Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Amarisa's Newbie Sigs!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:26 pm 
Veteran Member

^ Agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:16 am 
Elite Member

I never change a signature after I save it.

I cba :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:33 am 

lol well i made a fifth one >.> decided not to edit the current one.

is it just me or is Anime easier to work with?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:04 am 
Forum Legend

Stop? don't stop! Keep "playing" with the PS4.

Imo, the samus sig was the best. The others..err, not bad for a first attempt? i think

ImageImageImage
WE WANT [ TORCHLIGHT II], [TERA ONLINE], [BLADE&SOUL] AND... [DIABLO III].

~* Old Sigs *~
[x][x][x][x]

Post subject: Re: Amarisa's Newbie Sigs!!! 6th sig added
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:08 am 

well added a new siggy nothing too special about it just like i said trying new things.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:53 pm 
Veteran Member

I don't think the 6th sig is half assed. Great for a first for a new style. I don't even know how to make that. Teach me. :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:48 pm 
Frequent Member

Your 6th sig was different than others but if you really want to keep going forward try to use some blend modes with c4d it will look much nicer by the way don't forget the flow :) youre getting better

Post subject: Re: Amarisa's Newbie Sigs!!! 7th sig added oh boy
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:14 am 

well made a 7th lol once again trying new stuff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:56 pm 
Frequent Member

Keep trying. Your new sig seem better then the rest ;)
Btw, try using Blending Modes, Gradient Maps, Some Effect C4d's. Create some flow by smudging 20 original layers with Scattered brushes and with lot's of blending modes ofcourse (thats how i made my flow and bg of current one).
Anyhow good luck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:01 pm 

can anyone give me an idea for a new one? lol i got nothing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:04 am 
Veteran Member

look at some tutorials. use the killzone one. ^_^

Post subject: Re: Amarisa's Newbie Sigs!!! 8th sig added
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:11 am 

well i'm up to 8 sigs total and i'm not sure if i'm increasing in skill anymore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:56 am 
Frequent Member

Spoiler!

Look^
Comments there and i suggest to start reading tutorials, because it's too hard to learn all by yourself. After you read some tutorials you can do by yourself and you will only need remember what tools/gradient maps/brushes or other stuff you was using.
I hope i helped you.
Sincerely,
NS
EDIT
And yes i know i made mistake and I'm too lazy to fix it it should be Overblured

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:29 am 

Noobs_Slayer wrote:
Spoiler!

Look^
Comments there and i suggest to start reading tutorials, because it's too hard to learn all by yourself. After you read some tutorials you can do by yourself and you will only need remember what tools/gradient maps/brushes or other stuff you was using.
I hope i helped you.
Sincerely,
NS
EDIT
And yes i know i made mistake and I'm too lazy to fix it it should be Overblured

you just have to ruin everything of mine! besides i cant stand the tutorials i never can it has to be in person or on my own.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:46 am 
Forum Legend

Noobs_Slayer wrote:
Spoiler!

Look^
I hope i helped you.
Sincerely,
NS
EDIT

You're quite rude. I think its pretty neat sig over there for a starter.

ImageImageImage

~* Old Sigs *~
[x][x][x][x]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:48 am 
Frequent Member

Amarisa wrote:
Noobs_Slayer wrote:
Spoiler!

Look^
I hope i helped you.
Sincerely,
NS
EDIT

you just have to ruin everything of mine! besides i cant stand the tutorials i never can it has to be in person or on my own.

Whatever. If you want to get better You will have to read them anyways, so stop arguing with me.For example: I am reading new tutorial every day and learning something new, so the least I can do is strongly recommend you to read at least 20 tutorials and give try again and you will see difference. You may not like tutorials but at least try. It's better to regret something that you done instead of something you did not dare to!
Sincerely,
NS

Quote:
You're quite rude. I think its pretty neat sig over there for a starter.

Well someone has to be that "kick" to keep You forward. By the way if no one critique you can't actually go forward. Tell me if my thoughts are wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:54 am 

Noobs_Slayer wrote:
Amarisa wrote:

Whatever. If you want to get better You will have to read them anyways, so stop arguing with me.For example: I am reading new tutorial every day and learning something new, so the least I can do is strongly recommend you to read at least 20 tutorials and give try again and you will see difference. You may not like tutorials but at least try. It's better to regret something that you done instead of something you did not dare to!
Sincerely,
NS

well iv looked at tutorials tried to learn from them. maybe i just lack creativity or the right side of my brain died. when i read the tutorials i go "oh that looks easy" i start up gimp and i have no Farking idea where to start or what to put in or anything along those lines.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:58 am 
Frequent Member

Amarisa wrote:
Noobs_Slayer wrote:
Amarisa wrote:

Sincerely,
NS

well iv looked at tutorials tried to learn from them. maybe i just lack creativity or the right side of my brain died. when i read the tutorials i go "oh that looks easy" i start up gimp and i have no Farking idea where to start or what to put in or anything along those lines.

