Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: My first time...:S plz rate
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:13 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

this is my first time so dont be too mean :)

Any tips for me next time i try to make one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:26 am 
Valued Member

Where the original picture from? The hat looks totally out of place..

I like it, the only oroblem I see is the black around the hands is rather out of place. Some of it is outlined and some of it isn't a more universel outline would of worked better.

Less lense flare thing things.. the blending is rather dirty because of it (you can see where the colours change. But that may just be the gif.. Never use gif, ever.

JPG = For images with lots of colours and blending
PNG = replacement for Gif in everything but animation. It has more colours but uses few of them. losses very little data and is basicly just an all round better format for clean crisp images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:30 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

ya i messed up on the hands

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:07 am 
Casual Member

the dude with the hat is from street fighter, so ring up capcom and tell them to get rid of the hat if you dont think it fits, im sure you know better than them :P

i think for a first attemt its good... goo had some good points but i think he was a tad harsh considering this IS your first attempt :)

i think its good, but yeah the render on the hand part is a bit dodgy, but that could be fixed with a bit of patience :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:29 am 
Valued Member

SoldjahBoy wrote:
the dude with the hat is from street fighter, so ring up capcom and tell them to get rid of the hat if you dont think it fits, im sure you know better than them :P

i think for a first attemt its good... goo had some good points but i think he was a tad harsh considering this IS your first attempt :)

i think its good, but yeah the render on the hand part is a bit dodgy, but that could be fixed with a bit of patience :)

Capcom haven't done shit but Megamas rehashs and street fighter remixs in years. I'm sure I can design better than 90s hack jobs :P

Being harsh is always good. If I went "oh it looks great, just the hands a bit funny" he learns next to nothing. If I trash it and tell him how to improve it then he learns a lot more even if his pride suffers a lot.

My policy is to be honest to the point of pain but also to say how to improve while I do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:06 pm 
Valued Member

Well i like it, and its great work for the first time :)

keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:11 am 
Casual Member

GelGooG wrote:
Capcom haven't done shit but Megamas rehashs and street fighter remixs in years. I'm sure I can design better than 90s hack jobs :P

I have two words for you-

Resident Evil

and a few more you may have heard of-

Devil May Cry
Darkwatch
Legend of Kay
Beatdown
Onimusha
Clock Tower 3
Steel Battalion
Monster Hunter
Darkstalkers
Night Warriors
Viewtiful Joe

so dont go capcom bashing... its obviously been awhile since you have played any new games... and being harsh is ok when its warranted, IE if someone who normally has really high quality work and makes some piece of crap - but someone who is obviously new at these things are going to make fundamental mistakes, and you should point them out, not grill them for it.

my 2 cents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:35 am 
Valued Member

SoldjahBoy wrote:
Resident Evil
Devil May Cry
Darkwatch
Legend of Kay
Beatdown
Onimusha
Clock Tower 3
Steel Battalion
Monster Hunter
Darkstalkers
Night Warriors
Viewtiful Joe
my 2 cents

I love Resi evil but.. they're done nothing worth while since RE2. Just rehashs and erm.. losing the plot (aka RE4).

DMC.. I love it too but please man.. Man + trench-coat+guns = DMC basicly. Nothing really original in there.

Games people have heard of please. Okithx?

Onimusha.. wow it's like samurais and stuff.. oh the original designs.

Clock tower - SNES rehashs don't count.

Western mecha looks identical man, you can't call that designing jack.

Dark stalkers - 90s beat em up with better animations.

Again no ones ever heard of that.

Okay I've got this GREAT idea.. right we take a sentai show (power rangers) and we put a Gundams V-fin on the helmet.. OKAY THATS THE IDEA WHAT DO I WIN!?

But this is getting off topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:33 am 
Casual Member

GelGooG wrote:
SoldjahBoy wrote:
Resident Evil
Devil May Cry
Darkwatch
Legend of Kay
Beatdown
Onimusha
Clock Tower 3
Steel Battalion
Monster Hunter
Darkstalkers
Night Warriors
Viewtiful Joe
my 2 cents

I love Resi evil but.. they're done nothing worth while since RE2. Just rehashs and erm.. losing the plot (aka RE4).

DMC.. I love it too but please man.. Man + trench-coat+guns = DMC basicly. Nothing really original in there.

Games people have heard of please. Okithx?

Onimusha.. wow it's like samurais and stuff.. oh the original designs.

Clock tower - SNES rehashs don't count.

Western mecha looks identical man, you can't call that designing jack.

Dark stalkers - 90s beat em up with better animations.

Again no ones ever heard of that.

Okay I've got this GREAT idea.. right we take a sentai show (power rangers) and we put a Gundams V-fin on the helmet.. OKAY THATS THE IDEA WHAT DO I WIN!?

But this is getting off topic.

this has now gone completely off topic, but i have one last rebuttle before its over....

you say those games, and types of games arent original? pick any game from the last 5 years that is original. you cant.... want to know why? its all been done before. all these FPS games, are all "re-hashes" (as you put it) of wolfenstein and the doom series.... dare i say anything about Fifa 2006? its the same as Fifa 2005, which is the same as 2004, which is the same as 2003, etc etc etc.

the thing you fail to realise about capcom in particular, is that all of thier games are FUN to play. who cares if they re-invented the wheel or whatever. John MacCormack has done that with EVERY game that ID has ever made. At least capcom have branched out a little and made different KINDS of games.

and lastly, this whole thing started when you said that capcom hasnt made anything apart from strret fighter games in years... then i pointed out a few of the other games they HAVE made, and you changed your argument.

I don't want to this to end up in some stupid war, so im going to end it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:19 pm 
Loyal Member

I think that your sig looks great for your first time. The hat looks fine because it resembles the background. I also really like what you did with the text. Other than the wierd coloring on his hand I think it looks fine.