Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [GUIDE] Alchemy guide [rabbit] (tablets)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:15 am 

Tablet Alchemy Guide

1. Obtaining Tablets
There are one of two ways to obtain tablets: monster drops or buying them

2. Analyzing the Tablets

Note: For the examples in this section I have omitted the possibility of failures for brevity. The failure rate of the tablet from personal experience as well as from the experience of others seems to be higher than elixir alchemy.

Tablets come in many flavors
Ruby, Jade, or Sapphire
LvL 1-8
Specific to Purpose (i.e. philosphy, life, challenge)

Ruby, Jade, or Sapphire
Ruby Tablets reroll the attribute you wish to change. In plain English this means that whatever you want to change can be changed to any number.
i.e. Crit 5-> Crit 1-17 (I'm not altogether sure the highest crit you can get
although from observations the lower crits are definitely more likely)

Jade Tablets initially add the attribute, which results in a random amount. Then, if you aren't satisfied with the result you can use another tablet but this time the attribute will be rerolled. Using a jade tablet results in blues.
i.e. First time using a jade tablet of int result in +2Int.
We're not satisfied so try again.
Second time using jade tablet results in +2Int->+1-5Int

Sapphire Tablets manufacture Drug of Breeze, Wind, Gale, and Typhoon. These increase your speed by a fixed amount (XX%) for a fixed amount of time (1 hr, I think it the standard time for the increase)

LvL of Tablet
The level of the tablet corresponds with the degree of the item you wish to enhance.
i.e. LVL 1 Tablet for 1st degree so LVLs 1-8

Type of Tablet
The different names (after the jade and ruby part) separate tablets into the things they enhance.
For a list of tablets and what they enhance visit: http://sro.mmosite.com/alchemy/tablets.shtml
The site also lists the elements needed for each tablet to make it a stone, but that's getting ahead of where this guide is right now.

3. Elements
Elements are obtained in one of three ways: disjointing monster byproducts, destroying equipment, or buying them from other people. There are different types and lvls of elements of course.

Types of Elements
Earth Image
WaterImage
Fire Image
WindImage

LvL of Elements
As with tablets, element lvls correspond to the degrees of equipment, but only in the sense that a lvl 2 monster, which corresponds to degree 1, will only drop byproducts which can be broken into lvl 1 elements only. A lvl 8 monster, which corresponds to degree 2, will drop byproducts which can be broken down into lvl 1 and lvl 2 elements. Degree 3 = LvL 1+2+3 elements so on and so forth.

Disjointing Monster Byproducts
Monsters drop some pretty weird stuff now such as hair, stones, and charms. These can be broken down into elements.
For a list of the elements (type, lvl, and amount) byproducts will break down into: http://sro.mmosite.com/alchemy/material.shtml Another place to visit with an interactive monster map and byproducts is: http://lododesign.com/map.html

AT THE MOMENT neither of these sites have a complete list for the byproducts in Takla Makan.

Steps to Disjointing
1. Buy Void Rondo from the grocer in any city.
Note: You will need at least one Void Rondo per breakdown so you buy a few to save yourself some trouble. Ctrl+Click will buy a stack of 5000. At a cost of 20 gold per Void Rondo that's 100k gold for a stack so you may not want to buy an entire stack. I recommend buying 500 or 10k gold's worth to start.
2. Go to Alchemy under the Actions tab
Note: The Alchemy defaults to the Materials Processing page, but in case you click the other tab by accident, make sure that's the page you're on.
3. Place Void Rondo in the single box on the left
4. Place Monster Byproducts in the other boxes.
Note: The game won't let you place in the Monster Byproducts unless you place the Void Rondo in first.
5. Press Fuse All
Note: If you have a lot of byproducts this could take some time so go do something else. In addition, you must have enough space in you inventory for all the elements (at least 4 empty spaces for a byproduct); if you have a lot of different types of byproducts, you're going to need a lot of space if you want to get them all processed in one go.
6. Congratulations you now have elements. You will probably want to store them as you need quite a bit in order to actually do any alchemy.

Destroying Equipment
You can also destroy stuff you wear or weapons you use into elements. There is no way to tell what you will get prior to destroying an equipment item. It's luck. The only thing which is constant is this: You will only get elements, tablets, and stones up to the degree of the equipment item you are destroying.

