Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [GUIDE] Money making guide [ShizKnight] (general)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:01 am 
Veteran Member

Well, we've all been there. Down in the dumps, poor as hell with only a few thousand to your name. We've all.... Been poor :oops:

However, we can all pull ourselves out of this slump of suckage and bring ourselves wealth. How, you ask? Good question, one that I hope to answer!

If anyone in Troy knows me, they'll know my name is a synonym for poor ass noob.... Well, not really, but you know what I mean.

Newbie Mistakes for Making Money

These are the things you don't want to do. You'll end up worse than where you started.

- Do NOT do Multistars, unless you have leet people in your union, to make money. In fact, I disapprove of overall trading unless you've been having low drops, and are over the level of 52(Thieves will reeeally have to work hard to pop you)

- Do NOT Thieve. Thieving gets you low profit, unless you rob a huge trade. Don't do it.

- Don't grind whites. Just don't do it. You lose too much gold on pots, if you, by chance don't get a drop.

- Don't scam. Don't ask why, or you shouldn't be on this forum.

- Don't buy gold. I extremely dislike the buying and selling of other people's efforts.

- Don't beg. Waste of time. People hate you. You won't get gold. Waste. Of. Time
These are the main mistakes people make, which lead them to poorness.

Things I Would Recommend for Making Gold

- Grind greens. At my level(60) I can pick up more gold in one grind trip than pots cost me(around 240k). And if you get an item drop, you get even more profit. Green is the color of money, so grind them!!!

- Take out a small loan, enough to get pots for 3-4 grind runs. Make sure you repay it, though.

- Buy low, sell high. This is most easily accomplished with elixers, since they usually have a 'standard' price. Buy them cheaply, and sell them at the average price. FYI: Prot Elix: 50-60k, Weap Elix: 250k, Acc Elix: 35k.
If you know the market well, you can do it with equips, and a LOT more profit can be gained that way.

- Disjoint things for elements, and sell them. The average market price ATM is about 1k per. Sell them lower than that, and you should be able to get a decent amount of customers.

- Action gets you out of poverty, not words. Do not sit there and feel sorry that you're poor. Go out, and get some gold, and in an honorable fashion. Grind greens, resell items, don't scam, disjoint, anything that you think can get you profit as long as its nothing dishonorable.

I hope this guide helps you fellow players down in your dumps almost ready to beg at another's feet to get back up and become a regular member of sroSociety, one that won't grovel, and one that can afford to buy gear without loans.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]