Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Practice makes perfect.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:26 am 
Loyal Member

So I have been casually playing with photoshop and trying to get my skills up. I find it enjoyable now to just sit down photoshop while I listen to music. I was trying to learn how to use masks, filters, and overall try to fit multiple objects into one picture without it looking fake.

Here is what I got after playing with it for a bit. Any suggestions on stuff to add/fix? I am always up for advice!

Spoiler!

Post subject: Re: Practice makes perfect.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:06 pm 
Forum Legend

Well, at the moment, I don't have any suggestions to give.
But damn.. It looks cool!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:52 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It still looks pretty obviously fake. for starters it doesn't blend in well due to it's sharpness. even the most upfront buildings don't show nearly as many details. you should blur the elephant a bit. second off the light play is wrong. most of the buildings seem to have a higher contrast and lower brightness. not only should the ass side be lighter, but the shadow on his foot below the stomach should be much darker.
you should perhaps also consider making a slight mist or w/e around his feet as seen around the buildings behind his feet

oh yeah. one more thing. the large tower in front of his head should have a shadow on his head...

EDIT:
another thing: might just be me, but the elephant seems to have a sort of white outline, like he hasn't been cut successfully from the stock image.

sorry if I sound harsh :P
I get really pissed of when I see incorrect examples of these type of images. So I'm really trying to help you correct it.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:24 am 
Loyal Member

Nah, I like the criticism. It gives me a reason to come back and touch up/add new features to the image. I have adjusted the contrast/brightness a bit right now. I am going to add a little more blur to the elephant and then work on adding shadow from the tallest building on his head.

If anyone else has suggestions don't be shy. 40 views and 2 comments means we either have a lot of lurkers or people are being too shy :P

Be creative! It's a work in progress.

EDIT: What is a good way of adding the shadow to his face for it too look realistic?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:37 am 
Advanced Member

cannot see.