Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: My TwitchTV stuff
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:25 am 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So as of late I've ended up helping a couple of people out with setting their twitchTV channels straight, and I figured it'd be cool to show off some of the stuff I made :D

Darkomicron's Orange overlay
I made this one for a friend who went fulltime SC2 pro for a year.
It looks pretty cool in my opinion, but we quickly found out it's a bit distracting... lesson learned.
Spoiler!

Darkomicron's Blue overlay
So after we realised how distracting the orange one is, I started working on this one. It's a lot more neutral, but it also ended up being plenty more complex @_@. There's a small difference between this version and the last one I sent him. He requested that I remove the 'bulge effect' on the monitor, though personally I like it better with it, seems more authentic :P. also fixed the TV lines effect since it's behind the text in this version. Finally I made the blue-purple~ish stroke lines darker... But they're all pretty small changes I didn't really feel like going through the trouble of making a preview pic of the latest version >.<
Spoiler!

EDIT: you know what, here's the latest version after all :D
Spoiler!

Tumescentpie's background
I don't personally know Tumescentpie, but I ended up becoming pretty fond of his stream. He's trying to obtain a position in the sc2 scene where he can live of money from streaming or other related business. Looking at his current situation he may just go pretty far with it too. He's somehow managed to get a good relationship with Team Quantic, so I'm guessing that's where he'll end up after some time. Hence the Quantic logo on the top left

So anyway, I made this one for him yesterday, since his own one looked like it was made in paint. He hasn't had the chance to check it out yet, so I'm curious for his opinion. I've made 2 versions because the first one looked a little chaotic on the left side (the Quantic logo):

v1:
Spoiler!

v2:
Spoiler!

Unfortunaly it's not possible for me to make a fullsize screenshot of a twitchTV page. But since it's a little vague to judge it from these images here's a link to my own channel where I'm previewing the v2.
http://www.twitch.tv/poehalcho

BONUS:
I made a wallpaper based on the replay analysis program SC2Gears' Word Cloud function. It's basically a wall of text consisting of the shit I've said to people while playing :D
v1:
Spoiler!

v2:
Spoiler!

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Post subject: Re: My TwitchTV stuff
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:20 am 
Elite Member

idk anything about photoshop and shit but this looks pretty cool :) must be fun to mix your hobbies like that and make some epic stuff.
V1 wallpaper definitely better than v2 btw

<< :giveup:>>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:40 am 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah it's pretty cool I guess. It's almost the only thing that makes me open up photoshop :D.

Tumescentpie asked me if I could just add his social stuff in there, so I added them and he's using it now. :yay:

Now I've also made his banner, he took a quick look at it on stream but hasn't done anything with it. Said something about being 'too sporty'...
I'm not really sure what the problem is with it, as I actually like the banner better than the BG @__@.
I know it's a little abstract, but it looks pretty good as a whole imo...

preview of the entire setup: http://www.twitch.tv/tumescentpie <- now live on tume's page :D

can someone give some CC?
Spoiler!

EDIT:
ok got message. guess he just didn't wanna deal with it on stream. He switched em up later and started using the original one. I just got message that he tohugh the black letters may be a little hard to read, to which I agree as it was something that crossed my mind this morning too.

So I've made this 2nd version, that bypasses the issue:
Spoiler!

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:52 pm 
Forum Legend

Pretty cool stuff.. xD