Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [GUIDE] General Pk2 guide
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:15 pm 
Valued Member

Heres it is, kids. Your nice lovely list of tuts for editing pk2 :)
I still have to add a lot of pictures to help you guys, but this is the basic info. Most of this information comes straight from other people's tutorials but I have added a bit to clarify meaning :)

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR MEDIA.PK2, Place it on your desktop or something and do NOT rename it. I have a file on my desktop with all my media.pk2's in em filed by the mod :)

Also, don't forget to exit the hex program when you start the game, or it will corrupt the file!!!

Contents:

-->1.Modifying Weapons
-->2.Modifying Clothes
-->3.Modifying Your wolf
-->4.Modifying Your glow/Seal
-->5.Further mods??

>>1.Modding Weapons<<
The easiest step in all this. Taken from http://www.silkroadforums.com, credits to pantrofl.
Quote:
ok first off allllllllllll..
Make a backup file of ur Media.pk2 in ur silkroad directory
you need to download this :
http://www.handshake.de/user/chmaas/del ... /xvi32.zip

ok now open up the file xvi32.exe
once u opend go to
File > Open > [Your silkroad directory] > Media.pk2
after u opend media.pk2 you go to
Search > Replace > click on the box infront of 'Find' > Text string, and click as Unicode aswell, also on the right boddom of the Replace window click instead of Cursor on Begin like this :

ok now fill in the codes to get ur degree into the degree u want it to

weapon codes:

item\china\weapon\sword_XX.ddj
item\china\weapon\bow_XX.ddj
item\china\weapon\spear_XX.ddj
item\china\weapon\blade_XX.ddj
item\china\weapon\tblade_XX.ddj (glavie)
item\china\shield\shield_XX.ddj

ok.. XX signifies each degree you are wanting to change.. for instance 08 is degree 8 and 01 is degree 1 and so on.. anyways, now u fill in the top 'Find' thing you just clicked on as in the image one of the weapon codes i just gave, this will be the degree u want to change to an other degree

and in the second 'Replace with' thing you just clicked on as in the image one you pute in the same weapon code as in the top one for the desired degree u wont

example:
Find:
item\china\weapon\sword_07.ddj (7th degree sword)
Replace with:
item\china\weapon\sword_09.ddj (9th degree sword)

Next you must replace the bsr also.. bsr is what you see on your char or in the world. ddj is what you see in inventory.

example:
Find:
item\china\weapon\sword_07.bsr (7th degree sword)
Replace with:
item\china\weapon\sword_09.bsr (9th degree sword)

>>2.Modifying Clothes<<
This is realllllly easy. Easier then modding weapons actually.. Props to pantrofl. Anyway:
Quote:
For clothes these are the codes:
'
\clothes_XX (garment)
\light_XX (protector)
\heavy_XX (armor)

do the same as what we just did with the weapons, but now u fill this in
*Remember* there is no .ddj / .bsr needed with clothes

Example :
Find:
\clothes_07 (garment 7th degree)
Replace with:
\clothes_09 (garment 9th degree)

>>3.Modifying Wolf<<
This is quite a bit more complexed and many of you may have lots of questions on this portion. Hit me, avalanche or cruor up on AIM for help (me:"TheAssassin",Cruor:"cruor313",Avalanche:"coloradofan1090").. All credits in this go to Cruor, the hex god :)) Screenshots will be added soon.
Quote:
All this is done through editing characterdata.txt in media\server_dep\silkroad\textdata.

I typically extract the latest one and make a backup.

Next I open it up in a text editor. Then I look for the .bsr file that I want to use. For the fox girl it's "char\china\chinawoman_fox.bsr". Next I scroll down to where it says "COS_P_WOLF_044" because my wolf is level 44. I scroll to the right and paste the fox girl's .bsr file over "cos\p_wolf_02.bsr". Then I scroll all the way to the bottom of the file until I see "COS_GUILD_EU_SOLDIER9_140" and other variants of it. Those are high level Euro mercs. I look to the right of them for a reference to "cos\guild_eu_soldier9_scroll.ddj" which is their icon and replace it with "cos\cos_c_horse1.ddj" to make some extra space. How many I replace depends on how much space I want. Finally I save that file.

Now I find the file size of the original file. Then I open up my modified file in a hex editor and scroll to the bottom. Finally, I add in null bytes until it has the same file size as the original file.

