Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [GUIDE] Money making guide [solidsnake] (tips)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:15 pm 

I find it hard to believe that so many people are poor in this game. One thing I like about SRO than FFXI was the ease of getting money. I could go into Jangan, and easily make 100k from buying low and selling high.

Some people say to sell armors that are not +1 or Blue/SOS/etc to the merchants and then stall everything else, but I find that not entirely true. As long as I don't get booted from the game, I can stall at least 100k a night. I have had over 500k since level 14, and I am an INT player that doesn't rest while playing (lots of potions). I also have +STR on nearly all of my equipment.

They key is to plan ahead; if you see something that you will need reasonably soon for a decent price, buy it and put it in storage. It is better than reaching a level where you have to spend hours hunting for a decent weapon or armor and end up paying too much for it! Also, you could put your elixir drops to good use by making your next level weapon really nice. I did this with a level 21 +3 STR spear that I purchased at level 17.

+ Quests will knock two birds with one stone: they give you XP per kill and they will give you XP when the quest is done. The money isn't bad either. It is win/win!

+ Everyone wants the best equipment for their level, so even the regular armor will sell for at least double the store price. Make sure your stall is always full!

+ Selling Elements will make you rich, but for that reason buying elements will make you poor

+ One star trade runs will net you AT MOST 60k with a camel, not including expenses. I do them for fun, not for money. If you start trading right at level 20, you run the risk of some powerful mobs attacking your pitifully slow camel/horse, or some asshat thief who thinks spawning his NPC's on you is great fun (seriously, a one star trade is almost worthless to a high level thief, why thieve it?). Angst ridden kids love making your one star trading a nightmare in this game. :x

+ Stall, stall, and stall some more. No danger of thieves and more money. Leave the game up while you sleep with your stall open.

+ Profit 8)

EDITED

Last edited by solidsnake on Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]