bad or good... But my friend got a 70 and seems pretty handy.


U got bored on a mage, and stayed awake on a warlock? weird cus a mage actually needs u to stay awake while bashing stuff.

Anyway, yes people, i've crossed over. never thought i would. Stopped playing SRO for a while since school took up all my time, and decided to try something new.

rolled a draenei mage, got to say, mages r fun!



Mages are one class i've never really tried.. I played a Priest, Hunter, Warrior, Warlock, Shaman...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:56 am 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 7885
Location: At the apple store, Cause i'm an iAddict.
what i did, i tried every class to 12 (i know 20 wouldve been better) and then decided what to play. I've always been INT in sro (xept for my last char) cause i actually like the low health, and ofcourse the high damage. it adds something extra.

So probably from the beginning i would've been mage, warlock or priest. I liked mage the best of the three, and continued that one.

22 now.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:47 am 
Advanced Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2168
Location:
Troy
ShizKnight wrote:
Roll something important IMO, tank or healer. It really really sucks grouping with bad ones.


Yeah, plus it sucks when the only tank you can find gets pissy easy. Yelling at them for breaking sheep while another mob is there to kill then again for waiting 10-15 seconds to attack the sheeped mob seems to piss them off. Then again, he sucked anyway so meh. WTB a tank that I can't steal aggro from with 2 scorches 5 seconds after he pulls. No heroics for Aoife when you scare off the only tank that wants to come :(

_________________
I'm in your posts, stealing your quotes.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:59 am 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 7885
Location: At the apple store, Cause i'm an iAddict.
ran DM yesterday, got fkin pissed at our tank + healer, man never seen such shitty ones of the two.

The blue cloth chest dropped :) needed it (like everyone else) and finally got lucky with a roll :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:27 pm 
Regular Member
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 219
I tried a Draenei Mage and leveled it to 8, Currently playing 10 Night Elf Hunter.

From playing those 2 I noticed that I earned a lot of gold while playing the mage than the hunter, and I leveled faster too.

_________________
<<banned from SRF for remaking a banned account. -SG>>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:30 pm 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 7885
Location: At the apple store, Cause i'm an iAddict.
HeavyDutyLagger wrote:
I tried a Draenei Mage and leveled it to 8, Currently playing 10 Night Elf Hunter.

From playing those 2 I noticed that I earned a lot of gold while playing the mage than the hunter, and I leveled faster too.


could be in the beginning, later IF you BM spec the hunter, that 1 will level way faster. i've had a hunter up to 17, night elf, and got kinda bored at that point, mage is more challenging, which is why i like it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:28 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1200
Location: Once Xian, Now Garrosh (US). TEXAS IRL!
HeavyDutyLagger wrote:
I tried a Draenei Mage and leveled it to 8, Currently playing 10 Night Elf Hunter.

From playing those 2 I noticed that I earned a lot of gold while playing the mage than the hunter, and I leveled faster too.


Roll horde if you want to be good at pvp.. :)

_________________
ImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:35 pm 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 7885
Location: At the apple store, Cause i'm an iAddict.
Foilin wrote:
HeavyDutyLagger wrote:
I tried a Draenei Mage and leveled it to 8, Currently playing 10 Night Elf Hunter.

From playing those 2 I noticed that I earned a lot of gold while playing the mage than the hunter, and I leveled faster too.


Roll horde if you want to be good at pvp.. :)


Like that even matters, maybe some racials are better, but personal skill in button bashin and timing makes up for more.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:59 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1200
Location: Once Xian, Now Garrosh (US). TEXAS IRL!
Priam wrote:
Foilin wrote:
HeavyDutyLagger wrote:
I tried a Draenei Mage and leveled it to 8, Currently playing 10 Night Elf Hunter.

From playing those 2 I noticed that I earned a lot of gold while playing the mage than the hunter, and I leveled faster too.


Roll horde if you want to be good at pvp.. :)


Like that even matters, maybe some racials are better, but personal skill in button bashin and timing makes up for more.

Horde is made up of the more seasoned players... really they are... if you want to get good gear via BG it will take you 3-4x longer :D and you wont be surrounded by 12 yearolds

_________________
ImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:37 pm 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 399
Funny, on alot of the servers I play on, the Alliance out-number, and out-maneuver the horde :)

_________________
Image
Want one? Go to http://www.mixjah-design.com/halobar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:52 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1200
Location: Once Xian, Now Garrosh (US). TEXAS IRL!
Therealmixmax2 wrote:
Funny, on alot of the servers I play on, the Alliance out-number, and out-maneuver the horde :)

So maybe they just no how to play. when you have 3 Allience to 1 horde, you dont even need to be better, you just need to know how to play. on my server and on most allience cant do jack in the BG's. And what level are those toons on those servers... because they might just be more twinks you're playing with. just trying to get the info here :)

_________________
ImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:15 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1391
Location:
Alps
Be a Human warlock ;)

They are fun.. You get pet summons


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5331 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 178  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group