Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: New avatar and icon set
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:11 am 
Valued Member

Wondering what people think. The forum seems to have a lot of erm.. poor quality sigs or sigs which just don't make sense in context of the forum, so I figured WTF I'd change that at least a little and make myself a set of SRO icons in my style.

The lines are really my insignia persay. Everything I do has either a cross in the corner or a single line just off from the side.

Orange, yellow and blue are my colours. Blue just made it too cold to work with so I went with a really bright orange and just said screw it.

Newtype is my guild
Astray is my name on Venice
Chosen of the Dice Gods is a joke among friends as I'm so lucky on Venice.

So any general feedback would be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:38 pm 
Elite Member

I think it's an attempt to try and make a nice sig the paintshop pro's have but I think you need a bit more experience with photoshop.
Now before you bash me for my sig , I have never even looked at photoshop and I have this sig for fun.

<< :giveup:>>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:13 pm 
Valued Member

Two points. I'm awesome with photoshop. It's something I have a natural talent for and I'd be more than willing to put my skills against anyone in basic photoshop skills. I like simple sigs which arn't too big and get to the point.

Your sig I have no problem with. It's dicking around and crappy because it's just messing around. That's cool with me and I'd judge it by that standard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:39 pm 
Loyal Member

GelGooG wrote:
Two points. I'm awesome with photoshop. It's something I have a natural talent for and I'd be more than willing to put my skills against anyone in basic photoshop skills. I like simple sigs which arn't too big and get to the point.

Your sig I have no problem with. It's dicking around and crappy because it's just messing around. That's cool with me and I'd judge it by that standard.

Ewww, thats harsh. But please, take some constructive criticism, your way to egotistical about your ps skills. You arnt really that great judging by your sig, it is two lines and some poorly rendered words. So please, just say thanks for the advice, get better and move on. You do not have to get all huffy.
GelGooG wrote:
I have a natural talent

That is just way too much for me.. :banghead:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:27 am 
Valued Member

Making a simple sig based on style not "ZOMG LOOK HOW UBER MY SKILLS ARE" isn't the same as "lol look how uber my sig is". I see no reason to put 3-4 hours work into a sig when it's not even a forum I come to that much.

You missed the point, nice one :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:39 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

3-4 hours of work into a sig is sad. I don't know anyone who spends more then 30 minutes.