The final step is opening up Media.pk2 in my hex editor, searching for "FF FE 31 00 09 00 31 00 39 00 30 00 37 00 09 00 43 00 48 00 41 52" in hexadecimal mode, which should bring me to the start of characterdata.txt. I then put my cursor in front of the "FF FE" from that search and paste over the file from my modified file.

>>4.Modifying Glow/Seal<<
Another very difficult hex. This is more difficult then changing your wolf. Once you have the wolf down, you'll be able to do this fairly easy. Credits to cruor:
Quote:
Changing plus glows:
The plus glows are defined in a file called "itemtypenumber.txt"
It is in the resinfo directory of Media.pk2

1. Open up Media.pk2 in your hex editor and do a search in hexadecimal mode for "31 20 09 33".

2. There are sixteen lines of information in this file. The information is for +3 through +9, four times. Start out by opening resinfo\itemoption.txt and having a look at it. It uses the same syntax for item names as itemdata.txt. Look for your item in the first column. The number following it immediately is the number you want. Once you find it, move back over to your hex editor.

3. Search for "3X 20 09 3Y" in hexadecimal mode where X is the number you found earlier and Y is the plus number of the glow you have (3, 5, 7, or 9).
Example:
For ITEM_CH_SWORD_01_A (+4) you would search for "33 20 09 33"

4. Now that you have the right line, look for "option_textureXX.ddj". This is the texture overlayed over the weapon. Valid options for the number (XX) are 13, 14, and 20 with higher ones being brighter.

5. Look a bit futher and you should see two sets of comma separated three floating point numbers. These are the actual colors. The first set is one color, the second set is the second color. They are in RGB format and can go from 0.000 to 1.000. For example, a full on red glow would be "1.000,0.000,0.000" and if you wanted it to change to green you would set the second set to "0.000,1.000,0.000".

6. I haven't tested but I'm pretty sure you could get +1 and +2 to glow by editing the glow number that you searched for (Y).

Adding Seal Glows:
Seal glows are defined in "itemrare.txt" which is also in the resinfo folder of Media.pk2

1. Open up Media.pk2 in your hex editor and do a search for "raretype" in ANSI mode.

2. Next do a second search for your item in the usual format, in ANSI mode.

3. Now here is where you have to decide what seal you want it to be. If you want it to be SoSun you need to look for the "third tier" entry of your weapon. So if you originally searched for "ITEM_CH_SWORD_07_B_RARE" you need to scroll down till you see "ITEM_CH_SWORD_07_C_RARE". At this point, check your file size.

4. With that in view, go into insert mode and remove the rare so it looks like "ITEM_CH_SWORD_07_C".

5. Next go into over mode change the C to a B since you have a second tier sword.

6. Now with your cursor still where you changed the C to a B, do a hexadecimal search for "0D". Look in the left column to where it found it's result. You should see an "0A" immediately after it. Now in between those two, you need to insert ten zeroes (00 00 00 00 00) Make sure that your file size is the same as it was before.

7. Now find your weapon's entry in itemdata.txt with a Unicode search.

8. Once you find the correct entry, do another Unicode search for "18000".

9. You will see that following the 18000 there are two zeroes. Change the second one to a two.

10. Save and test.

11. If you already have a seal item and want to change its glow you simply need to swap it's tier letter with the desired one. (make sure you swap them so that both still have an entry)

---

There's some rough guides on it. If I have time I might make a nice picture tutorial on it later.

>>5.Further Mods<<
There are lots of possibilities here. As cruor managed to snag the GM armor set earlier today and the stats on them are CRAZY.

viewtopic.php?t=30839

You can mod your squirrel/monkey also. I'm trying to figure out if our version has the pig or not. I'd like to see if we can have a pig :) Umm, i know also weapon appearances can be modded too.. cruor and i were talking about having a "black" sword.. just an idea.. Some people also asked if you can turn your glaive into a sword, or etc etc.. Yes, you can mod your glaive into a sword and do glaive skills with a sword, or vica versa.. Any other questions? I will be posting pictures to help you guys out :))

>>People who made this tut possible<<
-->Cruor (the hex GOD)
-->Plus44
-->Demarthal
-->Avalanche1 (hex GOD jr :P)
-->Silkroadforums.com (this data was all spaced out and posted there)
-->0x33 (yes this was originally their find)

>>Program Links<<

HexEdit121, best for hexing glows, wolf etc
XVI32-easiest for modding clothes and weps IMO
pk2 extractor(for viewing txt files in a pk2)

>>Links<<

Easy Wep and Armor
Plus glows
Pet Modding
Gm armor

Anyone else I forgot, pm me or something to be added :)

Last edited by lynxz on Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]