Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Art/Photography Schools
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:52 pm 

Anyone went to or currently attending one? I'm currently enrolled in a different major and I'm graduating next month. I wanted to take some photography classes on top of my continued healthcare major. My question is: is it worth attending an entire 2-4 year course in a college (community or something like ICP) or would a couple of 5 to 9-week sessions suffice over time?

I'm thinking of attending Photo Manhattan for a short session (or maybe 9 weeks) but I'm not sure if it would be better to just apply to a college that offers a 2-year photography course or one of those dedicated art schools like the International Center of Photography (not likely due to $$$$).

:?

Spoiler!

Post subject: Re: Art/Photography Schools
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:41 am 
Common Member

You'd might be surprised as to how informative the 5-9 week short-courses are. I'd definitely recommend one of them, even if it's just to make sure you can handle the work load of your major and the short-course. Most major cities have plenty on offer, even if through private companies or university.

Good luck.