Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [GUIDE] Alchemy guide [Ryoko] (general)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:06 pm 
Site Owner

I've seen a lot of posts in the past about alchemy, and how some people can never +5 their items or weapons.

Alchemy can be very frustrating, but at the same time very rewarding. Alchemy is one of the better things about silkroad that I like. Much like gambling it is very addicting, and its always something to do when your bored of grinding.

70 levels of silkroad, and I still can't wait to get out of work and play.

So today I will share with you - my alchemy.

I'm not rich and none of my protectors are SOS, but thats besides the point. (Shout out to all players who are legit and poor! :D )

I see a lot of people say they've used 80 some elixirs and don't have a +4 weapon. I see a lot of people complaining that they have used 6 astrals and their weapon always fails.

Alchemy 101

The biggest secret to alchemy is right in the help file, as follows:

If I purchase an item, and it goes 1-2-3 very easily, I know it can go to +4.

If the item fails on 2's and 3's, you know its going to be difficult to get +4.

If the item goes 1-2-3-4 easily, I know the item can go to +5.

If it was real easy to go +5, this item has potential to be +7.

If it took 50 elixirs to get to +4, your going to have a very hard time getting +5.

I think people lose a lot of money because they just won't admit the item has bad luck. Eventually, its time to put the item down and try a different one. There are reasons some people get +5 on the first try, and you couldn't get it with 80 elixirs.

Maybe it takes a couple tries, but I usually get it. Sometimes I buy items cheap and +5 them just to sell them again.

My chest and gloves would never go +5. I replaced them. Chest went on second try. Gloves went on fourth try.

Both of my rings went on first try. But my earrings didn't. After a couple million in elixirs, I replaced them, and +5'ed my new ones third try.

My +7 bow went about like this. 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3-4-4-5-6-7.

Here are some examples of very rewarding moments.

Why won't your item go +5 ?

-The item has poor luck, and probably won't go +5 easily.
-Some items were never meant to be +5
-You have no discipline, and you crammed 40 elixirs in the window and lost them
-You told yourself it has to go eventually' which is only somewhat true.

Will you +5 my item?

No. (^_~)

Lucky

Don't think anyone knows how lucky 'truly' works. Neither do I. But heres a hypothetical theory.

You fail. You use a lucky. Its not enough - you still fail.
You fail. You use a lucky. Its enough - and succeeds.
You succeed. No lucky used.

This *tries* to explain the lucky phenominum:

Succeed without remove
Succeed with remove
Fail with remove.

The Goods

I rarely share info about my character... and I really wanted to finish the +5 set. But the cap might go up and these will be sold. So heres my current works. Shoulders and boots unfinished, because they suck.

Following that, a project I just finished (glaive). It took 4 astrals to make it +5, so I dont think Im going to try +7.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]