Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Art site content ideas?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:11 pm 
Common Member

I'm going to attempt to make an art site, the usual stuff, gallery, about, etc. But does anyone have any other good ideas to add as content? I've asked people this for literal years at this point but never got any real answers. I want to get back into drawing and coding while giving people a reason to visit. Can anything think of any additions? I've started becoming interested in animation and music but that's a bit tough for right now.

I know I've posted a thread for filters before but I can't remember or find one for content.

Appreciate this if you read it =)

Post subject: Re: Art site content ideas?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:09 am 
Elite Member

So you're looking for content ideas?

With an art site, I'd go on a limp and say.... art? :p
But seriously, though, I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for? Create a gallery for sure, but also do a small "blog post" on each image / audio clip / whatever you're making. That way, it'll be easier to share and with a bit of luck, it'll have an easier time ranking on Google too.

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:58 am 
Common Member

ltsune wrote:
So you're looking for content ideas?

With an art site, I'd go on a limp and say.... art? :p
But seriously, though, I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for? Create a gallery for sure, but also do a small "blog post" on each image / audio clip / whatever you're making. That way, it'll be easier to share and with a bit of luck, it'll have an easier time ranking on Google too.

Yep, gallery was the main thing, was thinking a blog too but it would be total nonsense, as I sort of want to make the site unusual from others and not so serious or professional/business-y. What would YOU be interested in seeing if you visited an weird art site?

Also thanks for replying, I've been asking my brother and Jackal for years and neither have ever been able to give me a single idea.

Ranking in Google..ranking in Google...so much art theft.....soooooo much.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:10 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wait so, you want it to be a personal artwork showroom (like a deviantart page?) or do you want it to be something like a place where you share art you think is cool? (e.g 'the great art collection thread' below...)

Anyway if I made something like that it would probably have content like this:

- A space for my personal gallery with apt descriptions and ideally some from of process recordings (like speedpaint vids for example)
- Tutorials, tips and tricks
- Some sort of feed for art I run into that catches my eye and I want to share with others. Probably with a short analysis on why it seems notable.
- Random Rant blog section where I can talk about whatever is on my mind.
- A twitch stream embed and youtube video collection page + maybe other media like twitter / instagram

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:47 pm 
Common Member

poehalcho wrote:
Wait so, you want it to be a personal artwork showroom (like a deviantart page?) or do you want it to be something like a place where you share art you think is cool? (e.g 'the great art collection thread' below...)

Anyway if I made something like that it would probably have content like this:

- A space for my personal gallery with apt descriptions and ideally some from of process recordings (like speedpaint vids for example)
- Tutorials, tips and tricks
- Some sort of feed for art I run into that catches my eye and I want to share with others. Probably with a short analysis on why it seems notable.
- Random Rant blog section where I can talk about whatever is on my mind.
- A twitch stream embed and youtube video collection page + maybe other media like twitter / instagram

Deviant art is where my first stolen art piece occurred, some 13 year old smudged out my copyright and was selling it on imvu. Stupid little c- anyway no, nothing like that, I'd sooner use Pixiv.

I want to have my own homemade layout, my gallery, senseless blog (I don't particularly feel like being open on the net), perhaps a little about me and what I use section. Though I use Flash Pro 8....as outdated as it is. I did get the last and latest version of it however so now I have more options to work with.

Tips and tricks sound great too but I'm not sure what I draw is worthy of a section like that, still it's defiantly something to consider.

Twitch, twitter, instagram...I dunno, too social. I wonder if you can make instagram look like a nice layout.

Speed paint vids sound really great, though sometimes I sit here and do nothing while thinking, I'd have to learn how to record and edit.

I wanted my own oekaki so people could go someplace to draw but I need to find a host and the original oekakipotatoe site. I always used to have them but my brother would host them, his comp is too busy with FF14 stuff now though.

Thank you for the input, poehalcho!