Steps to Destroying
1. Buy Destroyer Rondo from the grocer in any city
Note: Destroyer Rondos are a bit more expensive than Void Rondos 400 gold apiece and equipment destruction for the most part uses more than 1 Destroyer Rondo. I personally do not use this very often so play around to see how many you want to buy at a time; however, I DON'T recommend Ctrl+Click.
2. Go to Alchemy under the Actions tab
Note: The Alchemy defaults to the Materials Processing page, but in case you click the other tab by accident, make sure that's the page you're on.
3. Place Destroyer Rondo in the single box on the left
4. Place equipment to be destroyed in the other boxes.
Note: The game won't let you place in the equipment unless you place the Destroyer Rondo in first.
5. Press Fuse All
Note: Make sure you have at least 4 inventory slots open.
5. Congratulations you now have elements. In addition, you may have obtained tablets and/or stones from the destruction of your equipment.

Buying Elements
Make sure to specify the type and level of the element you need when shouting for elements. "WTB ELEMENTS" is rather inspecific and causes extra time on you and the seller's part with additional questions or even having a seller who doesn't have your element type/lvl pm-ing you. Elements can be quite expensive so it's preferable to make your own or have nice friends.
Alternatively you can trade an element type you have with someone else who has the element type you need. You save gold this way. I personally haven't tried this as the ones I usually need are the ones which everyone else needs.

4. Stones
Now you have all the necessary ingredients to make stones. The stones are what you actually need to enhance equipment. Stone can be made, found, or bought.

Making Stones
Having a tablet isn't enough. Having elements isn't enough. We have to put them together.

Steps to Making Stones
1. Check your tablet to make sure it's the right one for your enhancement purposes. Critical Parry Ratio IS NOT Blocking Ratio (*coughs* I made that mistake ^-^)
2. Look at the bottom of that tablet to see the lvl of each element that you need as well as the amount.
3. Once you have the correct amount of elements for the correct tablet go to the Alchemy window.
4. Place the tablet into the single box on the left hand side of the page.
5. Place the elements into the other boxes.
Note: The order you place the elements doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you have excess elements; the alchemy will only use the amount needed. If you try to place the wrong lvl element, it simply won't go in. Make sure you place the tablet in first or it won't let you place the elements in.
5. Press Fuse All
Note: If you don't have enough elements, nothing will happen. Make sure you have at least 1 inventory slot open. In addition, you can only create 1 stone at a time even if you place 2 tablets and enough material for both to be turned into a stone. You have to put the tablets and the elements in again to create another one
6. Congratulations, you now have a stone.

Finding Stones
By finding I mean you can find them through the destruction of equipment. Refer to the section on Elements for how to destroy equipment.

Buying Stones
If you happen to not have a substantial amount of the elements needed to make the stone you want it may be more economical to buy a stone since stones cost less than the elements needed to make it in some cases.

Attribute Assimilation
One aspect you need to be aware of is the attribute assimilation percentage. This percentage can be 10,20, or 30 as far as I know. I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the success rate of the tablet. It DOES, however, indicate the chance something else will change (aka be rerolled) if you "succeed" during item enhancement.
i.e. You succeed in changing the crit of an item but the attack rating also changes (it can go either up or down)

5. Item Enhancement
Ah, now we get to what the point of this guide. All that work...

Steps to the Actual Enhancement
1. Go to Alchemy page under Action
2. This time make sure you're on Att. Enhancement page
3. Place the equipment item you want to enhance into the single box on the left side
4. Place the stone in the box which opens up on the right
[i]Note: The game won't let you place the stone in until you place in the equipment item first. Also, you DON'T need lucky powder.
5. Press Fuse
6. Congratulations, you have used a stone. Now, you've either suceeded or failed. The nice thing is that failure doesn't wipe out the attribute you're trying to enhance. The bad thing is that success could wipe out a nice attribute.

Update 7/29/2006
-Analyzing Stones Retitled
-Trading Elements
-Destroying Equipment Updated

Update 7/30/2006
-Pretty Pictures

Updated 4/28/2007
-New link for Byproducts (digitilize disappeared awhile ago)
-Added link for interactive map

Last edited by rabbit on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:19 am, edited 5 times in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]