Try downloading "cracked" PS. No one will know, honestly. I don't know anything about GIMP so i can't say anything about it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:01 am 

Noobs_Slayer wrote:
Amarisa wrote:
Noobs_Slayer wrote:

Sincerely,
NS

Try downloading "cracked" PS. No one will know, honestly. I don't know anything about GIMP so i can't say anything about it

its not the fact that i don't have PS (because i do have a "cracked" version and never use it) its just now that i have been using gimp it would be difficult to switch.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:08 am 
Frequent Member

Amarisa wrote:
its not the fact that i don't have PS (because i do have a "cracked" version and never use it) its just now that i have been using gimp it would be difficult to switch.

Well i believe PS CS4 is way better than GIMP because new ps has better blending modes than before and much more new options.
I <3 PS, Now I'm gonna stop spamming Your topic and wait for new creations of yours. Try to make following tutorials and post here :P
Sincerely,
NS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:09 am 
Forum Legend

Noobs_Slayer wrote:
Amarisa wrote:
Noobs_Slayer wrote:
Spoiler!

Look^
I hope i helped you.
Sincerely,
NS
EDIT

Sincerely,
NS

You're the one arguing here. Let her be. She might be bad doing signatures for you, but for me its fine. We all have an unique style. There's no need to be extremist, and there's not such thing as perfection. I mean, it's fine you're trying to help (is that what i think) but, i think u put so much pressure, imo.
I am a noob to make signature too, it can't be helped...

ImageImageImage

~* Old Sigs *~
[x][x][x][x]

Post subject: Re: Amarisa's Newbie Sigs!!! 9th sig added *sigh*
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:24 am 

well i just made a new one using lighting effects and other things though i'm sure it could of been better if you know conditions were different.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:29 am 
Veteran Member

Amarisa wrote:
Noobs_Slayer wrote:
Amarisa wrote:

Well from what I've heard, it's not that hard to switch. And you'd want to do it now, not to wait a few more months trust me. Just try doing with PS a work or 2 without tutorials, then do one with it; that's how I did, and my first tutorial was this one. After that most of the sigs I've done were with tutorials, and I stopped using them when I realized I learnt the basics and could continue without them.
So my suggestion is, switch to PS and follow some basic looking tuts, as you can learn much faster from them, then just from critiques you can get here.
As for the sig, I kind of disagree with Noob_Slayer. Problem is that the focal looks desaturated, while the c4d next to it feels grey too, but saturated. So my suggestion is, to make a balance between all that, just make it black/white, that is, drop a black/white gradient map; it would fix the blending.
Another problem I see is a lack of light source, which really kind of handicaps the tag.
P.S: Whenever you use c4ds, resize them!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:54 pm 

Melez wrote:
P.S: Whenever you use c4ds, resize them!

i did resize the c4d >.> well the 9th one is starting to grow on me lol. maybe NS should bash my sigs more often cuz the lighting i did makes it looks nice and so on >.>

Post subject: Re: Amarisa's Newbie Sigs!!! 9th sig V2 added
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:17 am 

sorry for double post but i'm going to stop making sigs because well i can apparently place all the c4ds and renders right but i just cant get the colors. yay for no artistic skills

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:38 pm 
Forum God

Amarisa wrote:
sorry for double post but i'm going to stop making sigs because well i can apparently place all the c4ds and renders right but i just cant get the colors. yay for no artistic skills

lol, just keep practicing and they will come.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:25 pm 

HejsaN wrote:
Amarisa wrote:

your right i just needed to encourage myself to try harder >.>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:31 pm 
Veteran Member

Amarisa wrote:
HejsaN wrote:
Amarisa wrote:

your right i just needed to encourage myself to try harder >.>

Tuts are always there >_> They really help for a start.

Post subject: Re: Amarisa's Newbie Sigs 10th sig o.0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:36 pm 
Veteran Member

for incorporating colours trying a colour wheel so you can learn what colours co-respond with eachother
Noobs_Slayer is the new kirk?

Post subject: Re: Amarisa's Newbie Sigs 10th sig o.0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:27 pm 

Your 10th sig is really nice Amarisa :) I'd try blurring the render's edges a bit, or give it an overlay layer (if Overlay exists in GIMP). (Note that I say "try" please :P Dunno for sure if the outcome would be better)

Anyways, GIMP is a great program too, I guess you should use whatever suits you best.

On such a perfect night
the moonlight lingers softly in the air,
and to the moon's delight,
it shimmers slightly dancing in your hair.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next