Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [GUIDE] Alchemy guide [Ryoko] (elixirs)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:17 am 
Site Owner

This guide is to explain how to use elixirs to improve your items based on previous posts. Each time you wish to enhance an item, you need three major components.

The Item to Enhance. The item can be anything you wear on your character, provided you have the proper elixir.

The Proper Elixir. There are four kinds of elixirs
  • Intensify Elixir (Weapon) For enhancing melee and ranged weapons
  • Intensify Elixir (Protector) For enhancing armor, and armor pieces
  • Intensify Elixir (Accessory) For enhancing rings and jewelry
  • Intensify Elixir (Shield) For shields of course!
Lucky Powder. Depending on the 'degrees' of the weapon.

:!: Enhancing an item does not always work. Its a luck chance. This is what the lucky powder is for. When the chance fails, you lose ALL previous enhancements you placed on the weapon! Each weapon has a 'degrees'. This is the degree of the lucky powder you need to use.

Some items have special bonuses for alchemy. Most bonuses have charges. Each time you mix the weapon, it will use one of these charges. If it was Steady 3 times before the mix, it will be Steady 2 times after mixing.
  • Steady: If the enhancement fails, it has better chances not to lose the previous enhancements.
  • Luck: Same as the lucky powder. Adds a little more luck on an item and improves your chance of success.
  • Imortality: Increases the chances your weapon won't break.
Lets Begin the Mix

In this guide I am going to enhance a chest protector. Not all items are worth enhancing! The cost you could pay for an elixir could well exceed the worth of the final item. Especially if you have lower level items, and your going to toss them away soon. Its probably NOT worth using an expensive elixir to enhance it.

The item I chose is a protector for a level 21 character. It already has some great stats on it, so I will spend a little more to further enhance it.

First, I put all three items into my inventory, and open the 'Alchemy' menu under 'Actions'. There is a spot for each item on the Alchemy window.
When everything is ready, we press 'Joint' and pray the enhancement is a success. Remember, it doesn't always work.

If it was successful, you will see this message in your chat window.

If the enhancement is a success, you will see additional bonuses on items. There is no fixed bonus. If we compare the result below with the original item, we have a little more physical and magic defense, and +1 to intel. You don't always get bonuses to your stats - so this is a lucky mix!

(If you see something, please comment, and we shall revise!)

Last edited by Ryoko on Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]